The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just dropped out

Anything related to matters of the mind

Emperor7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 15, 2023
Hello guys, I am new here, 19yrs, I just dropped out of college just now, to focus on the business i am working on, I made $1500 last month, I am from Nigeria so you know it's a lot here, literally the average salary is $100 per month, I hate the corporate life, thinking of it makes me sick.
I dropped out today, I won't tell my parents till I make enough money, besides that I have bipolar disorder; college affects my mental health, I am not lazy in school work my GPA is 4.78 in a 5 GPA system, I am not just interested anymore.

I made a deal with my father that if I was able to make a steady 10million naira monthly that's $30,000 then I can leave college..lol that was before I read TMFL I had that in me, I was sick of my parents life doing the same F*cking thing every single day, sleep deprived, still broke, my mum still working at age 50, that's bullshit to me. My FTE was when my mum cried in the car because she was sick and tired of the trash life and the indebtedness we are in..
I read The Millionaire Fast lane I am currently reading Unscripted
So the question is, what's my plan?

Following a morning routine is great to break bad habits, and start your day right so this would be my plan...

1. Wake up, Then meditation ( Necessary because of my disorder..lol)
2. Work on business for 2hrs 30 mins
3. Gym 8-9
4. Midday reading or working
5. Gym 4-5
6. Work on business 6-9
7. Then sleep.

Prioritizing health should be the best for entrepreneurs because a sick man has one desire, a healthy man has many desires...

My next post here would be with me sending my progress, current goal is $60k before December 2023, love y'all; Stay safe. MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Hello guys, I am new here, 19yrs, I just dropped out of college just now, to focus on the business i am working on, I made $1500 last month, I am from Nigeria so you know it's a lot here, literally the average salary is $100 per month, I hate the corporate life, thinking of it makes me sick.
I dropped out today, I won't tell my parents till I make enough money, besides that I have bipolar disorder; college affects my mental health, I am not lazy in school work my GPA is 4.78 in a 5 GPA system, I am not just interested anymore.

I made a deal with my father that if I was able to make a steady 10million naira monthly that's $30,000 then I can leave college..lol that was before I read millionaire fast lane I had that in me, I was sick of my parents life doing the same F*cking thing every single day, sleep deprived, still broke, my mum still working at age 50, that's bullshit to me. My FTE was when my mum cried in the car because she was sick and tired of the trash life and the indebtedness we are in..

Following a morning routine is great to break bad habits, and start your day right so this would be my plan...

3. Gym 8-9
5. Gym 4-5
6. Work on business 6-9
7. Then sleep.

Prioritizing health should be the best for entrepreneurs because a sick man has one desire, a healthy man has many desires...

My next post here would be with me sending my progress, current goal is $60k before December 2023, love y'all; Stay safe.
Dude that's awesome. So happy for your progress. I'm also from Nigeria and have seen massive progress in my finances since reading the millionaire fastlane . I have also dropped out of school but haven't told my parents yet. Your story is really similar to mine.

Is your fastlane business online or brick and mortar?

How do you hide your ventures from your parents as my parents will literary disown me if they heard about it (they literally said that to me, lol)

What specific advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur in Nigeria?

• Banned

Emperor7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 15, 2023
Dude that's awesome. So happy for your progress. I'm also from Nigeria and have seen massive progress in my finances since reading the millionaire fastlane . I have also dropped out of school but haven't told my parents yet. Your story is really similar to mine.

Is your fastlane business online or brick and mortar?

How do you hide your ventures from your parents as my parents will literary disown me if they heard about it (they literally said that to me, lol)

What specific advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur in Nigeria?
Hey, so it's an online business.
Specific advice?
Okay..
My parents are aware of my earnings but i haven't told them about my dropping out yet because dropping out has like a "bad person" vibe to it, as I said I'll be going back home with the bag , I won't tell them till then.
The advice I'll give you is simple, every entrepreneur has a different advice to give but what kept me going is just one sentence I'll say here .

"People are lazy to actually put in the work in any venture, put in the work for them, charge huge amounts"
We are lucky bro because Nigeria is still a developing country, and it would be easier to make a mark in the market as you know there are a few enterprises in Nigeria compared to the 1st world countries so work on providing value to Nigerians, work on inventing something to actually solve a problem, let people pay without knowing because you actually delivered.

That's about the Nigeria aspect, lol.

Stay safe dude

Last edited:

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Hey, so it's an online business.
Specific advice?
Okay..
My parents are aware of my earnings but i haven't told them about my dropping out yet because dropping out has like a "bad person" vibe to it, as I said I'll be going back home with the bag , I won't tell them till then.
The advice I'll give you is simple, every entrepreneur has a different advice to give but what kept me going is just one sentence I'll say here .

"People are lazy to actually put in the work in any venture, put in the work for them, charge huge amounts"
We are lucky bro because Nigeria is still a developing country, and it would be easier to mark a mark in the market as you know there are a few enterprises in Nigeria compared to the 1st world countries so work on providing value to Nigerians, work on inventing something to actually solve a problem, let people pay without knowing because you actually delivered.

That's about the Nigeria aspect, lol.

Stay safe dude
Thank you man. That's really helpful.

Good luck!

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Hey man, how do deal with spending the money you earn around your parents? I am increasingly buying more stuff whether for myself or my business and my parents are getting very suspicious. I give them silly replies but I know it won't last for long.

How do you deal with this? Like I have something very expensive on order and I'm not even excited about the item but rather anxious of what I will be telling them.

Thanks.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey man, how do deal with spending the money you earn around your parents? I am increasingly buying more stuff whether for myself or my business and my parents are getting very suspicious. I give them silly replies but I know it won't last for long.

How do you deal with this? Like I have something very expensive on order and I'm not even excited about the item but rather anxious of what I will be telling them.

Thanks.
I'd ask myself why I care what they think. If you are underage, and they can take stuff away from you, fair enough.
Otherwise, I would just stop caring. Sure they could disown you but do you really want to sacrifice millions in the next decade for thousands in three decades ?

In either case, you should have a friendly conversation with them about what you're doing, tell them you're having fun with it and don't plan on leaving school for now. No healthy parent is going to be mad at their child for making money. They are most likely scared of you getting "caught up in a dream" and "wasting your chances" etc.

Alleviate their worries, don't talk about your big ambitions and focus on showing them that you're just a teenager with a hobby. Tell them white lies like "I will always prioritize my grades", "I won't be like these idiots dropping out of school" and "I won't disappoint you" etc.

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
I'd ask myself why I care what they think. If you are underage, and they can take stuff away from you, fair enough.
Otherwise, I would just stop caring. Sure they could disown you but do you really want to sacrifice millions in the next decade for thousands in three decades ?

In either case, you should have a friendly conversation with them about what you're doing, tell them you're having fun with it and don't plan on leaving school for now. No healthy parent is going to be mad at their child for making money. They are most likely scared of you getting "caught up in a dream" and "wasting your chances" etc.

Alleviate their worries, don't talk about your big ambitions and focus on showing them that you're just a teenager with a hobby. Tell them white lies like "I will always prioritize my grades", "I won't be like these idiots dropping out of school" and "I won't disappoint you" etc.
Once I tell them I'm making money, they'll straight up just take it away from me, all of it. I mean when I started I was so excited - "Oh man, I can't wait to tell my father this, he'll be so proud!" Nope, "Give me all your money! You are my child and all you own is mine!" lol. And they keep saying its temporary, a job is better. Go to school!

So my choice now is to get my own apartment, and since I'm leaving he will gladly collect my computer, phone and even my clothes, because their property is no longer valuable. So right now I'm in the process of getting independent before leaving permanently.

I've got my own phone now, my own PC on order, a few sets of clothes and a super small room I have rented just incase if it all goes bad anytime. Dang, now that I write this, I just realized how sad this is, lmao.

So what do you think I should? I'm still conflicted by my decisions.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Once I tell them I'm making money, they'll straight up just take it away from me, all of it. I mean when I started I was so excited - "Oh man, I can't wait to tell my father this, he'll be so proud!" Nope, "Give me all your money! You are my child and all you own is mine!" lol. And they keep saying its temporary, a job is better. Go to school!

So my choice now is to get my own apartment, and since I'm leaving he will gladly collect my computer, phone and even my clothes, because their property is no longer valuable. So right now I'm in the process of getting independent before leaving permanently.

I've got my own phone now, my own PC on order, a few sets of clothes and a super small room I have rented just incase if it all goes bad anytime. Dang, now that I write this, I just realized how sad this is, lmao.

Well since you clearly don't have healthy parents, throw the healthy child stuff out of the window.

Hide everything from them, gaslight them into believing things that serve you, manipulate them so they fight each other and leave you alone, catfish your dad and expose it to your mother...

All things you can do if you believe it will help you.
(I don't advise doing it or anything but those are options)
Also obviously get out of there. If you make enough money to buy expensive things then you have enough to get out. You might be able to get student loans and live off them.
You can contact child protection services (if they are a thing in your country) to get help.

If you have that small shitty room then great, go there. It's better than being homeless and imo, being homeless is better than living with abusive parents.

Btw, I'm sorry for your situation. I wish you the best and I believe you got this.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020

You know your father best. Is he concerned that you will spend it all on things you will be sorry for later, or is he genuinely not happy for you? It can be hard for parents, who have always believed they should save for your education so that someone can give you a good 9-5 job. They may think that you will be irresponsible with your money or time or education. On the other hand, if you have genuinely hateful parents, you should think about your escape plan.

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Thank you for your replies Subsonic and Happyheart.

What I'm most scared of is that I'll lose all of my loved ones. My siblings, cousins and friends I hang with. I would basically have to start my social life afresh and I cannot start to imagine that.

I'm very extroverted especially with my close friends and I know I'll be left alone for a long while - Hey don't hang out with him, he rebelled against his parents. Typical traditional values.

Joseph Enya

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2023

I made a deal with my father that if I was able to make a steady 10million naira monthly that's $30,000 then I can leave college..lol that was before I read TMFL I had that in me, I was sick of my parents life doing the same F*cking thing every single day, sleep deprived, still broke, my mum still working at age 50, that's bullshit to me. My FTE was when my mum cried in the car because she was sick and tired of the trash life and the indebtedness we are in..

3. Gym 8-9
5. Gym 4-5
6. Work on business 6-9
7. Then sleep.

My next post here would be with me sending my progress, current goal is $60k before December 2023, love y'all; Stay safe. MJ DeMarco
Hey Emmanuel!

I'm Joseph, a Nigerian too, I'll love to connect with you. I just came in to this forum.

Joseph Enya

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2023
Thank you for your replies Subsonic and Happyheart.

What I'm most scared of is that I'll lose all of my loved ones. My siblings, cousins and friends I hang with. I would basically have to start my social life afresh and I cannot start to imagine that.

I'm very extroverted especially with my close friends and I know I'll be left alone for a long while - Hey don't hang out with him, he rebelled against his parents. Typical traditional values.
Hey kalactose!

I'm a Nigerian and I can quite relate with your ordeal, while I wouldn't clearly support you dropping out because I think you did so after weighing all the options involved.

About moving out and considering your friends and all of that one thing I have found out especially in our Nigerian setting is you have to be a rebel at some points to stand out. You'll be called names and labeled with lots of different things but that shouldn't hold you back.

They're over 8 Billion people on the world and you'll definitely find more friends who understands and your thought patterns.

If you can finance your life outside your parents house, then leave, they will understand when they see the results.

Ayush6543

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 2, 2021

Dude I do the same

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...