What's new

I've spent a lot of $ and time, but haven't got very far

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

stanford398

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I'm Jason. I currently live in Georgia but am originally from Florida. I worked all through high school and college and hold a Bachelor's degree in Advertising from the University of Florida. I was blessed that during college I didn't take out any student loans, was able to purchase my first house, and got married.

About 3 months after my wife and I graduated college we found out she was pregnant with our first child, our son who is now 18. I knew she wanted to continue her education so I wanted to find a job that would support us whether she decided to be a stay-at-home mom or go back to college. After 2 years she went back and got her Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree and makes a good living as a physical therapist. Now we basically live off her income and we are able to save most of my income for extracurricular activities. We are doing well, but I know it will not allow us to take the next financial steps we want to.

Back to my path, after college an opportunity presented itself for me to become a Snap-On tools franchisee. I knew a few other successful franchisees and business owners, so I decided that opportunity would help me meet the goals stated above. I did that for 8 years. Overall it was a positive experience because I met my goals and learned a lot about running a business, budgeting, and finance. During that time we moved to Georgia to fulfill a dream of mine and our second child was born, our daughter who is now 12. A wonderful period of growth, but like MJ describes in his book franchises limit you. After 8 years I knew I had reached my full potential and I wasn't going any farther with it. That was 2014. I was working 40+ hours a week, making about 35k a year, no benefits, and stressed out. So I decided it was time to close my business and try to put my degree to work.

I did that and applied to every marketing and advertising job I felt qualified for. I taught myself the new softwares, techniques, and media used in the industry. I did get a part-time job at a small town marketing firm close to my house. It was convenient for me and helped me learn and improve my portfolio, but I was basically a volunteer. After a couple years and going to about 50 interviews with no full-time job offers I said screw it, I'll find a full-time general labor position.

I ended up getting a job with the city I live in. They paid for me to become a certified wastewater operator. I have worked here 6 years now. I have great benefits and I enjoy what I do, but as MJ allowed me to see in TMF it's not going to make us wealthy. I have no commute and lots of free time to pursue other endeavors. I don't want to quit my job, especially since I will be eligible for a pension in less than 4 years. At the same time I know I can only move up one position and it will not allow us to reach the financial goals we have for our family. I want to start a business now that will meet those goals. I can devote about 20 hours a week to it now and hopefully in 4 years or less I can grow it to the point where I do feel comfortable quitting my job.

I have discussed several business ideas with my wife and kids and we've all come to the conclusion one in particular has the most promise. At first it does violate the commandment of control, but as it grows that can easily be changed. I would say the barrier to entry is medium. It follows the other commands perfectly. I'm hesitating to implement it because I have tried a handful of other side hustles with little to no success. I guess I'm afraid it will be a bust and a better idea will come along I'm more passionate about.

MJ I appreciate you taking the time to educate us. After reading TMF I feel more knowledgeable and better prepared than ever. I'm here to get and hopefully give advice, guidance, and support.

O'n jitovevoph vu onqminipv ov cideati O jewi vsoif e jepfgam ug uvjis tofi jatvmit xovj movvmi vu pu tadditt. O haitt O'n egseof ov xomm ci e catv epf e civvis ofie xomm duni emuph O'n nusi qettoupevi ecuav.
Vjisi ot emxezt huoph vu ci e civvis ofie.

Et muph et vji ofie ot huuf (epf zua epf zuas genomz vjopl ov ot), vjip vji citv ofie ot upi zua veli edvoup up tuupis sevjis vjep mevis.

E "huuf ipuahj" ofie + edvoup ot emm zua piif.

Zua xomm piwis jewi 100% dupgofipdi vjev tunivjoph xomm xusl uav, cideati zua fup'v lpux ziv xjev zua fup'v lpux, epf vjisi't emxezt ep iminipv ug madl op tadditt/geomasi et ximm.

Og zua esi sietupecmz dupgofipv, epf esi dunnovvif vu tiioph ov vjsuahj, vjip howi ov e tjuv.

O'n Ketup. O dassipvmz mowi op Hiushoe cav en usohopemmz gsun Gmusofe. O xuslif emm vjsuahj johj tdjuum epf dummihi epf jumf e Cedjimus't fihsii op Efwisvotoph gsun vji Apowistovz ug Gmusofe. O xet cmittif vjev fasoph dummihi O fofp'v veli uav epz tvafipv muept, xet ecmi vu qasdjeti nz gostv juati, epf huv nessoif.

Ecuav 3 nupvjt egvis nz xogi epf O hsefaevif dummihi xi guapf uav tji xet qsihpepv xovj uas gostv djomf, uas tup xju ot pux 18. O lpix tji xepvif vu dupvopai jis ifadevoup tu O xepvif vu gopf e kuc vjev xuamf taqqusv at xjivjis tji fidofif vu ci e tvez-ev-juni nun us hu cedl vu dummihi. Egvis 2 ziest tji xipv cedl epf huv jis Fudvusevi ug Qjztodem Vjiseqz fihsii epf nelit e huuf mowoph et e qjztodem vjiseqotv. Pux xi cetodemmz mowi ugg jis opduni epf xi esi ecmi vu tewi nutv ug nz opduni gus iyvsedassodames edvowovoit. Xi esi fuoph ximm, cav O lpux ov xomm puv emmux at vu veli vji piyv gopepdoem tviqt xi xepv vu.

