The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just joined the Fastlane

NeverLoseHope19

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 26, 2024
I've read "The Millionaire Fastlane " about 2 years ago. Back then i didn't think much about this book. Sure it was interesting lecture, but it was so different from what my family and parents taught me(both of them are doctors) that i looked at this book almost like a sci-fi movie.

Back then i imagined that i would finish highschool, go to university and then find a regular job at big company where my boss would pay me decent salary for working 8 hours a day, just like my parents did. From that time i've experience both 9-5 job(for a few months) and being a student at university. Because of these things along with my growth as a person i realised how wrong that way of thinking was. I realised that i don't want easy or simple life. I was the happiest when i struggled(learning new skills, going to the gym for 15 hours a week, you name it). The only way i felt happiness in my entire life was when i was working hard towards something both difficult and meaningful for me.

Right now I'm studying business and i hate it. What I'm doing right is as far from what i said about happiness as it gets. The courses are too easy to pass(studying takes me less than 10 hours/semester) and syllabus is designed to make ma employee(becoming one would mean facing the same problems as i face right now until the end of my life). My intention is not to complain about my current situation, only to explain why i am looking for different way of living my life.

I am ready to do whatever it takes to make better future for myself and my family. The only thing i don't have is experience and idea where to start, thats why i joined this forum. I won't limit my reaserch to lurking The Fastlane Forum threads. I'll read books, articles and talk to people to find what i can do to live my life the way i want to. I hope that this forum will help me find a way to better life and that, with experiance i will gain over time, someday i too will be able to help somebody here escape the rat race.

I hope someday i will help you guys as much as MJ DeMarco's book helped me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 25, 2024
I've read "The Millionaire Fastlane " about 2 years ago. Back then i didn't think much about this book. Sure it was interesting lecture, but it was so different from what my family and parents taught me(both of them are doctors) that i looked at this book almost like a sci-fi movie.

Back then i imagined that i would finish highschool, go to university and then find a regular job at big company where my boss would pay me decent salary for working 8 hours a day, just like my parents did. From that time i've experience both 9-5 job(for a few months) and being a student at university. Because of these things along with my growth as a person i realised how wrong that way of thinking was. I realised that i don't want easy or simple life. I was the happiest when i struggled(learning new skills, going to the gym for 15 hours a week, you name it). The only way i felt happiness in my entire life was when i was working hard towards something both difficult and meaningful for me.

Right now I'm studying business and i hate it. What I'm doing right is as far from what i said about happiness as it gets. The courses are too easy to pass(studying takes me less than 10 hours/semester) and syllabus is designed to make ma employee(becoming one would mean facing the same problems as i face right now until the end of my life). My intention is not to complain about my current situation, only to explain why i am looking for different way of living my life.

I am ready to do whatever it takes to make better future for myself and my family. The only thing i don't have is experience and idea where to start, thats why i joined this forum. I won't limit my reaserch to lurking The Fastlane Forum threads. I'll read books, articles and talk to people to find what i can do to live my life the way i want to. I hope that this forum will help me find a way to better life and that, with experiance i will gain over time, someday i too will be able to help somebody here escape the rat race.

Welcome to the forum!

JoshMountain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 27, 2024

Wish you the best on this journey. I'm right there with you!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome, what's the plan moving forward?

NeverLoseHope19

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 26, 2024
I appreciate your support guys. Even though it might seem like it's just a couple of "hi" messages, seeing people here actually replying to my post and wishing me well motivates me a lot. While motivation won't take me far it really does help me to work on building something of my own, before it becomes a habit.

As for my plan, I'm lucky enough to have a friend who also wants to start his own business. We decided to Dedicate this week to brainstorm ideas, find out what are our strengths and weaknesses and verify if our ideas are actually good or only seem that way in our heads. We have few ideas that we think might work that i wont bother you with, for now, since it's almost certain that we will come up with something better by the end of this week. The only thing we are sure of is that at the beginning we want to start two separate companies in two different industries to gain more knowledge for our future collaboration.

The deadline of the planning phase is 7 days from now(04.06.2024). I will post an update in this thread at the latest by then.

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 25, 2024
I appreciate your support guys. Even though it might seem like it's just a couple of "hi" messages, seeing people here actually replying to my post and wishing me well motivates me a lot. While motivation won't take me far it really does help me to work on building something of my own, before it becomes a habit.

As for my plan, I'm lucky enough to have a friend who also wants to start his own business. We decided to Dedicate this week to brainstorm ideas, find out what are our strengths and weaknesses and verify if our ideas are actually good or only seem that way in our heads. We have few ideas that we think might work that i wont bother you with, for now, since it's almost certain that we will come up with something better by the end of this week. The only thing we are sure of is that at the beginning we want to start two separate companies in two different industries to gain more knowledge for our future collaboration.

The deadline of the planning phase is 7 days from now(04.06.2024). I will post an update in this thread at the latest by then.
Can’t wait to hear the update in a few days. Good luck with the brainstorming!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...