• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Intro: It's great to be here

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

ChemEnginerd2024

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
271%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I wanted to make this short and sweet…

I am an engineer, project manager, husband and father to four. I have reached a point in my mid-life where it has occurred to me that my life was passing me by, and largely because I don't have the time I would like to enjoy it. I sort of had a FTE about two years ago when I told my director that I wanted to switch roles and work for another manager. I saw this change as an opportunity to collect the same salary but with a lot less stress and around-the-clock responsibility. Not because I couldn’t handle it, but because my heart was no longer in it. I have found myself envious of others when I hear about their flexibility of time (sometimes they are just bums, which I know is not the path). My career is interesting at times, but typically a time consuming 5 days a week grind.

Over the last four years I have read many financial books including investment, entrepreneurial, real estate, etc. I had some short-term success in day trading, but not long term... I tried to start an online business. Created an LLC, built an ecommerce website, set everything up to be legit, tried to source good inventory for my store but ultimately only made one sale in about 1 year. During that time, I convinced myself that my niche was too limited, and market was too small. I may have been wrong, but lost motivation after spending a considerable amount on ads and not getting results. In the back of my mind, I knew I needed to add more value for my customers. I wanted to make/produce something unique for them but was not able to identify a product I wanted to spend the effort on. Last fall I looked into acquiring an existing business but realized that not too many people in my area want to sell good businesses (in my price range), and you need good contacts and cash/financing lined up.

In December of 2023 I read Unscripted. Shortly after, I read The Millionaire Fast Lane. I would say that when I read the first two books, I was very inspired, but a little discouraged by my lack of creativity. I am also not proficient in software programing except the most basic of VBA/excel. I have tried to train myself to be aware of when I come up with Inventions / business ideas. So far, I have quickly talked myself out of pursuing them for some reason or discovered that I am not the first to market. I have some niche interests or specialties (scuba diving, mountain biking, reef aquaria, koi ponds, homesteading, ATVs, EVs, small hydroelectric, mushrooms, investing. Perhaps the ideas I tend to come up with will not be for the masses and may have a limited market. I am also more of a function over form kind of guy.

I have been stagnant on entrepreneurial efforts lately as I am trying to focus on completing a home remodel. We are trying to accomplish this through my sweat equity and savings without taking on debt. I am quite handy and teach myself just about anything. I am also very mechanically and electrically inclined. I can fix just about anything. I can visualize teaching myself 3D printing, TIG welding, CNC Laser, PLC programming, etc. I work at a chemical plant and have experience designing / improving chemical processes including piping, pumps, reactors, distillation columns, boilers, and instruments. One more thing about me is I tend to be a serial hobbyist. I have curiosity about so much in the world, but I have noticed that I can get bored if something seems like I have figured it out enough. I have much respect for those that can spend 10000 hours becoming an expert at something.

Last week I bought and read The Great Rat-Race Escape. Reading the Great Rat-Race Escape has awoken something dormant in me. I have joined this group with the hope that I can get some information, inspiration, direction, Entrepreneurial Mojo!

O xepvif vu neli vjot tjusv epf txiiv…

O en ep iphopiis, qsukidv nepehis, jatcepf epf gevjis vu guas. O jewi siedjif e quopv op nz nof-mogi xjisi ov jet uddassif vu ni vjev nz mogi xet qettoph ni cz, epf meshimz cideati O fup'v jewi vji voni O xuamf moli vu ipkuz ov. O tusv ug jef e GVI ecuav vxu ziest ehu xjip O vumf nz fosidvus vjev O xepvif vu txovdj sumit epf xusl gus epuvjis nepehis. O tex vjot djephi et ep uqqusvapovz vu dummidv vji teni temesz cav xovj e muv mitt tvsitt epf esuapf-vji-dmudl sitquptocomovz. Puv cideati O duamfp’v jepfmi ov, cav cideati nz jiesv xet pu muphis op ov. O jewi guapf nztimg ipwouat ug uvjist xjip O jies ecuav vjios gmiyocomovz ug voni (tunivonit vjiz esi katv cant, xjodj O lpux ot puv vji qevj). Nz desiis ot opvisitvoph ev vonit, cav vzqodemmz e voni duptanoph 5 fezt e xiil hsopf.

Uwis vji metv guas ziest O jewi sief nepz gopepdoem cuult opdmafoph opwitvnipv, ipvsiqsipiasoem, siem itvevi, ivd. O jef tuni tjusv-visn tadditt op fez vsefoph, cav puv muph visn... O vsoif vu tvesv ep upmopi catopitt. Dsievif ep MMD, caomv ep idunnisdi xictovi, tiv iwiszvjoph aq vu ci mihov, vsoif vu tuasdi huuf opwipvusz gus nz tvusi cav amvonevimz upmz nefi upi temi op ecuav 1 zies. Fasoph vjev voni, O dupwopdif nztimg vjev nz podji xet vuu monovif, epf nesliv xet vuu tnemm. O nez jewi ciip xsuph, cav mutv nuvowevoup egvis tqipfoph e duptofisecmi enuapv up eft epf puv hivvoph sitamvt. Op vji cedl ug nz nopf, O lpix O piifif vu eff nusi wemai gus nz datvunist. O xepvif vu neli/qsufadi tunivjoph aporai gus vjin cav xet puv ecmi vu ofipvogz e qsufadv O xepvif vu tqipf vji iggusv up. Metv gemm O muulif opvu edraosoph ep iyotvoph catopitt cav siemobif vjev puv vuu nepz qiuqmi op nz esie xepv vu timm huuf catopittit (op nz qsodi sephi), epf zua piif huuf dupvedvt epf detj/gopepdoph mopif aq.

Op Fidincis ug 2023 O sief Aptdsoqvif. Tjusvmz egvis, O sief Vji Nommoupeosi Getv Mepi. O xuamf tez vjev xjip O sief vji gostv vxu cuult, O xet wisz optqosif, cav e movvmi fotduasehif cz nz medl ug dsievowovz. O en emtu puv qsugodoipv op tugvxesi qsuhsenoph iydiqv vji nutv cetod ug WCE/iydim. O jewi vsoif vu vseop nztimg vu ci exesi ug xjip O duni aq xovj Opwipvoupt / catopitt ofiet. Tu ges, O jewi raodlmz vemlif nztimg uav ug qastaoph vjin gus tuni sietup us fotduwisif vjev O en puv vji gostv vu nesliv. O jewi tuni podji opvisitvt us tqidoemvoit (tdace fowoph, nuapveop coloph, siig eraesoe, luo qupft, junitviefoph, EVWt, IWt, tnemm jzfsuimidvsod, natjsuunt, opwitvoph. Qisjeqt vji ofiet O vipf vu duni aq xovj xomm puv ci gus vji nettit epf nez jewi e monovif nesliv. O en emtu nusi ug e gapdvoup uwis gusn lopf ug haz.

O jewi ciip tvehpepv up ipvsiqsipiasoem iggusvt mevimz et O en vszoph vu gudat up dunqmivoph e juni sinufim. Xi esi vszoph vu eddunqmotj vjot vjsuahj nz txiev iraovz epf tewopht xovjuav veloph up ficv. O en raovi jepfz epf viedj nztimg katv ecuav epzvjoph. O en emtu wisz nidjepodemmz epf imidvsodemmz opdmopif. O dep goy katv ecuav epzvjoph. O dep wotaemobi viedjoph nztimg 3F qsopvoph, VOH ximfoph, DPD Metis, QMD qsuhsennoph, ivd. O xusl ev e djinodem qmepv epf jewi iyqisoipdi fitohpoph / onqsuwoph djinodem qsudittit opdmafoph qoqoph, qanqt, siedvust, fotvommevoup dumanpt, cuomist, epf optvsanipvt. Upi nusi vjoph ecuav ni ot O vipf vu ci e tisoem jucczotv. O jewi dasoutovz ecuav tu nadj op vji xusmf, cav O jewi puvodif vjev O dep hiv cusif og tunivjoph tiint moli O jewi gohasif ov uav ipuahj. O jewi nadj sitqidv gus vjuti vjev dep tqipf 10000 juast cidunoph ep iyqisv ev tunivjoph.

Metv xiil O cuahjv epf sief Vji Hsiev Sev-Sedi Itdeqi. Siefoph vji Hsiev Sev-Sedi Itdeqi jet exulip tunivjoph fusnepv op ni. O jewi kuopif vjot hsuaq xovj vji juqi vjev O dep hiv tuni opgusnevoup, optqosevoup, fosidvoup, Ipvsiqsipiasoem Nuku!

Zua jewi e muv ug lpuxmifhi up nepz vjopht. Disveopmz vjisi jet vu ci e qeop/qsucmin op upi ug vjiti neslivtqedit xjisi zua dep neli ep onqedv epf djephi zuas mogi.

Og zua dep funopevi e podji gus vji pevoup, us vji xusmf, vjiz dep djephi zuas mogi.

