The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Law of Effection & Commandment of Need

Idea threads

sean02116

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 3, 2024
Hey everyone,

while re-reading MF, I thought of a simple equation that I think does a pretty good job of simplifying the law of effection's relation to wealth creation. Its Wealth = # of people effected x amount of effect on each person. I don't think I worded that in the best way, but you get the point.

The law of effection along with the commandment of need I think are the 2 most important things discussed in the MF, and they've helped me tremendously with the way I think about business and my business ideas. I know the other commandments and concepts mentioned are also valuable, but in my opinion those 2 are the most crucial. What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
I would say Control is the most important for the following reason:
C(E+N+T+S)

Control represents the final multiplier of the sum of the other 4. The reason being is that if you create a business that has perfect scores in Entry, Need, Time, and Scale but you only own 10% of the business, then you are only rewarded 10% of its final value.

Another way of looking at this theoretically perfect ENTS business is that if an external person or company can wipe it out due to a lack of control, then they can plug C = 0 into the above equation and all of the other scores don't matter.

Mathematically speaking, it's more complicated than this but I think Control still carries the most weight and by a large margin.

sean02116

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 3, 2024
I would say Control is the most important for the following reason:
C(E+N+T+S)

Control represents the final multiplier of the sum of the other 4. The reason being is that if you create a business that has perfect scores in Entry, Need, Time, and Scale but you only own 10% of the business, then you are only rewarded 10% of its final value.

Another way of looking at this theoretically perfect ENTS business is that if an external person or company can wipe it out due to a lack of control, then they can plug C = 0 into the above equation and all of the other scores don't matter.

Mathematically speaking, it's more complicated than this but I think Control still carries the most weight and by a large margin.
Interesting. You have a good point. I guess I just think Need because regardless if you're in control or not, the business will not be successful long term without fulfilling the commandment of need.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
Interesting. You have a good point. I guess I just think Need because regardless if you're in control or not, the business will not be successful long term without fulfilling the commandment of need.
I would say art has a Need score of 0 but has plenty of successful businesses around it. I think Control = 0 is the only one than can effectively wipe out the business. In reality, my equation is probably an oversimplification anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.