The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
How are you capitalizing on snapchat and getting the followers on snapchat? And do you run one for each of your IG accounts or what?

Also, how are you finding out the deals on capitalizing on your IG accounts through these affiliate/cpa offers?

My main account has 1800+ and my clothing line has around 400 at the moment. Clothing line is very very niche.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Hey Jim,

Im interested in learning marketing through Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, do you know of any good reads to get me started in the right direction?

Thank You

I've actually read this e-book, it's a good start especially if you're new to instagram: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior...ram-ease-no-one-teaching-brain-dead-easy.html

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I have a programmer background and while I prob. won't be coding up my own bot like you, I would like to know if you can share:

1. Top 3 things NOT to do. Top things you learned that got your accounts banned ( example, posting every X seconds hurt you, not using proxies, etc )

2. Are you using public or private proxies ( shared or dedicated elite )?

3. If someone wanted to grow their new account by hand ( lets just say 1 account ), what's the best strategy you have been doing that someone could emulate manually ( likes, follows, postings, etc ). I'm looking to start one in a certain niche and I'm new to Instagram, so just wondering best course of action.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
I have a programmer background and while I prob. won't be coding up my own bot like you, I would like to know if you can share:

1. Top 3 things NOT to do. Top things you learned that got your accounts banned ( example, posting every X seconds hurt you, not using proxies, etc )

2. Are you using public or private proxies ( shared or dedicated elite )?

3. If someone wanted to grow their new account by hand ( lets just say 1 account ), what's the best strategy you have been doing that someone could emulate manually ( likes, follows, postings, etc ). I'm looking to start one in a certain niche and I'm new to Instagram, so just wondering best course of action.

1. follow/unfollow method(IG is going ban crazy on people abusing this doing this right now), using a bot to comment 150+ a day, and doing over 2500+ likes a day

2. I'm using private dedicated instagram proxies.

3. doing targeted likes in your niche

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Jim, I have an account with 30k followers, at what point would you deem appropriate to start monetising?
The ebook he linked said when you get to 50-100k. That's when you sell shoutouts

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I'm not worried about the initial couple of weeks of a new account.

I set mine up like 4 days ago. I am only doing 20-40 likes a day ( im bumping up the variables every day at the EOD ) so it looks more natural. Being a programmer who built similar tools like this for other platforms, I know some of them have tipping points for new accounts. I'm not worried or concerned if it takes me longer.

With that said, 4 days old and 20-40 likes a day.. I'm at 10 followers.

My niche is very small and focused though for this 1 account. Grand total of 90 likes and 10 followers, Im doing better than 10% on that ratio. I'm sure it would be more if I did follows.

I'm only concerned with keeping low profile until the 4 week mark and busting out new accounts every week in bigger niches on autopilot.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I have been hearing a lot about Instagram so I decided to test this out.

I came up with an idea, put an e-commerce store together, and then passed the Instagram account over to my wife haha.

In about a week we are up to 373 followers and we are getting about 30-40 extra hits to the website per week. And we haven't really been pushing this too hard.

Now I'm going to be sending some traffic to some subscription based apps that I created.

It's interesting to see this working. Thanks for sharing.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
What do you do exactly when you target big pages. Do you use their name in the hashtag?

I don't understand why I would do something with hashtags. It's pretty simple.

Find a big account.

Tell the bot to follow people who have liked the big account.

Tell bot to like pics of people who followed the big account.

The only time that we use hashtags is when we are posting a pic to the account.

I'm not getting crazy results like JimD, but right now I don't even care about that. Just don't make it any harder than it needs to be.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
My wife noticed something interesting the other day. As I said in a previous post, we started liking & following the followers of big accounts and this increased our follower rate.

Then she started liking pics and following people who like content on big accounts (she did this manually to test). The theory is that these people are usually either more active or they were just active recently.

This caused our follower rate to 10X again. Is there a bot that will like and follow people who like content based on user or tags?

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
Hey just curious..Didn't Instagram just roll out advertising space like 7 days ago (September 30) for businesses to advertise on their platform? Do you have insight on how you got in early? Or am I talking about a totally different thing here?

Totally different than what OP is doing.

That has more to do with something similar to Facebook ads. So you're actually paying for exposure.

With OP's methods, you create your own exposure through these bots that like pictures and do other actions you would otherwise do manually.

