What's new

Just read the MJ's Fastlane Millionaire and its a game changer to me.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Stewa

New Contributor
Hello Fastlaners!

I am a 30-year-old Kenyan male with a young family (2 months old child). In the last 2 years I would say I have been in a midlife crisis (which I think is early as its in my late 20s) wondering directions I need to take from now to ensure financial freedom. This has seen me search for relevant books and a week ago, I Came across the most impactful book- The Millionaire Fastlane. I just finished reading this book by MJ DeMarco. it has completely revolutionized my understanding of life, wealth and time. Before I read this book, I was stuck in the conventional lifestyle of trading time for money as a freelance news writers without a real vision of building generational wealth. I feel the scales have fallen off my eyes. I understand the power of creating value and leveraging it on a mass scale to reach financial freedom. As DeMarco says in the book I will read next, I want to “escape the rat race”.

At the beginning of last year I developed an interest in software development but I the issues is that come from a media background. I have completed a BSc in media studies and have zero tech experience. As a committed parent and someone who wants to make a difference,I believe that I am ready to venture outside my comfort zone. I want to get into tech field, focusing on app development to change my circumstances and perhaps contribute to social change in where I reside.

I tried searching for relevant information on programming and coding on platforms like Coursera and Udemy, but there's so much out there that I end up getting confused. Even if thes platforms offers a sea of information I think not everything is structured in a way that helps beginner like me. Sometimes, I feel that the sheer volume of options leads to analysis paralysis and this making it hard to even know where to start.

Given my edu background and the challenges I mentioned, I am looking for pointed advice on the best online courses or resources to take. Sometimes I often myself wondering if its ecommerce website, an app or what I need to focus on. I need something that can guide me from the ground up, especially given the information overload I have experienced. I know that this is a journey that will require a significant investment of time and energy. but am willing to make that commitment.

So if anyone can recommend online courses that range from the very basics of programming to more advanced topics like app development it would be a huge help. Especially if anyone has successfully navigated from a non-tech background to a career in tech, your advice would be invaluable. I am hoping in the next fear years I will come here will valuable insights on new fastlaner on how they can navigate in the tech world with little or no tech education background.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O xuamf sidunnipf tvesvoph xovj vji ipf.

Xjz fu zua xepv vu miesp qsuhsennoph?

Vu xjev ipf?

O tvesv xovj ep ofie epf xipv gsun vjisi.

O katv fofp'v tvesv vu miesp tunivjoph gus vji teli ug miespoph.

Miv zuas gavasi wotoup haofi zuas suefneq.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom