The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making 13,000,000,000 Dollars

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
http://www.businessinsider.com/ray-...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

One of the best insights on the American economy that I've seen.
The fact that we are overspending money we don't have on depreciating liabilities is, has and continues to cripple the future of our society.

Up here in Canada it is no different. People don't want to work hard, and trade their future for a comfortable today.

Sidewalkers then will run a idiotic-fueled tirade against the 1% who keep them "oppressed" somehow.

So the rich have to work 100 times as hard to create value for the people, and when shit hits the fan, support the entire country and the instant-gratification babies and pay the price for other people's mistakes, while being vilified as the ' greedy oppressors'.

In my opinion, that's the mark of greatness, when your willing to do all that regardless.

Back to work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

HighestVantage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 13, 2014
Ukiah, CA
Thanks for sharing. I've done a lot of reading about the economy and he does a superb job of explaining something complex in simple terms. From my reading I've learned it's also really good to know that when credit spending rises and rises, there is a bubble and bubbles burst.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
So the US is coming out of the deleveraging and we are about to go on a growth cycle for the next decade? Time to borrow and increase productivity?

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
So the US is coming out of the deleveraging

The US never fully went into deleveraging, because of the massive stimulus package that was approved. All that happened was they kicked the can down the road for someone else to deal with.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

There is more and more debt/credit in the system that can be paid back.
I also don't understand how there can be a 'beautiful leveraging' with there currently being $185,666 owed per person, yet the average net worth of an American excluding home equity is $15,000.

Also always good to diversify the portfolio w gold /silver.
http://wealthcycles.com/visual-economy/dalio-says-‘beautiful-deleveraging’-is-in-jeopardy

Some tough stats Lol

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
This topic could easily lead down the "conspiracy theory" route, haha.

Lol, I know what you mean.
I'm not really a doomsday/survival prep guy, but hey if I can predict when everything is going to be on sale, it's a good thing to do

btw... it's a hot market that spends big bucks if any marketers reading ;)

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Definitely man! I haven't looked into this topic much recently, but there was a book I started reading a while back related to it. I never finished it so I'm going to start over and finish it during my winter break. Hormegeddon by Bill Bonner

The author of the book is the founder of a company that has top notch copywriters. Their email lists are worth signing up for and studying. :)

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I was just watching the video again and taking notes on it with Evernote.

In the video description there is a link to this website: http://www.economicprinciples.org/

It has more information on the topic. E.g. a conversation with Ray Dalio that's over an hour long and a downloadable / printable research paper based on the video.

I'm going to review them for sure since I have several economics classes coming up (probably next semester).

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
I know it isn't this simple, but damn...that video helped a lot.

And just like every other Youtube video ever created, don't read the comments. It's depressing in there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.