Hello, thank you all for your advice and support guys. This may be the single most absurd fix to a software problem ... I did as @eliquid said and put it on a laptop...it now works. The power went off in this dump of a town for 5 hours and my laptop froze twice ... Followliker still works normally.

Why? I've got no idea...and I consider myself tech savvy too.

A big thank you to @eliquid , @RazorCut , and @TJPB
Backup your main data files and delete all your other files related to FL. Reinstalling it after should do the trick. And their support is spot on.

Guys. Just getting FL wont make you an overnight success. Learn Instagram as a whole and observe how people interact with it. Think long term. By learning that and being authentic in your own voice within your niche, you build your own tribes of loyal fans who will be more likely to do business with you.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This AMA is getting cluttered with technical posts and are kinda hijacking this thread. Maybe create another thread.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
One question that I didn't see anyone ask was your process for creating the Instagram accounts. My question to you OP is what is your step by step method for creating these accounts without getting them banned or not being able to phone verify. Thanks :)

I have a rooted android device which allows me to create unlimited accounts. There are alsoe services out there that create IG accounts for you. You do need dedicated IG proxies which I also pay for. And I have sources over seas for phone verification as well as a pv (phone verification) panel (no way around phone verifications)

How are you generating in so many followers with multiple accounts? How did you gain so many followers?
Read all my previous posts in this thread.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This might have been answered but very curious about this.

"proxy services which is around $46 a month to have them up and running, I grow them all through my bot"

What proxy services do you use? Did you program your own bot as well? What automation tools would you recommend to grow new accounts?

All of these have been answered.

He recommends followliker but doesn't use it himself personally
He paid for people to program his own personally bot
Private proxy services (google them)

I can see why he stopped posting when people don't even read what he has already written, in detail, multiple times.
It takes 30 minutes to read this thread and copy all his posts into a word document.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
I'll tell you how dead it is.

We started 12 weeks ago. We now have 11K targeted followers and over 400 optins on a page that just says "get launch details". No lead magnet, no offer, nothing.

AND, we simply built our brand on IG so far, we didn't make offers or anything.

We launch in 3 days and are going to begin actually making offers.

Zero money spent on IG and 400 super targets optins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Been doing the Follow method for about two days and I haven't gotten a lot of new followers (about 5 or 6), but I have been getting more likes on my photos. Should I keep it going a little longer and see if it gets better?

Send me a DM with your account name so I can see your photos. I also would say, keep liking photos. Make sure that you are liking the right peoples photos though. The beginning is the absolute slowest time to get followers. You can see my process was also slow. The time period for hitting my landmarks:
0--->10K Followers (5.5 months)
10K --> 25K Follwers (3 months)
25K ---> 50K Followers (2 months)

I am on track to hit 100K Followers in only 4 months. So that means to just get those first 10K followers too a TON of time. Imagine how slow it was from 0-->100 or 0--->1,000?

Just keep grinding my friend.

Last edited:

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
Real quick: For anyone who's using Mikkel's liking method make sure you follow it PERFECTLY! It turned out I had a number wrong in my settings which caused the whole method to run slow. I fixed it and now am getting some traction on my followers. Not super fast growth yet, but definitely got me off the plateau I was at.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
How are you capitalizing on snapchat and getting the followers on snapchat? And do you run one for each of your IG accounts or what?

Also, how are you finding out the deals on capitalizing on your IG accounts through these affiliate/cpa offers?

My main account has 1800+ and my clothing line has around 400 at the moment. Clothing line is very very niche.

Promoting offers, the followers are coming from IG and sfs (shout for shout). So definitely add your Snapchat to your IG bio, tell them in all your captions on your uploads to add your snapchat account too! Health/workout snapchats would kill it!

And not every single IG, only if there is a product in that niche to promote then I would create a snapchat for it.

Your niche should tell you all your deals that would be able to promote.

Clothing is very interesting to me, I've been researching a lot about it lately shopify/fb ads/instagram, tons of female users on IG

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Great work @JimD

Been experimenting a lot with Twitter, Instagram and Facebook with affiliate offers to test out strategies without killing any important brand / client accounts in the process. Like you I've killed more than a few figuring out what does and doesn't work... have to say I love it though. Nothing like moment you find something that starts doing wonders for your numbers / conversions

Have to admit totally been ignoring Snapchat. Thanks for the reminder - off to take a closer look!

