What's new

Long Time Lurker First Time Poster

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

dmricha

New Contributor
Hey Everyone. I've been reading the threads here for about a year but this is my first post. Before I get into my introduction I wanted to thank everyone for all the here for all the help that I've gotten over the past year. Almost every question that I've had has been answered without me ever having to post anything.

I started getting interested in business while I was working at Wal-Mart. I dropped out of college with no real plan and for awhile I was content just making a pay check. I had no idea that I was actually getting a business education while running photo machines and selling TVs. I learned from how to keep a budget, inventory control, management skills, price and color psychology, marketing but the most important thing I learned to do was sell.

After about two years the stress of the job was starting to wear me down. I was desperately searching for anything else. Right around this time a man and his wife convinced me that joining an MLM was the way to freedom.I bought into it for awhile. Everyone seemed so happy and I wanted a piece of that. They also promised me leadership and guidance. I didn't realize how bad I needed it until it was dangled in front of my face. Of course I never got leadership, guidance, or freedom for the MLM. I just got scammed. I did get to read Rich Dad Poor Dad so all wasn't lost.

I learned a lot of valuable lessons from that experience. The most important is that there is no magical secret or system that's going to lead me to freedom. If I'm going to get there I need to do it myself. I also learned that I just don't have the mindset to be a long term employee. Working someone else's business was never going to get me what I wanted. I've never wanted fancy houses or exotic cars. The only thing I've ever wanted was to be in control.

Day by day things got worse at Wal-Mart. I had a manager who used to hide behind displays and watch me work. I got so tired of doing the work of three people and barely getting paid for one. I didn't want to ask permission to be sick or worry about whether or not my shirt was the right shade of blue. My old friend depression started to creep back into my life. I started avoiding customers and actually made a little hiding space so I would look so busy that nobody would talk to me. Each day made me not want to see the next.

One day I was walking to the bus stop after work and got hit by a SUV. I'm a very small girl. I'm only 4'8 and on a good day weigh 110 pounds. That wasn't a fun experience but it did put a lot of things in perspective. It that time I was 22. I could have died. When I die I don't want to be the Wal-Mart girl. I want to be a multi-millionairess, with an awesome company, and control over how lived my life. I quit my job and started out on my own.

It's been about a year and a half now. I've failed with three different business ideas. They were awesome failures. I learned lot. I've had moderate success with internet marketing. I discovered that I love marketing in general and it's actually something that I'm very good at. I'm figuring a few more things to really push me a long on my fastlane path. Every day I'm taking action to get a little further along.

Again thanks for all the help. I look forward to learning a lot more and sharing what little I do know.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jimmu epf vjeplt gus vji fiveomif opvsu!

Huuf up ze. Hmef zua nefi ov epf tjuxif vjev TAW vjev puvjoph't huppe liiq zua fuxp. O vuu en e Xem Nesv Emanpo. Liiq nuwoph gusxesf epf zua xomm hiv xjev zua'si muuloph gus.

ximduni!

O emtu xuslif ev xemnesv gus tiwisem ziest!

zuas puv fief.

vjev duapvt et e tadditt op nz cuul

3 cef 1 huuf.

huuf tvesv.

vjeplt gus vji opvsu.

pux, xjevt zuas piyv tviq?

Xux,

Xjev e qutv.

O tisouatmz juqi vjot qistup ot tvomm emowi epf up vji qevj.

Vjot qutv duamf ci iyqepfif vu e puwim. Ietomz e citv timmis.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom