The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

dagster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 9, 2014
I can manage up to 5 accounts safely without the need of a proxy. As for the verification, see if you can do it through email.

There's some talk about phone verification on this thread, are you saying Instagram doesn't require you to phone verify those accounts?

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
There's some talk about phone verification on this thread, are you saying Instagram doesn't require you to phone verify those accounts?
I just recently created a new account, and when I signed up it gave me the option to create the account with an email or a phone. Since I chose email, it prompted me for an email verification.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
I wouldn't follow/unfollow because eventually it will hurt your engagement
For new accounts follow/unfollow should work fine? Just unfollow accounts that don't follow you back and keep following accounts that follow you back till you get to 7,5k followers.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Thanks for all the great replies!

I'm planning on starting a YouTube channel in the near future as well as my own brand/e-commerce store and plan to use Instagram heavily to help grow awareness of these two platforms.

My question is, what strategy would you recommend for personal branding? Does it vary depending on the type of content you're promoting, or does it all generally follow a similar process?

Also, I'm not very familiar with Instagram bots and am curious about there functionality and what they're geared towards. Are they frowned upon from Instagrams POV? Or are they a legitimate tool that you would encourage the use of?

Thank you for your time, if you've already answered similar questions just let me know and I'll dig them out!

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
It would specifically effect engagement, but the reason why it is good to have a large following is because it is social justification that your Instagram is "good" to follow. However, if you end up following 7,500 followers, then people will realise that the social justification for your large following is not due to your amazing Intsagram page, but rather because you just followed a lot of people.

This will affect your branding of your account. The following will not justifiy your superiority in your specific niche, because people will know it is not organic. That is why liking is so much better, because people don't know how to check whether people like photos to gain followers or not. You have to know what to look for.

Branding is quite straight forward, portray how you wish to be. Easier said then done. Personal branding can be done in different ways, my quick suggestion is to find a successful Instagramer who you'd like to be like, and try and copy their method. (This is what I tell people to do, when helping them start their Instagram accounts.)

Botting is frowned upon. However, you can beat the system. Don't be obnoxious and then people will not care. Don't follow/unfollow because people hate that. Don't spam DM messages. Don't spam generic comments like "awesome photo" on a photo of their dog that just passed away.
However, people love when you like their photo! So do that.

Thanks you for your reply, I appreciate the simplicity of it!

I'd would love to pick your brain further if at all possible, mind if we start a conversation if you have the time? If not, it's totally cool, I just figured no harm in asking! Again, thanks for the quick reply!

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
Hey guys, what is the number do you guys seek of followers/day? I'm doing 30-50 with likes only, but I think it's so little...

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Thanks you for your reply, I appreciate the simplicity of it!

I'd would love to pick your brain further if at all possible, mind if we start a conversation if you have the time? If not, it's totally cool, I just figured no harm in asking! Again, thanks for the quick reply!

Just send me a message, I'm always up for chatting. I'll be away on vacation till Friday, not sure if I'll have Internet, so keep that in mind if I respond late.

Hey guys, what is the number do you guys seek of followers/day? I'm doing 30-50 with likes only, but I think it's so little...

Don't message your account to others. It would be unfair to compare my expectations to someone who just started out or someone who has a significantly larger following then myself.

Remember, each account will grow at different speeds. If your account is in a large niche in Instagram, you should expect to see larger amounts of followers per day, relative to the size of your account. Opposed those those in smaller niches, of course.

30-50 followers a day if your just starting out is not bad. Try and adjust your settings and really track your numbers each day. See what works best for you and just roll with it.

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
What's your current follow count?
I have less than 500 followers, started December 30.

Don't message your account to others. It would be unfair to compare my expectations to someone who just started out or someone who has a significantly larger following then myself.

Remember, each account will grow at different speeds. If your account is in a large niche in Instagram, you should expect to see larger amounts of followers per day, relative to the size of your account. Opposed those those in smaller niches, of course.

30-50 followers a day if your just starting out is not bad. Try and adjust your settings and really track your numbers each day. See what works best for you and just roll with it.

I did 2 accounts in the same day, December 30. One reached 300 now and the other is almost 400. I'm trying... Thanks for the aswners.

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
I could be wrong here, but a daily growth of 50 followers at a current following of 500 sounds pretty good actually, especially having only started less than a month ago! Whats your following/follower ratio? Out of curiosity
Do you think? Rly? I have 366 followers and following 180 in one, almost 2:1, for example.

Oscar Toro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 27, 2015
I will jump on the train. I have an IG account for the business but the follows are coming pretty slow; so I will try Instagress (using likes) in order to get more followers. The content I provide is unique and it comes from the business.
My content is good & unique, I have been manually following people from my niche and they usually follow back and like my posts.

Do you guys think using a bot would affect the IG page or the branding of the business?

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
Hey,
How do you guys offer your IG account to advertisers? I'm facing some troubles with this, actually I have an 60K account followers with 5-7k likes per photo, but I dont know how to sell it.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hey,
How do you guys offer your IG account to advertisers? I'm facing some troubles with this, actually I have an 60K account followers with 5-7k likes per photo, but I dont know how to sell it.

