The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making a comeback

DevilDog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 31, 2016
Hey gang,

Intro:

Graduated college. Served in military. Got a sales job. Got married. Started internet company. Got into top accelerator. Left job. Built company. Had trouble raising angel money due to having no clue what I was doing. Company continued to do well, but the stress from the business, stress from my wife at the time, and demons I was dealing with from my war experience all surfaced at the same moment. I sunk into depression. Left the business after helping to hire my replacement. Laid on a couch for three weeks with no desire to do anything. Separated from my wife. Moved home to be closer to family. Started a company importing a specialty physical product. My Co-Founder and I did not work together well. Could not pay myself despite crazy hours worked. Lived in parents basement. First company ends up being acquired by a unicorn and I get a little cash and stock in the new company. I start seeing a phenomenal counselor at the VA. Got my mind right. Left the importing company to take a job in sales. On the day I started the job I had $300 in my bank account, owed ex-wife $20k (long story), had $16k in credit card debt trying to sustain myself over the prior four years (and because I was dumb)...and was still living in parents basement. It was a humbling experience.

I've been with the same company for the last several years. Paid off my debts. Bought a house. Got remarried. Had a kid. Built my retirement accounts to around 110k. In other words, I've been a F*cking slowlaner. I also own some niche adsense properties that spin off $1500-$3000 per mo.

I work as a recruiter for the company I'm at and planning on hanging out my own shingle. I'm a specialized recruiter and know the industry well. Despite recruiting being more of a slow lane business (time<-->money) I have figured out a few ways to give it some fast lane characteristics. I plan to use it as a cash generator to fund REI deals, an Amazon FBA biz using my importing experience. All in the name of having multiple streams of income.

My personal comeback continues and I plan to update the group on my adsense activities, rei, recruiting biz, and Amazon FBA biz.

Looking forward to connecting with you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
:wideyed:

So pretty boring, same ol same ol life I see. Seriously...Welcome ! Great 1st post. Enjoyed the read.

Keep us up to date.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Good to meet you DD.

Looks like you've done a lot and (literally) fought a few wars to get here. You're here now so your prosperity up trend strengthens.

I've been hearing a bit about Filfilled By Amazon (FBA). I heard a particularly interesting podcast by John Lee Dumas on it a few months back. He speaks to Scott Voelker here ~~> http://www.eofire.com/podcast/scottvoelker/

DevilDog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 31, 2016
Good to meet you DD.

Looks like you've done a lot and (literally) fought a few wars to get here. You're here now so your prosperity up trend strengthens.

I've been hearing a bit about Filfilled By Amazon (FBA). I heard a particularly interesting podcast by John Lee Dumas on it a few months back. He speaks to Scott Voelker here ~~> http://www.eofire.com/podcast/scottvoelker/

Thx, V8.

Scott actually has a great podcast on FBA called the Amazing Seller. I was just listening to it this afternoon in fact. Scott seems legit. Ryan Moran of "Freedom Fastlane" (wonder where he got the name?) has some informative FBA vids on YouTube as well.

Would enjoy connecting with any other FBA folks on here. I will be selling some of my adsense properties after the new year and using the proceeds to either buy an existing FBA biz or use it for a new product.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Excellent. What sort of multiple is a good adsense property getting these days?

DevilDog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 31, 2016
Excellent. What sort of multiple is a good adsense property getting these days?

The gold standard was once 10x monthly profit. Based on what I see in the market now the multiples have gone up. Empire Flippers markets most adsense properties between 25x and 30x monthly profit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...