The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lynda.com to study fastlane skills?

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Hey All,

I'm currently focusing on getting up to speed with regards to website creation, coding, e-commerce, and basically anything having to with creating value through my computer. Since I realize that I'm waaay behind when it comes to computer/internet based business systems, I went on Ebay and bought a used copy of Adobe CS3 just to get aquainted with all of the different programs, and now I'm starting the learning curve. I know it's older software but I'm starting from scratch here anyway, so there's plenty of room to grow before I need the newest version.

I found Lynda.com, which appears to have a ton of video tutorials on many different subjects which seem fastlane-relevant to me. It's $25/month to get full access to the entire library, and there's another option at a slightly higher price point with more features - but the $25 seems like a steal to me, since I've checked Amazon.com and found video tutorials that cost from $20 - $50.

The 1st class I clicked on is for Dreamweaver essentials and it's over 10 hours long! Gotta be something in there to learn, and that's just one of MANY available. I'm going to be digging into that as soon as I finish my workout.

So, I just signed up this morning, and:

1. I wanted to pass it along to anyone that may also find it useful.

2. I wonder if anyone has used it and what they think of the service.

Enjoy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tycoon7

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 20, 2013
Lynda.com is great for learning web programming related stuff. Used it years ago to master drupal development.

However "programming being fastlane skill" strongly disagree. Focus on what makes you money! Right now i outsource all programming related tasks even if i can do it myself.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Lynda.com is great for learning web programming related stuff. Used it years ago to master drupal development.

However "programming being fastlane skill" strongly disagree. Focus on what makes you money! Right now i outsource all programming related tasks even if i can do it myself.

Right, good point on that! I guess what I'm doing at the moment is really just getting an understanding of how things are created, and from there I can decide what to hire out and what I will be doing myself.

Having focused the last 15 or so years developing my skills to build up a rental housing business, I'm totally green when it comes to internet marketing, creating websites, etc, so I'm developing a fundamental skill set in that area. It's pretty boring to 99% of the members of a forum like this I'm sure lol! I'm basically playing catch-up.

tycoon7

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 20, 2013
I'm totally green when it comes to internet marketing, creating websites, etc, so I'm developing a fundamental skill set in that area.
Don't forget that building site is BY FAR less important than knowing how to 1. bring traffic to it 2. monetize this traffic.
Knowing how programming works is great to help hire right person, but don't dig too deep. Get basics. And focus on more important fields.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Don't forget that building site is BY FAR less important than knowing how to 1. bring traffic to it 2. monetize this traffic.

I definitely agree there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.