The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launchvector

App88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 12, 2021
Hello everyone!

Has anyone heard of launchvector.com? Is the company legit.

Here is their business model:

They seek capital partners who can invest 100k or 200k to purchase an undervalued Shopify stores.
The company launchvector does all the work of acquisition + scaling and marketing on social media platforms post acquisition in lieu of 50% equity in the company.
Basically, capital partners will sacrifice 50% of equity even though they are paying the full capital to acquire the store. In return, they receive 100% passive income, the store gets managed, marketed and scaled aggressively by the company. Typically 4% to 8% monthly return on investment and 100% buy back guarantee (written in contract) if the initial investment isn't recovered within 24 months.
They claim their goal is to get as many as 100 capital investors and create big enough portfolio scale it for exit and eventually sell the entire portfolio for 10x - 20x multiple.

I would like to get some opinion/feedback about this. Has anyone heard of the company or any similar companies/model?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
It sounds like a scam.
Did you manage to start a successful Shopify store and want to sell it to these guys? Is that why you are interested?

App88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 12, 2021

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Yeah, this article smells like a cheap PR article. Those articles are usually paid for by the companies themselves and so that they can increase their online reputation.

IMHO you should stay away but you do you. I am not plugged in the Shopify ecosystem so maybe I am wrong.

don't forget to do you own due diligence, don't just rely on online review or PR articles. The best would be if you could talk to someone who has done this kind of things before.

App88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 12, 2021
Yeah, this article smells like a cheap PR article. Those articles are usually paid for by the companies themselves and so that they can increase their online reputation.

IMHO you should stay away but you do you. I am not plugged in the Shopify ecosystem so maybe I am wrong.

don't forget to do you own due diligence, don't just rely on online review or PR articles. The best would be if you could talk to someone who has done this kind of things before.
Totally agree with you!
I wanted to talk to someone who did this kind of acquisition that is the reason I posted here to see if anyone can relate to this.

App88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 12, 2021

Turns out there are more similar business models. Done for you e-commerce. Not sure if you any one here have experience with them

www.buildmybrand.co
www.saddlebrookecommerce.com

evestor

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2024
Do not waste your time with Launch Vector. It's a bunch of smoke an mirrors! All of their deliverables in their pitch decks are so vague. They just sent me a business they found for $300k. I found this EXACT business listed for $85k! What a scam. Also, has anyone noticed that as an investor you are putting up all the money, and immediately giving up 50% ownership of the company.

App88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 12, 2021
Do not waste your time with Launch Vector. It's a bunch of smoke an mirrors! All of their deliverables in their pitch decks are so vague. They just sent me a business they found for $300k. I found this EXACT business listed for $85k! What a scam. Also, has anyone noticed that as an investor you are putting up all the money, and immediately giving up 50% ownership of the company.
Facts!
They are scamming you even before you sign a contract.
So much scam in this space, almost as if every done for you e-commerce is a scam!

IWIN

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 19, 2024
Did you do any due diligence on any of their business offerings? Financials, bank statements, credit card processing, tax returns?

IWIN

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 19, 2024
Hello everyone!

They seek capital partners who can invest 100k or 200k to purchase an undervalued Shopify stores.
The company launchvector does all the work of acquisition + scaling and marketing on social media platforms post acquisition in lieu of 50% equity in the company.
Basically, capital partners will sacrifice 50% of equity even though they are paying the full capital to acquire the store. In return, they receive 100% passive income, the store gets managed, marketed and scaled aggressively by the company. Typically 4% to 8% monthly return on investment and 100% buy back guarantee (written in contract) if the initial investment isn't recovered within 24 months.
They claim their goal is to get as many as 100 capital investors and create big enough portfolio scale it for exit and eventually sell the entire portfolio for 10x - 20x multiple.

I would like to get some opinion/feedback about this. Has anyone heard of the company or any similar companies/model?
I am currently looking at this company. Did you do any due diligence on any of Thera business offerings?