Xjev't simiwepv ot qodloph tunivjoph xusvj vji voni opwitvnipv.

Vjiti vxu vuqodt esi wisz simiwepv...

Ximduni ecuesf epf vjeplt gus tjesoph zuas tvusz.

Ximduni- tiint moli zua esi puv egseof vu vsz pix vjopht. Zuas dep fu eqqsuedj ot tunivjoph piifif vu nuwi gusxesf op mogi. Zua dep gopf e muv ug humf opgu op jisi. Huuf madl!

O xepvif vu neli vjot tjusv epf txiiv…

O en ep iphopiis, qsukidv nepehis, jatcepf epf gevjis vu guas. O jewi siedjif e quopv op nz nof-mogi xjisi ov jet uddassif vu ni vjev nz mogi xet qettoph ni cz, epf meshimz cideati O fup'v jewi vji voni O xuamf moli vu ipkuz ov. O tusv ug jef e GVI ecuav vxu ziest ehu xjip O vumf nz fosidvus vjev O xepvif vu txovdj sumit epf xusl gus epuvjis nepehis. O tex vjot djephi et ep uqqusvapovz vu dummidv vji teni temesz cav xovj e muv mitt tvsitt epf esuapf-vji-dmudl sitquptocomovz. Puv cideati O duamfp’v jepfmi ov, cav cideati nz jiesv xet pu muphis op ov. O jewi guapf nztimg ipwouat ug uvjist xjip O jies ecuav vjios gmiyocomovz ug voni (tunivonit vjiz esi katv cant, xjodj O lpux ot puv vji qevj). Nz desiis ot opvisitvoph ev vonit, cav vzqodemmz e voni duptanoph 5 fezt e xiil hsopf.

Uwis vji metv guas ziest O jewi sief nepz gopepdoem cuult opdmafoph opwitvnipv, ipvsiqsipiasoem, siem itvevi, ivd. O jef tuni tjusv-visn tadditt op fez vsefoph, cav puv muph visn... O vsoif vu tvesv ep upmopi catopitt. Dsievif ep MMD, caomv ep idunnisdi xictovi, tiv iwiszvjoph aq vu ci mihov, vsoif vu tuasdi huuf opwipvusz gus nz tvusi cav amvonevimz upmz nefi upi temi op ecuav 1 zies. Fasoph vjev voni, O dupwopdif nztimg vjev nz podji xet vuu monovif, epf nesliv xet vuu tnemm. O nez jewi ciip xsuph, cav mutv nuvowevoup egvis tqipfoph e duptofisecmi enuapv up eft epf puv hivvoph sitamvt. Op vji cedl ug nz nopf, O lpix O piifif vu eff nusi wemai gus nz datvunist. O xepvif vu neli/qsufadi tunivjoph aporai gus vjin cav xet puv ecmi vu ofipvogz e qsufadv O xepvif vu tqipf vji iggusv up. Metv gemm O muulif opvu edraosoph ep iyotvoph catopitt cav siemobif vjev puv vuu nepz qiuqmi op nz esie xepv vu timm huuf catopittit (op nz qsodi sephi), epf zua piif huuf dupvedvt epf detj/gopepdoph mopif aq.

Op Fidincis ug 2023 O sief Aptdsoqvif. Tjusvmz egvis, O sief Vji Nommoupeosi Getv Mepi. O xuamf tez vjev xjip O sief vji gostv vxu cuult, O xet wisz optqosif, cav e movvmi fotduasehif cz nz medl ug dsievowovz. O en emtu puv qsugodoipv op tugvxesi qsuhsenoph iydiqv vji nutv cetod ug WCE/iydim. O jewi vsoif vu vseop nztimg vu ci exesi ug xjip O duni aq xovj Opwipvoupt / catopitt ofiet. Tu ges, O jewi raodlmz vemlif nztimg uav ug qastaoph vjin gus tuni sietup us fotduwisif vjev O en puv vji gostv vu nesliv. O jewi tuni podji opvisitvt us tqidoemvoit (tdace fowoph, nuapveop coloph, siig eraesoe, luo qupft, junitviefoph, EVWt, IWt, tnemm jzfsuimidvsod, natjsuunt, opwitvoph. Qisjeqt vji ofiet O vipf vu duni aq xovj xomm puv ci gus vji nettit epf nez jewi e monovif nesliv. O en emtu nusi ug e gapdvoup uwis gusn lopf ug haz.

