The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost opportunity?

Jmora92

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 17, 2023
I work in the medical field as a nursing assistant and we are always attending to the needs of patient more than the nurse. I consider myself to be good at what I do, I’m not passionate about it but I enjoy taking to people. Specially since I work in a high end hospital where celebrities/millionares/billionares seek medical care

I might have had an opportunity to have a personal coach/mentor and I always think about this opportunity that I might of lost.

I was taking care of a patient a 79 yr old male who gave me his business card after we talked about his entrepreneurial success as a coach/mentor and he really liked my ways of thinking since I was just providing ideas that I learned from the book “Unscripted ”. The guy thought I was a great candidate to be coached/mentored by him. I took the opportunity and started to visit/assisting him in my off days while he was recovering in the hospital. For the help he offered to mentor me for free. He stated his fee was $300 an hour. We had many phone calls and emails with homework he assigned me to do as the process of the mentorship. He would tell me that he likes to meet people with high EQ and mentors them or as he liked to say “adopts” people. He always stated that he wanted to introduce me to his group of people he adopted who are making millions with his teaching. I was sold.

It was great but right from the beginning he seemed to have been getting confused and repeating topics we had spoken about or he missed zoom calls we scheduled. In his medical record there were no diagnosis of dementia but I started to notice. I meet his wife while he was in the hospital and she always talked about how challenging it was to take care of him with his multiple back surgeries. In my mind I always told myself that this guy just wanted to find a personal caregiver and that thought just convinced me to ghost him because I didn’t want to be held back by someone I need to take care of 24/7. So I decided to ignore his calls and emails but I always ask myself if it was the right thing to do.

I meet a lot of personal caregivers here in the hospital who take care of wealthy people’s parents and they always state they are treated like royalty since they take away the burden of having to personally take care of their elderly parents. But they do state that they are with the patient 12+ hours 7 days a week.

So I always ask myself if he really wanted to mentor me or was he just looking for personal caregiver? What would my life be like if he actually mentored me?

What would you have done in this situation?

Here is his business card but I’m going to cover his name. I don’t know if this would be considered a HIPPA violation if I provide his name and address.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• IMG_4714.jpeg
    IMG_4714.jpeg
    427.6 KB · Views: 4

Eggman

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Aug 29, 2019
I think you have two options

A. Move on and try not to let the ‘what if’ question get in the way of your future/progress. Don’t live in regret. The free mentoring you did have is a great boost that most people won’t get without having to pay for it so it’s been a blessing

B. Give him a call. You have nothing to lose. Be honest(ish) to him as to why you ghost him. I personally would avoid bringing up dementia as he may take offence to that. He may just be forgetful. After all he’s no spring chicken.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
338%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
talk to his wife and family. ask them. pick up the phone.
never live life in 'what if'

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.