The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Its time

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Its time for me to introduce myself around here, as I plan to stay here for a while.

In advance I would like to say that English in not my native language so keep that in mind.

My name is Domagoj (Its a Croatian name), I am an 18 yo from Virovitica, Croatia. That's here:
Capture.png

Its a place with 20k people and most of them, excuse my expression, are miserable little f**ks who finished high school or some miserable college and got a "job" for around 800$/Mo. And now all they do is complain how there are no jobs and that the country is corrupted(not that it isn't, but who gives a fu*ck) but instead of doing something about it they just watch TV or get wasted in the local pub every day.

That's the reality of Croatia, if you ever wanted to visit. I'm not saying that there are no nice places to visit but the people here are just so narrow minded and lazy.

"Woah there little kid, why are you so mad, calm down a bit"

I'm not mad, but when everyday, no matter where you are, in school listening to teachers, getting a drink, watching tv, reading newspapers, the only thing that is talked about how "everyone is a victim of the system" and how "everyone who is rich, got rich by doing some illegal actions" and how "rich should pay more taxes" and sh*t, it gets quite annoying and into your head, not to mention, everyone in my school stressing so much over their grades so that they can get a "good" job and live for 40 years working in some dead end job so that they can retire and do nothing with their 500$ pensions.

I used to think like that as well, county is corrupt, we need to live our miserable lives and cant do nothing about it. Deal with it. Thank dear god that I got out.

I come from a family of the people that i just talked about, but slightly different. My mother works in a bank and is a consultant for the public or whatever, I am no really sure, and my father works in our accounting firm that they started after his firm went bankrupt. They earn about 3000$ a month and we live pretty decently compared to others but for half a year they work for 70 hours a week because they need to do some reports and taxes or something like that that takes a lot of time.

Seeing them made me realise even more that that is not what I want for myself, there is so much more to see, live and experience in life, after all, you only get one and its ending one second at a time.

So, why am I here and what do I want?

In the summer of 2014 I got a job on a stand near the beach selling popcorn and corn. I worked there for 30 days straight, no weekends off, from 8am to 8pm. It was a turning point for me, sitting there for 12 hours(note that most of the time there was no one there, so i was just sitting there doing absolutely nothing) I had a lot of time to think. To see that I don't want this or any other form of this. No "job" benefiting someone else while wasting my time that could be invested in myself.

I was supposed to be on that job for the whole summer, but after cca 25 days i was like fu*k it, I'm out by the end of the month. Got my 500$ (for the whole month, that's around 5$ an hour), drove home for like 12 hours by the buss, which gave me a bit more time to think, and got to work.

So what did I do with all that "drive" that sparked in me. Well, I started learning how to code and a lot of other things related to IT in general. Throughout my whole life I was always the one my father or anyone else of my friends called if they had an IT related problem.

I also started going to the gym, and have been since 1st of August 2015. It changed my life. I used to be a skinny little stick at 6.2 and 158 pounds. Now, however, I am still 6.2 but weigh around 225 pounds. It took a lot of learning and dedication of going every day of the week and not giving up. And It made my life so much better by improving my confidence and overall happiness in life.

(If any of you have any problems with weight or want to lose or gain weight, feel free to PM me, I will gladly help you out)

That "victory" in life, enabled me to ask my self, "if I can do this, what else can I do and conquer in life?".

So, four six months ago I started my own web design company. DotComSolutions (A bit cliché I know, but at the time it sounded good.) Its not the name that sells, but the value you bring, so I just stickled with it.

My friend from class was doing some freelancing over instagram, so I hopped on instagram as well and started hitting people up. I thing I sent over 100 DMs on instagram and got a couple of responses but no jobs except one. A guy named PrivadoBYSG wrote "I'm interested, send my some of your work" and so I sent him my s*itty website and one made for my friend. By some miracle he agreed to get his website made by me for 100$. Heck yeah, my first job. The rush was amazing.

After I did his website he sent me 2 more people to do their website, so I did. He also sent me a guy by the name of Quiness Parker (if some of you are from Atlanta, you might know him as a famous singer there), I got in contact with his manager and I got 4 more websites to create, for around 300$ each. All in all I earned around 2k and have 100$ income for maintaining their websites. Not much but you gotta start somewhere.

It was a lot of work for me at the time combining school and the gym with that. So i made a decision, no more distractions. Deleted every single game on my PC, unhallowed every friend on Facebook(so that I only have web design groups on there) Blocked 9gag with a script that I buried somewhere on my pc, quit watching TV, cut all the useless crap from my life that is not bringing me closer to my goal. If I am not in the gym, school, eating or sleeping I am learning or working.

I gotta say, school really ruins reading for people. In the past, whenever I would hear someone say "you need to read to improve your life" I was like no, its boring and no. But then when I picked up some books that were not some fictional story that I would have to drag myself trough, I saw how much you can learn from them and how much value they can bring.

Alongside reading books I was also reading a lot of articles about web design and saw that I was being underpaid big time, I saw that people charged 15k for a single website. Thats more than some people earn in 10 years over here. I was blown away. So i kept reading and learning and somehow I stumbled on here and found A LOT of info that I can use to find new customers as well as improve my business and mindset. Picked up MJ's book and here we are now.

Working towards becoming a millionaire. My goal now is to get this web design thing up and running and land my first 2k client and position myself in that price range so that I can finance my other projects.