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
I am currently looking at this company. Did you do any due diligence on any of Thera business offerings?
The question you need to ask yourself is are you ok with giving 50% of your future company to someone else and take all the risk? It makes no sense.

If it goes under, you are the one on the hook, they ll just move on to the next person.

There is literally zero incentive for launch vector to prioritize you since you are the one paying.

Think about it, when a deal is too good to be true it usually is. 100% passive income maybe but at what cost?

App88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 12, 2021
While I wanted to conduct due diligence, there was very little information about them anywhere.
The testimonials that they provide holds no value in my opinion as anyone can provide fake testimonials.
They don't allow you to talk to their current clients/customer due to "stringent privacy policy" - red flag in my opinion.
As far as reviewing financials, they don't provide those either, all they do is show Shopify portal, which is good information but can't relay on it completely and need tax returns or bank statements to validate and again they don't provide them - Another red flag
Since they acquire existing Shopify store and you are the "capital partner" - the store should be bought at the listed price by the seller. And, as one of the above post mention there was one store opportunity presented which the seller was selling for $85K and they listed it for $200K or $300K. That is dishonesty/scamming the capital partner. They are making money no matter what. Their 24 month refund also protects them as no where else are they going to get interest free 200k for 2 years.

IWIN

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 19, 2024
While I wanted to conduct due diligence, there was very little information about them anywhere.
The testimonials that they provide holds no value in my opinion as anyone can provide fake testimonials.
They don't allow you to talk to their current clients/customer due to "stringent privacy policy" - red flag in my opinion.
As far as reviewing financials, they don't provide those either, all they do is show Shopify portal, which is good information but can't relay on it completely and need tax returns or bank statements to validate and again they don't provide them - Another red flag
Since they acquire existing Shopify store and you are the "capital partner" - the store should be bought at the listed price by the seller. And, as one of the above post mention there was one store opportunity presented which the seller was selling for $85K and they listed it for $200K or $300K. That is dishonesty/scamming the capital partner. They are making money no matter what. Their 24 month refund also protects them as no where else are they going to get interest free 200k for 2 years.
Thank you! I haven’t gotten that far yet.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2024
Hello everyone!

Hello, I was talking to them also and I did some investigation on them. The Business address that is listed is an abandoned building. Now, maybe they moved but then update your website and documents. Also, When I asked for the name and owner of the person selling the Shopify Store ( thinking I am buying 1/2. You would think I should be able to get that information.) and they wouldn't give it to me it. I asked for information on their business. I told them that I wanted to see financials on their Business. I wanted to see proof they had their half of the money. Nope. I Went on to the website of the Store and the contact info address for what they were selling me was a restaurant.
Now, I know some of that can be explained and I am not saying they are a scam. But I am saying that It seems to good to be true. Too many things are off for me to hand over 300,000.00. I couldn't find any reviews on then internet. No one that says that they do business with them. That also seems a little fishy. I do know that it is a real LLC that is listed in Wyoming in an abandoned building. that is not enough for me to take my savings and give it to some Random person

App88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 12, 2021
Hello, I was talking to them also and I did some investigation on them. The Business address that is listed is an abandoned building. Now, maybe they moved but then update your website and documents. Also, When I asked for the name and owner of the person selling the Shopify Store ( thinking I am buying 1/2. You would think I should be able to get that information.) and they wouldn't give it to me it. I asked for information on their business. I told them that I wanted to see financials on their Business. I wanted to see proof they had their half of the money. Nope. I Went on to the website of the Store and the contact info address for what they were selling me was a restaurant.
Now, I know some of that can be explained and I am not saying they are a scam. But I am saying that It seems to good to be true. Too many things are off for me to hand over 300,000.00. I couldn't find any reviews on then internet. No one that says that they do business with them. That also seems a little fishy. I do know that it is a real LLC that is listed in Wyoming in an abandoned building. that is not enough for me to take my savings and give it to some Random person
Exactly!

Plus if your operations are legitimate why isn't there any transparency?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.