LleixG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 22, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
For buying shoutouts you need to look at likes/comments on the pics, the number of followers can be easily faked so don't check it. The best way is to buy a shoutout for 1h and try how it goes. If you get good results buy more, if not try other big accounts at your niche. The best way is to contact the accounts directly by DM, email or Kik (usually at their profile)
PS: Likes/comments can be faked too so be sure to check out a few profiles to see if they are legit

Last edited:

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
1. Why did you decide to invest in creating your own bot rather than using another companies?
2. Have you investigated other social media platforms such as Tumblr and Pintrest to generate revenue?
3. If no to #2, why not?

1. More control
2. I looked into Pinterest a bit in the beginning of my social media journey but I got Instagram down faster so I put my main focus on it.

G

Guest12120

I've decided to give it a go as well. Set up Follow Liker yesterday, posted a lot of photos and right now I have 15 followers and 67 posts. I have prepared images to be posted and Follow Liker posts up to 10 a day. I liked 1135 photos so far.

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
I've tried what it says in their guide. Even a clean install doesn't work on my desktop after the first time. Even on my laptop, the program freezes for some reason after 15-20 minutes

Is it possible to have this program on two computers? One on the laptop so my data is saved and one on the desktop so it actually runs without being frozen?

So I create a new account on the laptop, then actually run it on the desktop.

This thread's focus is more on OP's experience than a software troubleshoot.

Send FL a support ticket, they will help you more than we can about that. Here are some things to consider though: maybe your settings are too aggressive. So you are overloading your system.

And no, as far as I know, it's one license per computer. And if you want to move your stuff over, follow the steps as provided in the FL-FAQ doc. (check the email right after the receipt email)

Once you have it setup on a computer, extract the data as needed (I extract weekly from my VPS). I also update my lists as I go. Been using similar list liking method since February. Works wonders for my clients.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
At how many followers is it worth something? And how much approximately?

50k+ Otherwise a waste of time. Also note: if the account makes no money it's not worth anything, just like a business.

hey awesome man!
while others don't use copyright at all and don't get banned or sued-how's that possible?
I think maybe no one cares about that copyright but when page gets millions of followers that's another story

Instagram is a photo sharing application, therefore share photos.
If anyone gets picky, they will remove the photo. Also, most people are happy if an account with 100k+ followers tags or credits the image, its driving free traffic.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Thanks Aaron - here is where we are.

We are building a brand that we are launching in January.

We have been VERY specific with our keywords over the last couple of months and we are at 7000 followers as of this morning.

We post at least 6 images a day, and each images is getting over 100 likes.

We are very happy with the growth.

We want to put our BRAND image as a top post and keep it there for our niche hashtags.

We haven't bought anything or done anything shady so far except for use FollowLiker in a very targeted way.

Ok cool, I'm going to point out a few things here which you should be aware of if you are a brand.

1: Brand image is everything on Instagram, you are visually telling a story of who you are and what value you are adding to the world. Therefore, anything fake on your account applies that your brand accepts using unfair advantages to exploit systems. Not good right?

2: If you are going to go ahead with this, make sure the image you choose is damn F*cking good and sparks a lot of attention. This will make the likes look realistic and not question why this one image has 5k likes instead of the others you have uploaded (100+ likes).

3: I also recommend only getting the amount of likes to just position yourself in the top. Once again what do you want out of this? Followers, likes, sales? You're best off buying a shout out from a respected account in your niche and using good marketing skills: short caption that enforces a clear CTA.

We want to put our BRAND image as a top post and keep it there for our niche hashtags.
It's not going to stay up there for long, 72 hours max if it keeps getting comments and likes from others. Also if its just a brand image, so what? Why the hell are people going to be interested in this. People use Instagram to see cool shit that's interesting and creates emotion. I'm not trying to be rude, just clear in my statements so you don't end up making a bad decision.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
OK - I wanted to post a progress update. It has taken a bit of trial and error, but we are really pleased with the results.

We've been at this about 7 weeks and started with a "dead" account that was about 1 year old.

This morning we went over 7400 very targeted followers. :)

Here is what we are doing.

We have a "brand" rather than a person and we are posting mostly quotes based around that brand.

We are posting 8-12 images a day. For us, there is a definite correlation between number of photos and followers.

We have 30 hashtags on each photo that are targeted to our audience niche.

We are liking targeted photos.

We are doing keyword targeted follow / unfollow as well as those who like our photos.

We are NOT commenting.

Everything we are doing is automated with FollowLiker.

Today was the first 24hr period where we received 300 new followers.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!