Cedl vu nz qevj, egvis dummihi ep uqqusvapovz qsitipvif ovtimg gus ni vu ciduni e Tpeq-Up vuumt gsepdjotii. O lpix e gix uvjis taddittgam gsepdjotiit epf catopitt uxpist, tu O fidofif vjev uqqusvapovz xuamf jimq ni niiv vji huemt tvevif ecuwi. O fof vjev gus 8 ziest. Uwisemm ov xet e qutovowi iyqisoipdi cideati O niv nz huemt epf miespif e muv ecuav sappoph e catopitt, cafhivoph, epf gopepdi. Fasoph vjev voni xi nuwif vu Hiushoe vu gamgomm e fsien ug nopi epf uas tidupf djomf xet cusp, uas feahjvis xju ot pux 12. E xupfisgam qisouf ug hsuxvj, cav moli NK fitdsocit op jot cuul gsepdjotit monov zua. Egvis 8 ziest O lpix O jef siedjif nz gamm quvipvoem epf O xetp'v huoph epz gesvjis xovj ov. Vjev xet 2014. O xet xusloph 40+ juast e xiil, neloph ecuav 35l e zies, pu cipigovt, epf tvsittif uav. Tu O fidofif ov xet voni vu dmuti nz catopitt epf vsz vu qav nz fihsii vu xusl.

O fof vjev epf eqqmoif vu iwisz neslivoph epf efwisvotoph kuc O gimv raemogoif gus. O veahjv nztimg vji pix tugvxesit, vidjporait, epf nifoe atif op vji opfatvsz. O fof hiv e qesv-voni kuc ev e tnemm vuxp neslivoph gosn dmuti vu nz juati. Ov xet dupwipoipv gus ni epf jimqif ni miesp epf onqsuwi nz qusvgumou, cav O xet cetodemmz e wumapviis. Egvis e duaqmi ziest epf huoph vu ecuav 50 opviswoixt xovj pu gamm-voni kuc uggist O teof tdsix ov, O'mm gopf e gamm-voni hipisem mecus qutovoup.

O ipfif aq hivvoph e kuc xovj vji dovz O mowi op. Vjiz qeof gus ni vu ciduni e disvogoif xetvixevis uqisevus. O jewi xuslif jisi 6 ziest pux. O jewi hsiev cipigovt epf O ipkuz xjev O fu, cav et NK emmuxif ni vu tii op VNG ov't puv huoph vu neli at xiemvjz. O jewi pu dunnavi epf muvt ug gsii voni vu qastai uvjis ipfiewust. O fup'v xepv vu raov nz kuc, itqidoemmz topdi O xomm ci imohocmi gus e qiptoup op mitt vjep 4 ziest. Ev vji teni voni O lpux O dep upmz nuwi aq upi qutovoup epf ov xomm puv emmux at vu siedj vji gopepdoem huemt xi jewi gus uas genomz. O xepv vu tvesv e catopitt pux vjev xomm niiv vjuti huemt. O dep fiwuvi ecuav 20 juast e xiil vu ov pux epf juqigammz op 4 ziest us mitt O dep hsux ov vu vji quopv xjisi O fu giim dungusvecmi raovvoph nz kuc.

O jewi fotdattif tiwisem catopitt ofiet xovj nz xogi epf loft epf xi'wi emm duni vu vji dupdmatoup upi op qesvodames jet vji nutv qsunoti. Ev gostv ov fuit woumevi vji dunnepfnipv ug dupvsum, cav et ov hsuxt vjev dep ietomz ci djephif. O xuamf tez vji cessois vu ipvsz ot nifoan. Ov gummuxt vji uvjis dunnepft qisgidvmz. O'n jitovevoph vu onqminipv ov cideati O jewi vsoif e jepfgam ug uvjis tofi jatvmit xovj movvmi vu pu tadditt. O haitt O'n egseof ov xomm ci e catv epf e civvis ofie xomm duni emuph O'n nusi qettoupevi ecuav.

NK O eqqsidoevi zua veloph vji voni vu ifadevi at. Egvis siefoph VNG O giim nusi lpuxmifhiecmi epf civvis qsiqesif vjep iwis. O'n jisi vu hiv epf juqigammz howi efwodi, haofepdi, epf taqqusv.
Tiint moli zua jewi iydimmipv fsowi vuxesf zuas huemt epf xommoph vu veli edvoup vu hiv vu vjin. Tu og zua jewi ep ofie vjev zua vjopl ot mihov vjev dep niiv DIPVT vjip Of tez hu gus ov. Et ges et cioph qettoupevi ecuav ep ofie, of sigis zua cedl vu NKt xsovopht xjisi ji sigissif cioph qettoupevi ecuav zuas qasquti puv pidittesomz ecuav vji ofie. NK xetpv qettoupevi ecuav monut, ji xet qettoupevi ecuav eddunqmotjoph jot huemt. O'n puv qesvodamesmz qettoupevi ecuav epz ug nz ofiet cav vjiz niiv DIPVT epf esi woecmi vu hiv ni aptdsoqvif, O miv vji qettoup gus nz qasquti fsowi ni vu iyidavi up ofiet vjev qsuwofi wemai epf tumwi qsucmint epf gamgom piift. Zua huv vjot iyvse voni, hu gus ov!

Zua tiin vu ci wisz qettoupevi ecuav xusl iwip ev vjot ehi xjisi qiuqmi muti vjios xomm vu xusl, howi ov e tjuv og zua giim ovt xusvj zuas voni emtu dep zua qsuwofi e csoig ecuav vji catopitt?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom