The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It Ain't Over Till It's Over

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Been reading a lot of "woe is me" around here lately. People feeling stuck. People feeling trapped.

So I don't know who needs this reminder today...

Today isn't the end.

Wherever you're trying to get to, or whatever goal you have, getting there is not the end either.

Failing is not the end. Life has more for you.

Success is not the end. Life has more to throw at you.

Whether you fail or succeed, you're going to find that there is still more to learn, there's still more to do, there's still more adaptation required of you. There will be more failure and success coming your way.

Keep learning the lessons life has for you.

You're not "too young" or "too old" or "too smart" or "too dumb" or "too poor" or "too introverted" or "too ugly" or "too tired" to keep going.

These are just excuses we tell ourselves so we can give ourselves permission to stop

In this Fastlane Fam, we got a dude with Lyme disease who made a million in a year. We got a one legged a$$ kicker who beat a coma. We got cancer survivors, addiction survivors, depression survivors, domestic abuse survivors, actual battle survivors.

Listen, everyone on here struggles with something. What's your reasons for stopping again?

Ok, but stopping isn't the end either. It's just feels like an end, and that's your mind tricking you.

There is only 2 things you have to do to make your survival mean something:

To put it another way:

Get moving. Get better.

Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.

You think you're competing against everyone else? No. Your only competition is the weakness of your mind.

Life is a personal marathon fam. Your time is your time.

Just because somewhere someone got to some arbitrary bank account number faster than you doesn't make you a failure or a loser. Be happy for them, but it takes nothing away from you. It's got nothing to do with you.

The only losers in this race are quitters.

I don't care if you are living in prison or just imprisoned in your mind, if you are reading this, your race ain't done.

I'll close with my favourite quote in Shawshank Redemption.

"It comes down to a simple choice really...

Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Hope this helps someone gain an improved perspective today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Dad! :love:

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
Been reading a lot of "woe is me" around here lately. People feeling stuck. People feeling trapped.

Today isn't the end.

Wherever you're trying to get to, or whatever goal you have, getting there is not the end either.

Whether you fail or succeed, you're going to find that there is still more to learn, there's still more to do, there's still more adaptation required of you. There will be more failure and success coming your way.

You're not "too young" or "too old" or "too smart" or "too dumb" or "too poor" or "too introverted" or "too ugly" or "too tired" to keep going.

These are just excuses we tell ourselves so we can give ourselves permission to stop

In this Fastlane Fam, we got a dude with Lyme disease who made a million in a year. We got a one legged a$$ kicker who beat a coma. We got cancer survivors, addiction survivors, depression survivors, domestic abuse survivors, actual battle survivors.

Listen, everyone on here struggles with something. What's your reasons for stopping again?

Ok, but stopping isn't the end either. It's just feels like an end, and that's your mind tricking you.

To put it another way:

Get moving. Get better.

You think you're competing against everyone else? No. Your only competition is the weakness of your mind.

Just because somewhere someone got to some arbitrary bank account number faster than you doesn't make you a failure or a loser. Be happy for them, but it takes nothing away from you. It's got nothing to do with you.

I don't care if you are living in prison or just imprisoned in your mind, if you are reading this, your race ain't done.

What would you say are concrete steps to get out of feeling "trapped" and get "busy living"?

My answer would be to get healthy first (both physically and mentally). Make sure you're not vitamin D deficient/healthy eating/working out/cut out toxic people and environments/etc.., because I find decision making skills are usually compromised when people are not in a good place and just end up digging themselves deeper into a hole.

Getting angry about your situation is another one I hear a lot, but I find it's more of a motivation boost that only works if you're in the right place mentally to make good decisions.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA

Today isn't the end.

To put it another way:

Get moving. Get better.

Well said! It's ok to rest guys ... but it's not ok to quit.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
giphy.gif

Thank you friend— I needed to read this!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Today isn't the end.

To put it another way:

Get moving. Get better.

Thanks for your pep talk. I totally agree.

The people who concern me here are not the couch potatoes, the whiners, or momma's-little-darlings... They'll just continue on no matter what is going down. I am concerned about supporting those who are really trying and making headway. And then there's the moment when they "arrive" and that goal is crossed off the to-do list.

As he said,

"Success is not the end. Life has more to throw at you."

I was listening to a book this week that pointed out that the kids who commit suicide are not the low achievers or the stupid ones -- it's the brightest ones who are on top. They learn how to play the game very well and then they lose the meaning. What should they do next?

