The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kickstarter for business growth

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

gfrye13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Apr 13, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Has anybody ever used or thought about using Kickstarter.com to fund a business. I have noticed that people have gotten some amazing funds for their ideas. Tell me what it is you think about the idea of kickstarter. I am seriously thinking about using kickstarter to get an idea going.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I applied to get funding for my health assessments and calculators translation to Hindi and Mandarin, they basically told me my give aways to the people that fund weren't cool enough.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I plan on trying it out and will be putting together a game plan within the next 2 weeks. Even though my product isn't the typical product found on Kickstarter, I think I found an angle that I could use that just might work. I'll keep everyone updated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piotrkrzyzek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 22, 2011
Glenview, IL
There was a story published today about Kickstarter which only confirmed my thoughts. It has it's pluses and minus, so make sure you get your math 100% correct or you'll end up with almost no salary money to work with!

The PA Report - The ugly side of Kickstarter: the risks in backing game dev campaigns are greater than you think

That said though, my wife and I are going to be putting up one project at the end of this month for our design series posters, only to cover printing and shipping costs (and light marketing costs). In a few months we're going to be bringing our first round of investing on for a larger high-end design community project through kickstarter.

Just like with everything, make sure you've got your bases covered. Getting investments through Kickstarter isn't cheap.

gfrye13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Apr 13, 2012
United Arab Emirates
There was a story published today about Kickstarter which only confirmed my thoughts. It has it's pluses and minus, so make sure you get your math 100% correct or you'll end up with almost no salary money to work with!

The PA Report - The ugly side of Kickstarter: the risks in backing game dev campaigns are greater than you think

That said though, my wife and I are going to be putting up one project at the end of this month for our design series posters, only to cover printing and shipping costs (and light marketing costs). In a few months we're going to be bringing our first round of investing on for a larger high-end design community project through kickstarter.

Just like with everything, make sure you've got your bases covered. Getting investments through Kickstarter isn't cheap.

Thanks can I follow your steps through kickstarter. It would be cool to actually see how somebody does it. I see people receiving insane amounts of funding for basic ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.