The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just finished The Millionaire Fastlane, debating whether I should do what he did...

BPH1994

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 13, 2024
Namely, quitting my job and moving to where I want to live, then figuring out how to make my business work there.

I just turned 30 last month, and I moved back in with my parents about 5 or 6 years ago and haven't found the financial security to move out and stay out. I originally had a Sidewalk plan, but quickly realized I hated working long hours for other people with zero job security, which is why I left the job I was at and moved back with my parents.

I had tried and failed several ventures; spent 3 years trying to get my modeling/acting career going (I was signed, but later dropped because I didn't want to get vaxinated), dabbled with Facebook advertising for local businesses with funnels, dipped my toes into dropshipping before it also dissipated due to the virus shutting down distribution, and even tried to help businesses get free money through the ERC before the government shut down down too.

I work a full-time job that was originally my part-time safety job while I tried to figure all the aforementioned ventures out. I live in Delaware, only make about $46k gross, but I hate my boss and there's no upward mobility.

My latest venture, the one I plan to stick with, is an SMMA model where I target mortgage loan officers and seek to provide them appointments with qualified leads. I've taken action and launched the program twice, to little success, but I think that's largely in part to wanting to get something going rather than making sure it was built on a solid foundation.

My brother recently got let go from his job in NY, my sister basically disowned our family almost a year ago, and I'm living in suburban Delaware with my parents afraid of moving out and not being able to stay out again.

So that's my introduction, would love to see what you guys think about the viability of what I'm considering doing and whether I should do something drastic like MJ did - quit my job, take the leap, put myself under pressure, move somewhere like AZ or FL and make it work - or whether that's a bit romantic and more likely to land me homeless.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...