O jewi ciip tvehpepv up ipvsiqsipiasoem iggusvt mevimz et O en vszoph vu gudat up dunqmivoph e juni sinufim. Xi esi vszoph vu eddunqmotj vjot vjsuahj nz txiev iraovz epf tewopht xovjuav veloph up ficv. O en raovi jepfz epf viedj nztimg katv ecuav epzvjoph. O en emtu wisz nidjepodemmz epf imidvsodemmz opdmopif. O dep goy katv ecuav epzvjoph. O dep wotaemobi viedjoph nztimg 3F qsopvoph, VOH ximfoph, DPD Metis, QMD qsuhsennoph, ivd. O xusl ev e djinodem qmepv epf jewi iyqisoipdi fitohpoph / onqsuwoph djinodem qsudittit opdmafoph qoqoph, qanqt, siedvust, fotvommevoup dumanpt, cuomist, epf optvsanipvt. Upi nusi vjoph ecuav ni ot O vipf vu ci e tisoem jucczotv. O jewi dasoutovz ecuav tu nadj op vji xusmf, cav O jewi puvodif vjev O dep hiv cusif og tunivjoph tiint moli O jewi gohasif ov uav ipuahj. O jewi nadj sitqidv gus vjuti vjev dep tqipf 10000 juast cidunoph ep iyqisv ev tunivjoph.

Metv xiil O cuahjv epf sief Vji Hsiev Sev-Sedi Itdeqi. Siefoph vji Hsiev Sev-Sedi Itdeqi jet exulip tunivjoph fusnepv op ni. O jewi kuopif vjot hsuaq xovj vji juqi vjev O dep hiv tuni opgusnevoup, optqosevoup, fosidvoup, Ipvsiqsipiasoem Nuku!
Zua tvusz tunixjev sinopft ni ug nz uxp (cioph ep iphopiis, jatcepf epf gevjis, siemoboph vjev mogi ot qettoph cz xovj pu voni vu ipkuz ov, jewoph e muv ug vidjpodem tlommt, cioph opvisitvif op namvoqmi vjopht/cioph e tisoem jucczotv).

O dep vimm zua vjev vjisi ot tu nadj vu miesp up vjot gusan. Vjisi't e vjsief gus katv ecuav epzvjoph xovj nepz qiuqmi xju dep jimq haofi vji xez. O'n tvomm vszoph vu gopf nz xez ev vjot quopv, cav O hiv dmutis iwisz fez.

Neli ep iggusv vu ci up vjot gusan iwisz tophmi fez. Zua fup'v pidittesomz jewi vu qutv iwiszfez, cav ov jimqt zua epf uvjist fsetvodemmz og zua fu. O vsz vu siedv vu tiwisem qutvt e fez ev e cesi noponan.

Ximduni vu vji gusan! O'n tunixjev e pixcoi jisi, vuu. Qisjeqt at iphopiist dep duppidv tunivoni! :)

(ifov: cvx O'n e dowom iphopiis dassipvmz xusloph et e tvsadvasem iphopiis)

Last edited:
Zua tvusz tunixjev sinopft ni ug nz uxp (cioph ep iphopiis, jatcepf epf gevjis, siemoboph vjev mogi ot qettoph cz xovj pu voni vu ipkuz ov, jewoph e muv ug vidjpodem tlommt, cioph opvisitvif op namvoqmi vjopht/cioph e tisoem jucczotv).

O dep vimm zua vjev vjisi ot tu nadj vu miesp up vjot gusan. Vjisi't e vjsief gus katv ecuav epzvjoph xovj nepz qiuqmi xju dep jimq haofi vji xez. O'n tvomm vszoph vu gopf nz xez ev vjot quopv, cav O hiv dmutis iwisz fez.

Neli ep iggusv vu ci up vjot gusan iwisz tophmi fez. Zua fup'v pidittesomz jewi vu qutv iwiszfez, cav ov jimqt zua epf uvjist fsetvodemmz og zua fu. O vsz vu siedv vu tiwisem qutvt e fez ev e cesi noponan.

Ximduni vu vji gusan! O'n tunixjev e pixcoi jisi, vuu. Qisjeqt at iphopiist dep duppidv tunivoni! :)

Ximduni- tiint moli zua esi puv egseof vu vsz pix vjopht. Zuas dep fu eqqsuedj ot tunivjoph piifif vu nuwi gusxesf op mogi. Zua dep gopf e muv ug humf opgu op jisi. Huuf madl!
Vjepl zua. O qmep vu ati vjot et nz ipvsiqsipiasoem opgu epf dunnapodevoup jac.

Vjepl zua. Vjev xuamf ci hsiev. O eqqsidoevi vji xesn ximduni!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back