The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just an idea...

Idea threads

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Just an idea I had for some aspiring entrepreneurs on the forum.
Would a few of the guys be up for investing money into a mutual fund (Fast Lane Funding), then we could pick a few projects for guys looking for a bit of investment. Then if their business is returning a profit after X amount of time we get our money back we invested plus any profits goes back into the fund for future funding for our (future)forumers or even Meets for the forumers to share our business ideas, visions, make new friends etc.
Gives us a unique idea obviously more legal loop holes would have to be acquired at first but would hopefully would help fellow fastlaners in the not so distant future.
It may push a few of the guys on, plus with advice we offer would could help them out in more ways than one.

Ps. Im not wanting to take to do with the funds or anything its just an idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted21704

I like the idea of an alternative investment environment focused on real problems...not glamour, hype, or shiny apps.

It could be as simple as a collection of progress threads structured as a 'security' (i.e., a collection of responses on a thread) traded on an 'exchange' (i.e., that site's database). The more value your progress thread reflects, the higher your valuation goes, not unlike the REP bank on this forum for individual users. That way, investors are attracted through tangible progress.

AngelList and others are supposed to do this, but their idea of success is VC dollars & hype, both of which are nonsense metrics.

Only thing is...if you're executing and getting things done, do you really want investors?

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Well it would help with connections as in toward getting stuff from websites, designs, marketing, seo etc.
So instead of blowing it on fancy company's we can use our skills knowledge etc to help them progress their business with investment and advice therefore they return a profit before no time we all get paid back and then the excess money contributes as in 10/20% of year 1 profit ; towards more stuff for the forum plus it would be good for all of us to pitch in together and evolve a business to help someone would be rewarding for the forum as a community..

edit. this is sort of like SharkTank/Dragons Den but for the Forums benefit rather than an individual. I know MJ DeMarco doesnt need it but just would be interesting I think if we took a few projects on and gave a detailed view of how it was done would probably inspire a few forumers too with the "how do i" "I cant" issues..

Last edited:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Here's my quick take on this.

I've had people approach me to partner up. I've listened to the pitches. I've said no. Money is everywhere. I am still struggling to make it, but I'm not giving away my hard work for quick cash.

I bring this up to change perspective. For some $10k seems like a lot of money, to the seasoned it's peanuts.

Learn to constantly provide value and the money will flow. Ask for cash for equity and you'll be sorry tomorrow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.