The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LinkedIn: Connect, Mastermind, Progress

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've just updated the opening post with everyone's URLs. If you connect with anyone then let them know you're from the forum, and also brainstorm with each other how you can improve your profiles, posts, and comments.

Backing up though...

What's your goals on LinkedIn?

I presume it would be to build relationships and your business.

Some questions to ask yourself:
  • Who do you most want to connect with?
  • Do you want to connect with peers so you can learn from each other?
  • Do you want to connect with people who might become clients?
  • Do you want to connect with the people your ideal clients follow and engage with?
  • Or maybe it's all of the above or something else?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I built a landing page for someone I found on Discord. I agreed to create it for him in exchange for a testimonial.
long story short, I got the testimonial from him but in the video, he showed the 'IMAGES' of the site I sent to him via drive while building it.
I'm quite reluctant to post it on LinkedIn and add it to the features tab there.
but I think something better than nothing.

here's the testimonial

what's your take @Andy Black
What makes you reluctant to post it?

I'm thinking of posting a thread next week asking if anyone wants me to do some keyword and competitor research for them. I'd post my findings to the thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Been using LinkedIn since 2018, post content almost daily since 2021 and has been a great help for inbound leads for my medical devices consultancy and also a great way to connect with others in the industry remotely

my profile: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/karandeepbadwal
Dayum. Daily posting since 2021? Curious how you've kept that up.

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jan 9, 2023
What makes you reluctant to post it?

Basically, The guy in the testimonial video pitched a company to manage their marketing, he outsourced the landing page thing to me, and I made the landing page in Systeme.io. but the guy couldn't keep up with the company and the landing page I made was of no use. It stays in my account on systeme on a free domain.

So what the guy says in the testimonial that the landing page generated sales and all is just fake.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Basically, The guy in the testimonial video pitched a company to manage their marketing, he outsourced the landing page thing to me, and I made the landing page in Systeme.io. but the guy couldn't keep up with the company and the landing page I made was of no use. It stays in my account on systeme on a free domain.

So what the guy says in the testimonial that the landing page generated sales and all is just fake.
Post how you created the page, why you came up with the design you did, and what you recommend people do?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes Andy but nothing is ever going to beat when I happened to drop by a periscope live channel and it was you inside a pub.

Now that’s what I call meeting in the wild!

I miss periscope ha.
I remember that! That was crazy. I was just showing the live band in the local pub and on pops a forum member.

Yeah, what happened to Periscope? I guess all the other platforms give people the ability to go live now?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
LinkedIn has a scheduling feature when you write a new post you will see a clock symbol in the bottom right of the dialogue box, So I basically spend 30 mins a week mapping out my content and then respond to the comments when it goes live throughout the day.

I also recycle old content that is a few months old and repurpose old videos in a different format. The trick with LinkedIn is to engage on others content this then puts your content into their feed and it becomes reciprocal
Great tips. I'm enjoy being in communities like forums and Facebook groups. Outward facing platforms like LinkedIn are a bit odd to me. I was wondering where the community part was in LinkedIn and I'm starting to think it's in the comments section.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I just had an aha moment watching the first few minutes of a LinkedIn tips video on YouTube.

Broadly speaking Facebook is I, Instagram is You, LinkedIn is We.

My thoughts:

Facebook:
- I'm at wedding!
- I'm hiking.
- I'm celebrating my mum's birthday.

Instagram:
- Influencers inspire people.
- The best way they get their audience's attention is to use "You".
- "Have you ever wanted to ... ?"

LinkedIn:
- It's a community of peers!
- Are you a peer with your target market?

This makes so much sense now. I always tell people to be in Facebook groups of peers, "Be so good they can't ignore you" (Steve Martin), and eventually you'll start getting INVITED into groups of the markets you could serve.

My example is when I was invited into a Facebook group of 14k PT instructors by the group owner as the Google Ads guy, after we connected in a Facebook group of business owners all trying to grow our course memberships.

Soo... on LinkedIn, write for peers and join the community of peers? (I'm still figuring this out but it's starting to make sense.)

If you're a freelance web developer and want to pick up business owners as clients, then be a peer with business owners and write for them - as a peer.

Talk about your business struggles, successes, and learnings in a "we" fashion.

Weave what you do into your stories, but focus on helping your peers (business owners).

If you were to write really technical how-to posts the peers you're helping are other web designers.

I found when I talked too much about How-To do what I do then most of the folks who followed me were the people who wanted to do what I do (be a Google Ads freelancer).

When I post how-to content for business owners then I'm attracting business owners.

I knew this, but couldn't figure out how to position myself and what voice to use.

Being a peer with business owners / founders and talking from the perspective of WE makes so much sense.

Anyway, I'm still mulling this over so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm curious if this gave you a similar aha moment and what you'll do different going forward.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How we all getting on with LinkedIn?

What was your main learning for 2023?

What's your plan for 2024?

For me, my main learning was the value of consistently posting even if you don't seem to get much engagement. Some people see the posts and it's enough to get them referring you on.

It's not direct response stuff. For example, someone I worked with years ago had an interview somewhere and recommended me in the interview. The interviewer checked out my profile and referred me to a colleague. Months later they end up becoming a client. Did my regular posting help? I'm sure it just showed I'm active, and likely reminded the person I used to work with that I'm still doing what I do.

For 2024 I'll try to keep posting almost daily. I may look at doing short videos again, but not talking head ones. I'd like to create screenshare or animated videos that educate on a specific concept.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Oh, I just spotted AJ has a LinkedIn newsletter (see the Subscribe button)...

Screenshot_20231228-130218_LinkedIn.jpg

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The last couple of weeks I've been posting quite detailed updates on a personal Google Ads project I'm working on.

Someone who I chatted to in 2015 has been following those posts and scheduled a chat to discuss whether it would work for them or not. It's mad how "Show don't tell" works.

I also just posted tip somewhere in the forum, and to LinkedIn:

LinkedIn Tip: Join the conversation in the comments. The comments is where the party's at, and the people who've a habit of commenting are exactly the people you want following you (and vice versa).

100 people who comment and Like regularly can really help your content and account get traction. And make sure you're one of those ideal followers too. It's like a natural engagement pod, done right, and for the right reasons.

What do your ideal followers do? Do that.

Don't just throw a Like. Reply and explain WHY you liked it, and add to the conversation. You might be the person starting the party in someone else's comments, and could even get the attention of the original poster.

Oh, and take it to DM and then to Zoom where appropriate.

Don't be like me and wait a decade before you start recording them either. Start recording straight away and use something like Descript.com to edit and pull out useful sections. Pass your new friends clips of them dropping knowledge bombs so they can use them as they see fit.

Make friends, build relationships, create win-wins.

And this was interesting, but I've not noticed it.

random_username

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 19, 2024
I suspect you're right.

I just post when I've created something.

I heard a YouTuber say the best time to post is when you've finished the video. Mind you, YouTube content lasts for years whereas LinkedIn content has a shorter lifespan.
I ended up posting it earlier when I was done, instead of later.

I spent some time writing an article on my blog with some of my thoughts, about 2.5k words. I got about 100 impressions in the first hour of my post on LinkedIn. I don't care that much about the total number, but the problem is that all those people are people I know, and are not actual decision makers in companies. Luckily I got a free month of Sales Navigator, so I'll find more people on LinkedIn to connect with that. Hopefully that will help sometime in the future.

random_username

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 19, 2024
Is anyone writing personalized connection request messages when growing your connections, or are you simply sending them?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.