The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is SMMA a good business model to start

Idea threads

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
Im 15 and trying to decide on a business model to start, I'm leaning towards SMMA at the moment because even if it does not work out I'll have a good foundation in marketing for when I start another business (like a internet business). I ran it by the 5 commandments in the millionaire fast lane and it seemed ok but did not pass the commandment of entry (as its relatively easy to get into part of the reason why I want to go with it) I also don't understand how I can exit from it and make it relatively passive/separate its results from my time (commandment of time). The industry multiplier I remember seeing in the book was around 1.5x which seems quite low compared to other multipliers (however when I googled it I got results saying 8x EBOTDA whatever that means and even .78x so I don't know). Theres also a lot of gurus who seem very trusted like Gary Vanderchuc and Iman Gadhzi. I tried running it by the WADM but I keep seeing "Shiny objects" ( business models that look great) and wanting to follow them but keep getting left where I started chasing another business model, So I just wanna find a business model that is relatively decent and start it and work on it it for the next 5 years or so. So in summery is SMMA Fastlane or can it at least be made Fastlane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
Im 15 and trying to decide on a business model to start, I'm leaning towards SMMA at the moment because even if it does not work out I'll have a good foundation in marketing for when I start another business (like a internet business). I ran it by the 5 commandments in the millionaire fast lane and it seemed ok but did not pass the commandment of entry (as its relatively easy to get into part of the reason why I want to go with it) I also don't understand how I can exit from it and make it relatively passive/separate its results from my time (commandment of time). The industry multiplier I remember seeing in the book was around 1.5x which seems quite low compared to other multipliers (however when I googled it I got results saying 8x EBOTDA whatever that means and even .78x so I don't know). Theres also a lot of gurus who seem very trusted like Gary Vanderchuc and Iman Gadhzi. I tried running it by the WADM but I keep seeing "Shiny objects" ( business models that look great) and wanting to follow them but keep getting left where I started chasing another business model, So I just wanna find a business model that is relatively decent and start it and work on it it for the next 5 years or so. So in summery is SMMA Fastlane or can it at least be made Fastlane?
Sorry didn’t search SMMA first in the forum I understand now it’s generally considered to be dead now and just used for get rich quick schemes (at least I think still trying to figure out this forum) I saw some people said it is worth while if you can provide genuine help to businesses so I might start it then build out from it like make a leads platform in my niche

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois

Please SEARCH before posting.