The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lately I've been in an efficient flow. How do I KEEP this flow going?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Christian Parker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 12, 2024
I remember when for months and months on end I just journaled hundreds of pages THINKING and PHILOSOPHIZING about life whilst letting life happen to me. It was the absolute worst period of my life. So much so it manifested into physical symptoms that got me freaking hospitalized. The most advanced level of escapism you could think of! lol

I've recently turned 18. For a few months I've continued this escapism but instead of bouncing between thinking & philosophizing and just full on consumer degenerate mode I went 100% on the latter. So, what did I do. I used up most of my saved up money from my business indulging like an absolute lunatic on all kinds of consumer things, didn't do anything productive.

Until I decided to stop this. I remembered that man, I'm 18 now, I am going to die one day and why the hell would I choose to not do everything in my power to live a life worth dying for? Throughout that painful journaling, I've discovered a few life-changing things. One of them being trusting my intuition and why to trust it. Not once has it failed me. I remember trying to reason EVERYTHING into an endless loop of why, the way I broke that is to stop questioning it so much and start doing as my intuition tells me to, for it has never failed me. (differentiating intuition from impulse/instinct)

I still have cravings, but remembering that I am going to die one day and what a shame it would be not to get the most out of this one life we have (as far as we're aware) whilst trusting my intuition keeps me going. I'm going to suffer either way. I am choosing what to suffer for.

So as you can tell I've spent quite a lot of time and energy developing my mindset around this but I'm sure some of you out here are more experienced than me and perhaps went through this x10!

How can I make sure I keep this going? What have you found really keeps you grounded?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Maybe you aren't a philosopher and are perhaps just ergophobic (afraid of working)

You already know enough, your failure comes from a lack of what we scientifically call "doing the F*cking work". (DTFW)

It's because you're 18 and the dream of "maybe I can have it all and not have to struggle through effort" hasn't been killed yet.

You need to give yourself a challenge of some sort. Give yourself a quantified goal that requires daily reps. Making X calls, doing X pushups. The thing you DON'T want to do is probably the thing you need to do. You'll be shocked how much your brain wants to fight against you just doing the damn work. It would rather sit on the couch and philosophize all day. And you'll be shocked at how good you feel when you just do the damn work.

I was, am, and will always be fighting against this. Just do the reps.

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 14, 2022
Maybe you aren't a philosopher and are perhaps just ergophobic (afraid of working)

You already know enough, your failure comes from a lack of what we scientifically call "doing the F*cking work". (DTFW)

It's because you're 18 and the dream of "maybe I can have it all and not have to struggle through effort" hasn't been killed yet.

You need to give yourself a challenge of some sort. Give yourself a quantified goal that requires daily reps. Making X calls, doing X pushups. The thing you DON'T want to do is probably the thing you need to do. You'll be shocked how much your brain wants to fight against you just doing the damn work. It would rather sit on the couch and philosophize all day. And you'll be shocked at how good you feel when you just do the damn work.

Always straight facts from Johnny.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Give yourself a quantified goal that requires daily reps. Making X calls, doing X pushups.
Good points, I second it.

Funnily enough, many years ago I spoke to a “coach” in his 50s who failed at life. At one point I was asking him about goals, and he said, I kid you not, that he used to set goals, but he never achieved them, so then he stopped setting them, and he felt much happier.

The dude was too broke to buy my $8K program at the time. Felt sorry for him. Almost gave him a free ticket. Don’t be that guy.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Man you gotta stop with these posts that hit me right in the soul.

You've got a monopoly on my bookmarks lol.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
You said you’ve been “in flow” but said nothing about this flow.

What have you been doing?

Staying in flow is simply making habits/routines that allow you to stick to getting things done.

Christian Parker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 12, 2024
You said you’ve been “in flow” but said nothing about this flow.

What have you been doing?

Staying in flow is simply making habits/routines that allow you to stick to getting things done.
Yep that is exactly what I meant. I could've done a way better job at writing this post looking back at it haha. I was extremely exhausted at the time I wrote this.

I have had routines before and an on-off work ethic, it's what allowed me to earn $14,000 total online up until now. However, each period of 'flowing' (routine and good habits whilst avoiding bad habits) was followed by a period of over-indulgence in modern day consumerism. An oscillation.

This time however I've been keeping up these habits and routines better than anytime before. I've been working on my business day-in day-out, my sleep routine is getting in check, I exercise more and I've done literally zero bad habits. Although I feel freaking amazing doing so, I have these strong urges and cravings to go about and waste time in comfort (feel-good now activities) coming out of the blue at random times, and I want to get better at resisting them.

My real question then is, from your experience, is there anything that really helps you to stay grounded and keep such flows going for longer?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Yep that is exactly what I meant. I could've done a way better job at writing this post looking back at it haha. I was extremely exhausted at the time I wrote this.

I have had routines before and an on-off work ethic, it's what allowed me to earn $14,000 total online up until now. However, each period of 'flowing' (routine and good habits whilst avoiding bad habits) was followed by a period of over-indulgence in modern day consumerism. An oscillation.

This time however I've been keeping up these habits and routines better than anytime before. I've been working on my business day-in day-out, my sleep routine is getting in check, I exercise more and I've done literally zero bad habits. Although I feel freaking amazing doing so, I have these strong urges and cravings to go about and waste time in comfort (feel-good now activities) coming out of the blue at random times, and I want to get better at resisting them.

My real question then is, from your experience, is there anything that really helps you to stay grounded and keep such flows going for longer?
You have to relax at some point, working 24/7 will drive you into the ground sooner or later.

Schedule some down time and enjoy it. It’ll probably help you work more effectively and consistently in the long run.

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 14, 2022

What's your business if you don't mind me asking?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
“You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems.” —Atomic Habits, chapter 1

Block time to do shit. Do shit during that time. Reps.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I remember when for months and months on end I just journaled hundreds of pages THINKING and PHILOSOPHIZING about life whilst letting life happen to me. It was the absolute worst period of my life. So much so it manifested into physical symptoms that got me freaking hospitalized. The most advanced level of escapism you could think of! lol

I've recently turned 18. For a few months I've continued this escapism but instead of bouncing between thinking & philosophizing and just full on consumer degenerate mode I went 100% on the latter. So, what did I do. I used up most of my saved up money from my business indulging like an absolute lunatic on all kinds of consumer things, didn't do anything productive.

Until I decided to stop this. I remembered that man, I'm 18 now, I am going to die one day and why the hell would I choose to not do everything in my power to live a life worth dying for? Throughout that painful journaling, I've discovered a few life-changing things. One of them being trusting my intuition and why to trust it. Not once has it failed me. I remember trying to reason EVERYTHING into an endless loop of why, the way I broke that is to stop questioning it so much and start doing as my intuition tells me to, for it has never failed me. (differentiating intuition from impulse/instinct)

I still have cravings, but remembering that I am going to die one day and what a shame it would be not to get the most out of this one life we have (as far as we're aware) whilst trusting my intuition keeps me going. I'm going to suffer either way. I am choosing what to suffer for.

So as you can tell I've spent quite a lot of time and energy developing my mindset around this but I'm sure some of you out here are more experienced than me and perhaps went through this x10!

How can I make sure I keep this going? What have you found really keeps you grounded?
Definitely not against reading and thinking, but you got to put them into action.

It’s similar to play computer games/chess.

You start with reading and gathering information and theories.

You play against real players.

You do post-game analysis.

Repeat the steps until you become stronger.

Even chatgpt needs to talk to real humans to get feedback.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.