I think that the biggest lesson in the journey to success is to keep one's inner life going and create meaning beyond the daily grind. Money doesn't fill that hole. Neither do piles of possessions or trophy mates. As the parable goes, one can gain the world and lose one's soul. It's all about the journey rather than the finish line.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
You need to have a strong WHY and purpose for doing what you're doing. Without that, it's too easy to quit.

You also gotta stay in the game long enough to "get lucky" (aka taking advantage of opportunity).

@MTF 's avatar always comes to mind.

Providence

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Oct 21, 2020
Zambia

Today isn't the end.

To put it another way:

Get moving. Get better.

Keep Going. Keep Growing.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Thanks for your pep talk. I totally agree.

The people who concern me here are not the couch potatoes, the whiners, or momma's-little-darlings... They'll just continue on no matter what is going down. I am concerned about supporting those who are really trying and making headway. And then there's the moment when they "arrive" and that goal is crossed off the to-do list.

As he said,

"Success is not the end. Life has more to throw at you."

I was listening to a book this week that pointed out that the kids who commit suicide are not the low achievers or the stupid ones -- it's the brightest ones who are on top. They learn how to play the game very well and then they lose the meaning. What should they do next?

I think that the biggest lesson in the journey to success is to keep one's inner life going and create meaning beyond the daily grind. Money doesn't fill that hole. Neither do piles of possessions or trophy mates. As the parable goes, one can gain the world and lose one's soul. It's all about the journey rather than the finish line.
I'm always glad to see your comments on one of my threads. You are one of my favourite posters here.

Personally, the daily grind grind is what I live for. My work is my hobby. I'm not passionate about search engine marketing per se, but I am passionate about helping my clients grow their business so they can hire more people, helping their families grow their wealth so their kids can be raised educated, etc. That's how I make the world a better place.

The journey is the purpose.

giphy.gif

Thank you friend— I needed to read this!

I'm glad. Keep your head up Bel.

Mesmerizing voice. This video will hypnotize you to success. Lol.

What would you say are concrete steps to get out of feeling "trapped" and get "busy living"?

My answer would be to get healthy first (both physically and mentally). Make sure you're not vitamin D deficient/healthy eating/working out/cut out toxic people and environments/etc.., because I find decision making skills are usually compromised when people are not in a good place and just end up digging themselves deeper into a hole.

Getting angry about your situation is another one I hear a lot, but I find it's more of a motivation boost that only works if you're in the right place mentally to make good decisions.

I would say first, change your mindset. Being healthy can help with that. Maybe getting angry will help with that. But I think changing your mindset about your current situation is the first step. And that's why I wrote this post.

How to do that?

The answer is as individual as the person reading this. It depends on what your limiting beliefs are. It depends on what the things your mind is telling you that are holding you back.

So I don't have a one size fits all answer. But if I have time, I have at least one more rant brewing in my head about it and I'll try to share that later...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I'm always glad to see your comments on one of my threads. You are one of my favourite posters here.

Personally, the daily grind grind is what I live for. My work is my hobby. I'm not passionate about search engine marketing per se, but I am passionate about helping my clients grow their business so they can hire more people, helping their families grow their wealth so their kids can be raised educated, etc. That's how I make the world a better place.

The journey is the purpose.

I'm glad. Keep your head up Bel.

Mesmerizing voice. This video will hypnotize you to success. Lol.

I would say first, change your mindset. Being healthy can help with that. Maybe getting angry will help with that. But I think changing your mindset about your current situation is the first step. And that's why I wrote this post.
I agree. It's all about the purpose. I'm sure not wild about property management. BUT, I am passionate about helping people and providing affordable housing for them and their kids.

I had an offer on one of my properties last week. It didn't work out. What I did learn from that offer is that my $4$ ROI is better than anything else out there where I could place the cash. I get to help people every day and have a great return on my money. What could be better? No, it's not scalable, but it is a productocracy.

Lusungu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 29, 2019

Today isn't the end.

To put it another way:

Get moving. Get better.

Thanks @BizyDad i honestly needed this

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Today isn't the end.

To put it another way:

Get moving. Get better.