Here is what stands In my evernote:

5 000 000,00$
30th Birthday

1 000 000,00$
25th Birthday

Earn 10 000 by 1.5.2017

Every day before I go to sleep I ask myself "am I closer to that million, then yesterday?" If not I know I need to cut the sh*t and get back to work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
the bay of cotor is THE place in croatia right now.
maybe if you could go down there and help those businesses with their websites.
lots of english speaking tourists go there now and if a business would have a strong website etc it would attract more costumers.
hope this helps.

for example: find a touristy business there with a trashy website. cold call them and say that you will make it better for them and more people will see it, and their ROI will be phenomenal. then close the contract. make the site great and go on from there. if you do that for one company , word of mouth will spread and you will soon start accepting more phonecalls than you think of.

something i read few months ago:
people that go to booking.com then at 80% of the cases start searching the web for that hotels website. if it is good they do the reservation.if not they dont.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
the bay of cotor is THE place in croatia right now.
maybe if you could go down there and help those businesses with their websites.
lots of english speaking tourists go there now and if a business would have a strong website etc it would attract more costumers.
hope this helps.

for example: find a touristy business there with a trashy website. cold call them and say that you will make it better for them and more people will see it, and their ROI will be phenomenal. then close the contract. make the site great and go on from there. if you do that for one company , word of mouth will spread and you will soon start accepting more phonecalls than you think of.

something i read few months ago:
people that go to booking.com then at 80% of the cases start searching the web for that hotels website. if it is good they do the reservation.if not they dont.
Thank you for this, I dont know how I didnt think of this.

I was so focused on US that I didnt even consider that I could do the same thing here.

How would you approach pricing, I know that they will have a hard time paying 2k for just a website, maybe lower it a bit? To like 700$

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
thanks for the rep.
you must adjust your pricing but you will break even because of the number of contracts you can get.
what is the normal rate for a site in croatia? it would be very simple for you because you can find great touristy templates in the internet to play with. also facebook and social media in general is a must.
something i read once is: one post every 7-10 days from a hotel, one every four posts about the hotel itself. and lots of not overly photoshopped pictures.
try to add value to them that they do not have.
i imagine that some genius found them, made their site and abbandoned them. dont do that. call them after the contract and help again. they will follow you to eternity.

watch this video:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/i-recorded-my-cold-calls-heres-the-video.69776/
and later ask that forum member for advise. i think he does exactly what i tell you to do. pm him and find out.
also for web ads @Andy Black is your guy. ask him also for ideas.

i am in a b&m business.i can not put a lot of value to your niche.

as Andy says in one of his threads it is better to show them what will happen if they follow you, dont only tell them.
Andy if you read this please put the link of that thread here, so he can read it. thanks.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
thanks for the rep.
you must adjust your pricing but you will break even because of the number of contracts you can get.
what is the normal rate for a site in croatia? it would be very simple for you because you can find great touristy templates in the internet to play with. also facebook and social media in general is a must.
something i read once is: one post every 7-10 days from a hotel, one every four posts about the hotel itself. and lots of not overly photoshopped pictures.
try to add value to them that they do not have.
i imagine that some genius found them, made their site and abbandoned them. dont do that. call them after the contract and help again. they will follow you to eternity.

watch this video:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/i-recorded-my-cold-calls-heres-the-video.69776/
and later ask that forum member for advise. i think he does exactly what i tell you to do. pm him and find out.
also for web ads @Andy Black is your guy. ask him also for ideas.

i am in a b&m business.i can not put a lot of value to your niche.

as Andy says in one of his threads it is better to show them what will happen if they follow you, dont only tell them.
Andy if you read this please put the link of that thread here, so he can read it. thanks.

Thanks for the shoutout @kkompoti

I think you were referring to this thread:

@Domagoj Vukovic, here's some other threads that might help:

Plus the two radio interviews, and AdWords stuff linked to in my signature...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If you got the skills the quickest way to get those bigger sales is target the US and/or Canada. Look for someone (maybe on here) that can do sales for you and cut them a slice of the pie. Northern America is the best place for bigger ticket websites but you will need a local guy to meet clients in person and be the "face" of the company.

I started the year off on $100-300 websites and am between $4-15 a project at the moment. Best of luck man and good intro post.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you got the skills the quickest way to get those bigger sales is target the US and/or Canada. Look for someone (maybe on here) that can do sales for you and cut them a slice of the pie. Northern America is the best place for bigger ticket websites but you will need a local guy to meet clients in person and be the "face" of the company.

I started the year off on $100-300 websites and am between $4-15 a project at the moment. Best of luck man and good intro post.
Check out @Fox's Gold thread on this.

(@Fox... might be worth linking to it in your signature or something. Then we can all just tell people to read the Fox's signature?)

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Great intro! Everyone pretty much covered the key things I was going to. Definitely read Fox's thread, read anything Andy puts out.

Remember, your prices are a reflection of your value. Don't undervalue yourself. Get a few good portfolio pieces then start going big. Good luck!

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Thank you for all of this.

I will look into partnering with someone, thank for the tip and the thread about starting all of it, it really made me move and look at it differently.

Great intro! Everyone pretty much covered the key things I was going to. Definitely read Fox's thread, read anything Andy puts out.

Remember, your prices are a reflection of your value. Don't undervalue yourself. Get a few good portfolio pieces then start going big. Good luck!
Thanks, that is my goal for now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...