Figure out what your target audience is. Find companies that need to target that demographic and get started on messaging these companies through DM.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
Right now I have FollowLiker auto-posting pictures for me. Is it possible to tell it to post pictures at a specific time? I only see an option to see up the times for ALL of the automations... but not by specific ones.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Right now I have FollowLiker auto-posting pictures for me. Is it possible to tell it to post pictures at a specific time? I only see an option to see up the times for ALL of the automations... but not by specific ones.
Yes, there should be a new update on FL that allows you to post a specific photo at a specific time. It should be on the same page as when you are adding a specific photo. Try and update your software, see if that works.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
Yes, there should be a new update on FL that allows you to post a specific photo at a specific time. It should be on the same page as when you are adding a specific photo. Try and update your software, see if that works.

But that's only with specific photos? Can you do it with a folder of pictures?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
But that's only with specific photos? Can you do it with a folder of pictures?
You can tell your folder of photos that you want to start up the account say 10AM but it mist wait between 50 and 55 minutes before posting its first post, which means you would alwaus have it scheduled to post at 10:50 and 10:55AM.

I brlieve thats the answer you're looking for, but let me know of it's not.

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
Made an Instagram account today, got around 100 followers now, and posted 3 pictures.

Just wanted to share my first day with you guys.
Thanks for all the tips & hints, planning on using a bot after a week.

To build a stable account with a good amount of followers.
Hey bro,
Are you doing Follow2Follow or getting followers just by likes?

TheDutch

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 30, 2016
Hey bro,
Are you doing Follow2Follow or getting followers just by likes?
I'm doing it by hand right now. Liking about 30 to 40 pics each hour. Following around 300 people right now.

Posting max 3 pics a day, quality with text and max 3-4 hashtags.

I'm going to delete a-lot of following when i reach the 2.5k followers goal.

Never did anything with instagram before, so im curious how this plays out.

Already on 140 followers right now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
I'm doing it by hand right now. Liking about 30 to 40 pics each hour. Following around 300 people right now.

Posting max 3 pics a day, quality with text and max 3-4 hashtags.

I'm going to delete a-lot of following when i reach the 2.5k followers goal.

Never did anything with instagram before, so im curious how this plays out.

Already on 140 followers right now.

Growing very fast. Your niche is car? If wes, we can shoutout each other.

TheDutch

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 30, 2016
Growing very fast. Your niche is car? If wes, we can shoutout each other.
Nope, it's traveling.
Main goal will be payed shoutouts by hostels and airbnb locations later on.

hackthegram

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2017
california
You can manage up to 5 accounts safely without the need of a proxy. As for the verification, see if you can do it through email.

Hi,

I'm new to fast lane and new to this thread but the interest in growing my fashion niche instagram account has led me here, which i'm glad it did.

After reading this whole thread i've decided to purchase FL. You've said that you can manage up to 5 accounts safely, does that mean i won't need a proxy to manage my one account using my phone while i post content while simultaneously use the computer for using followliker on the same account?

One other question- is it safe to set follow liker to run throughout the whole day or should i set it to only run for a set amount of time daily (i.e. 10am - 7pm)

Thank you for all your help in advance.

TheDutch

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 30, 2016
Hi,

I'm new to fast lane and new to this thread but the interest in growing my fashion niche instagram account has led me here, which i'm glad it did.

After reading this whole thread i've decided to purchase FL. You've said that you can manage up to 5 accounts safely, does that mean i won't need a proxy to manage my one account using my phone while i post content while simultaneously use the computer for using followliker on the same account?

One other question- is it safe to set follow liker to run throughout the whole day or should i set it to only run for a set amount of time daily (i.e. 10am - 7pm)

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Welcome, glad you joined the Forum.
Hope you will gain the same amount of motivation as most of the members here.

Regarding the questions you've posted; answers are all in the pages in this thread.

You can however, do it without a proxy, but just make sure you're staying within the safe zones. Minimizing the ban risk and maximising your growth while staying under the radar.

Hope it helps!

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Is anybody here using engagement groups. Did they make a noticeable difference for you?
They are supposed to get you easier in the top9s of hashtags and on the explore page so basically more exposure for organic growth.

hackthegram

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2017
california
Is anybody here using engagement groups. Did they make a noticeable difference for you?
They are supposed to get you easier in the top9s of hashtags and on the explore page so basically more exposure for organic growth.
Engagement groups are foreign to me but i'm really interested. Anyone know more about this?

Timo985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 14, 2017
Leeds
Hey guys,
I'm facing troubles to make money with my IG. I have an account with 60k followers and a good engagement (I do 5-7k likes each picture), and no one wants to pay for it. Do you have some idea what I'm doing wrong?
I think this business in Brazil is not so big yet... Still trying.
Hi Joao, have you looked into some affiliate marketing? Or maybe having some sponsored posts?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.