Today when I was playing tennis, a kid lost and went to his dad and said “I lost!” His dad said “It’s okay, failure is just the sweat from success.” Then his kid asked, “then what’s the opposite of success?” The father said “Never trying is the opposite of success”

It completely changed my perspective on failure and not trying. That dad was absolutely right. God bless him and his kid, he’s a good parent.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
2 words: F*** yeah

I make slow progress in business but each morning I wake up with the idea of questionning myself and doing better

And it work I earn a little more each month, feel less anxious, gaining authority over network and friends

Truly entreprenneurship is my way to go, and I think it is also excellent for one's view of things

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Today when I was playing tennis, a kid lost and went to his dad and said “I lost!” His dad said “It’s okay, failure is just the sweat from success.” Then his kid asked, “then what’s the opposite of success?” The father said “Never trying is the opposite of success”

It completely changed my perspective on failure and not trying. That dad was absolutely right. God bless him and his kid, he’s a good parent.
If you don't try, you have a 100% chance of failing.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Problem is people overthink this 24/7. I used to as well.

"Halp, I'm stuck!"
"PLZ HELP I R STERK!"
"Please help, I'm not Elon Musk."

Every single question you have will be answered once you start living life. It is really that easy. I'll prove it.

* Don't have friends? Cool. Find a hobby or several hobbies. You'll meet people naturally.
This worked for me. I got into mountain biking, photography, and started studying Muay Thai/Boxing again. Shit, I met this random couple when I went to Six Flags alone, and the dude asked me for my number after a few minutes of talking. According to his girlfriend, it was "meet cute." LOL.

* Don't have a business idea? Cool. Go out and adventure in the world. You will find 100,000,000 solvable and scalable problems that you probably ignore every day. Almost all of these problems can be turned into their own business, and/or a group of businesses.
While I cannot give you the specific ideas/niches (read: I won't), this works for me on a daily basis.

* Are you depressed because you're a man, but you have bigger breasts than your mum? Cool. Stop eating shit, or at least start limiting how much of it you eat, and take daily ~30min walks. That's all you have to do to get started, especially if you're obese.

I followed these exact steps from Feb. 2021 to August 2022 and lost 120lbs. I'm now in the gym and most of my depression has vanished.

* Do you feel like a loser that will never get laid, or do you struggle with basic communication? Cool. Start practicing your social interactions on any level. ANY LEVEL. No, seriously. Do you have a dog? Cool, go to a dog park, and practice simply saying, "Hello, how are you today?" to people. I promise only 1/10 will actually tell you to F*ck off. If you don't have a dog, that's cool too. Say hi to people on one of your walks. Go to a park and say hi to people (preferably not kids though, LOL).
Personally, I've always had confidence, but I struggled with conversation with "potential friends," especially people I didn't have much in common with.

You get the idea. Point is stop sitting behind a computer screen, fantasizing about what could be, and instead, get out there and forge your own path.

Cheers.

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana

Today isn't the end.

To put it another way:

Get moving. Get better.

Let me add to your amazing piece.

"Focus"

Make a contract without yourself you will focus on one business, mastering one skill, OR one goal for the next 6 months and go all in. Spend at least 2 hours on it a day.

Remember to not to do unnecessary sh*t.
Take action on things that will move the needle the most. Prioritize. If you could only work than goal for 2 hours a week? What is the most important thing you need to accomplish? And do that task now. Keep asking yourself daily.

In context of business...Don't waste time building a logo and website... a basic one will do at first. VALIDATE. GET EVIDENCE IT WORKS. Get your first sale. Do everything it takes to get that first sale.

All the best.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Let me add to your amazing piece.

"Focus"

Make a contract without yourself you will focus on one business, mastering one skill, OR one goal for the next 6 months and go all in. Spend at least 2 hours on it a day.

Take action on things that will move the needle the most. Prioritize. If you could only work than goal for 2 hours a week? What is the most important thing you need to accomplish? And do that task now. Keep asking yourself daily.

In context of business...Don't waste time building a logo and website... a basic one will do at first. VALIDATE. GET EVIDENCE IT WORKS. Get your first sale. Do everything it takes to get that first sale.

All the best.

First off, thanks for the compliment. I would like tor respond to your points a bit.

"Focus"

2 hours a day is how you define "go all in"?

I think you can do better.

All the best.

Yes, this is generally good thinking for a beginner. But this forum has more people than new starters on it.

And some ideas and industries require a polished website.

I just want to point that out for those who are starting such a business.

Hire people for that...

Make a contract without yourself you will focus on one business

Whoops. I really dropped the ball on this advice. :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump, upgraded to GOLD.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Bump, upgraded to GOLD.

This is a ray of sunshine that I've been really needing lately. Thanks @BizyDad (@WJK and @Oso you also made me smile).

I so needed this today. Thank you

This hit.

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.