• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Is This for Me?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Jamesa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
400%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I am unable to follow through with most things I've come up with. I couldn't tell you a list of the things I haven't done because there are too many, but I will gladly tell you the few things that have worked for me that motivate me to this day and remind me that this whole fastlane thing might be for me.

A bit about me first. I grew up very fortunate. Both my mother's father and father's father were men who believed in the Fastlane. If you care to know what their lanes were, one was an executive engineer at a major chemical company that invented a revolutionary way to transport chemicals on the highway that now became an industry standard. My other grandfather sold highly specialized metals to construction companies. If you have ever been into a Chipotle and noticed the wavy metal on the wall, he sold this type of corrugated metal. They are no longer with us now, but they serve as an inspiration to why I believe the 5 for 2 trade is NOT the only way to live.

While the Fastlane can set up generational wealth, I don't believe that its life span is guaranteed to be long. To me, entrepreneurship is an undefined amount of time sacrificed for an undetermined amount of money. It is way easier to get a job with a predetermined salary that you get a few weeks after starting guaranteed, and that's why it's the standard route.

Today, nobody in my family believes in entrepreneurship, and they are even afraid of thinking about it. Nearly all of my relatives choose a mediocre slow lane or don't even work. While I am fortunate to have been born into a comfortable life, I do not consider myself to be a rich kid at all. I work 6 days a week 9-6, and will be returning to college where I will take classes during the day and work at night. I don't care that the wealth built by my family has mostly been squandered since I am the one who controls where my life will go. I hate having to work a job where 1 hour of work is worth one bowl at Chipotle. In fact, If I "make it" by my family's definition and get a job, that will increase my worth to three Chipolte bowls an hour! The reason I make an analogy like that is because things are absurdly expensive now so that an hour of your time is now worth a bowl of slop, and don't even get me started on groceries. The house across the street from me was worth 40k 30 years ago when my family bought the house I am in now. Now it's worth 6 million. For reference, the owner has a Porche, Bently, and Ferrari all wrapped in dark blue. It's discouraging to think I won't be able to keep any of the properties my family bought because I will need to be able to afford groceries for my family and not waste money on property tax.

Let me talk about some of the few things I've done.

When I was a freshman in high school, I noticed online that people wanted to play GTA with hacks on, but they were only accessible to those who had a jailbroken Playstation 3. I bought a few old ps3's with the cash I had and spend a month jailbreaking them. The margin was about $200 per console, but each console took 5 hours to disassemble and crack. I quickly realized this wasn't a business but a glorified part-time job. Then I started posting on forums I used. I started by giving out a few free guides I had created myself and then promoted a crappy affiliate offer. This was my first true taste of passive income since I took 10 minutes to write a post that generated $100 over a year. That might not be insane to anybody else, but seeing a direct deposit hit my bank for something I didn't work hard for or risk anything for.

About three months ago I realized I wasted my last 6 years of free time switching to new methods and pissing away valuable time. I quit all video games, Netflix, and guru bullshit I let steal my time. I now spend my free time learning to code. I do not take computer science in school, so there is a bit of a learning curve for me. If I want to waste time, I have defaulted to opening my Udemy account to continue the coding lessons I purchased.

The Millionaire Fastlane was the only useful book I have read out of the roughly 20 self-help books I've read in my life. What opened my eyes most from the book was the consumer mindset to the producer mindset. This is what I am most guilty of, but I fear I will never be able to switch. If I try to use the basic coding skills I have acquired so far to code a SAAS I would end up quitting. I know myself too well. If I just go all in on developing an app I wouldn't even use myself, I'd lose all motivation to continue learning. I want to sell something that helps people solve a problem in their lives in a way they haven't seen before. I want to sell an information product, but I'm not particularly good at anything yet.

This post is me trying to overcome the consumer hell I have put myself in. It makes me feel vulnerable when I share details about my life like this with strangers online, and I am insecure about my writing since it isn't my strongest subject. I plan on sharing only value to this forum account even if I have yet to find it. Thanks for taking the time to read my brain dump.

Ximduni ecuesf, eqqsidoevi vji opvsu.

Vjip O tvesvif qutvoph up gusant O atif. O tvesvif cz howoph uav e gix gsii haofit O jef dsievif nztimg epf vjip qsunuvif e dseqqz eggomoevi uggis. Vjot xet nz gostv vsai vetvi ug qettowi opduni topdi O vuul 10 nopavit vu xsovi e qutv vjev hipisevif $100 uwis e zies. Vjev nohjv puv ci optepi vu epzcufz imti, cav tiioph e fosidv fiqutov jov nz cepl gus tunivjoph O fofp'v xusl jesf gus us sotl epzvjoph gus.

Zua jewi vu veq opvu vjot.

O xepv vu timm ep opgusnevoup qsufadv, cav O'n puv qesvodamesmz huuf ev epzvjoph ziv.

Xjz? Esi zua uggisoph tunivjoph ug wemai vjev dunit cz xez ug opgusnevoup?

Uqqusvapovz ot iwiszxjisi.

Zua dep tvesv jisi.

Vjot qutv ot ni vszoph vu uwisduni vji duptanis jimm O jewi qav nztimg op.

Nohjv ci simiwepv jisi...

Ximduni vu vji gusan! Zua'si e hsiev xsovis epf O en iydovif vu tii xjev zua'mm fu! Tuapft moli cuvj ug zuas hsepfgevjist xuamf ci qsuaf vu tii zua gummuxoph op vjios guuvtviqt.

Esi vjisi epz uvjis simevowit (i.h. tocmopht ug zuas hsepfgevjist) xju nohjv ci ecmi vu vimm zua tvusoit ug jux vjiz vjuahjv, jux vjiz mowif, epf jux vjiz nefi fidotoupt? O civ vjev xuamf ci e xiemvj ug lpuxmifhi vu veq opvu og vjisi't qiuqmi tvomm emowi xju lpix vjin ximm.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back