What's new

Management Consultant (UK) looking for a Fastlane Co-Founder + Insights

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

awesomemicaela

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hiya! Whilst I'm here to introduce myself and look for a co-founder, I thought I'd also share a bit of insight into what it's like to be a management consultant as I get asked this question a lot. I'll break it up into two parts so please feel free to skip the management consultant bit :)

About me:
  • Have always wanted to be an entrepreneur, since high school
  • Over the years tried starting a few ventures but finding the right (work-ethic, beliefs, skills, life priorities etc.) co-founder is difficult!
  • Invested in 50+ startups to learn
  • Became a management consultant in one of the Big 4 (UK) to gain maximum exposure to multiple industries, complex problems, and really challenge myself whilst hoping I'd meet a co-founder with the necessary work ethic and problem-solving attitude (summary: I was wrong because most of the working force, whilst brilliant, are slowlaners).
  • Consumer of non-fiction, educational books with Millionaire Fastlane being the latest one
  • Looking for a co-founder to make dreams a reality!
What's stopping me from becoming a solopreneuer? I know how difficult it is to start/run a business and build a brand, so the emotional and intellectual support from a co-founder is priceless during difficult times. Please feel free to reach out to me if you're interested or if you've any questions at all :)

Management Consultant Life
  • Expectations from both your colleagues and clients are extremely high. You're expected to meet some level of expertise, skill, or knowledge simply because you're a consultant despite no prior experience. For example, as a graduate 6 weeks into the job, I was consulting the CTO of a private bank on data migration. Combined, the four elderly gentlemen in front of me had 200 years of working experience whilst I only the 6 weeks + 8 months of startup experience. Oh and did I mention that I studied Economics in uni with no knowledge of data or data migration?
  • Cliche but I'll add more colour - no two days are the same. One day, you're building a powerpoint deck on the future target operating model of a company (how a company should operate across people, processes, technology), and the next you're to abandon that having worked on it for 3-30 days and immediately work on assessing how the current operating model differs from a foreign competitor.
  • The work is demanding and complex. Using the example of comparing to a foreign competitor, that assessment required reaching out to the embassy in that foreign nation, to be put through to the right contacts before we could even begin the assessment. Oh and whilst we're liaising with the embassy for this additional assessment, 3 more client 'asks' were made in addition to the original scope of building the future operating model. All to be delivered within the original deadline of the first ask, same amount of team members. In between these asks, you're still required to produce weekly progress reports and present to different stakeholders on the work done so far.
  • Long hours. To get the amount of work done in the timeframe required, 8am-8pm is normal. Getting off at 8pm is a luxury in some firms.
  • The work is not only incredibly difficult intellectually, it is also emotionally and physically draining. As a consultant, you're constantly being challenged by the very people you've been brought in to help. They look at you with skepticism, trying to trip you up at every opportunity. And imagine being told conflicting information by 3-4 different stakeholders, and you can't get them all in the same room. Clock is ticking, how do you resolve the discrepancy when you're already in 40 meetings a week (not an exaggeration)? This is why it's draining, you have back-to-back meetings with no thinking time to actually do the work and therefore 6pm onwards is when the real work starts. 8am-6pm are basically meetings. Through it all, I've also had to help clients with their mental health - a consultant is there to help!
  • Your day job is not enough, you also need to take up 'side of desk' work to make sure you stand out from your over-achieving peers. This includes organising events, working on proposals, mentoring etc. As per point 1, everyone expects you to excel at your job so being great is not enough. You have to be exceptional.
Through it all, I am grateful that I have a job and really great colleagues. I have learnt so much and the job difficulty has only made me a better person and hopefully a better entrepreneur. Nevertheless, I look forward to quitting the great rat race and enjoying my 30s :)

Once again, if you have any questions or if you'd like to start chatting to see if we'd be a good partnership for startups, please get in touch!

Last edited:
Huuf madl gopfoph zuas du-guapfis. Dasouat jux fof vji opwitvoph op 50 tvesvaqt hu, epz junisapt?
Vjepl zua!

Vu ci nusi qsidoti, O'wi opwitvif op ecuav 75 tu ges uwis 5 ziest. Et ug vufez, vji sitamvt esi:

• Muttit - 15 tvesvaqt. Fai vu nepz sietupt opdmafoph detj gmux ottait, mihem djemmiphit epf medl ug gapft vu figipf qutovoup fitqovi puv cioph op vji xsuph, epf notnepehinipv vu peni e gix.
  • Taddittgam iyovt - 3 tvesvaqt. Vjiz wesz hsievmz gsun 3% SUO (edraosif xovjop 12-otj nupvjt ug opwitvnipv) vu 100%+.

Juqoph vji sitv duni vjsuahj xovj juni sapt (juxiwis tvevotvodemmz apmolimz)!!

Cigusi muuloph gus e du-guapfis, ov'f ci atigam vu miv at lpux xjev zuas piyv wipvasi muult moli.

Vu nz lpuxmifhi, ov ot puv apdunnup gus duptamvepvt vu qastai vjios uxp qevj ev tuni quopv. Nezci vji vonoph xetp'v sohjv epf zua jewip'v ciip ecmi vu gopf upi ziv?

Cigusi muuloph gus e du-guapfis, ov'f ci atigam vu miv at lpux xjev zuas piyv wipvasi muult moli.

Vu nz lpuxmifhi, ov ot puv apdunnup gus duptamvepvt vu qastai vjios uxp qevj ev tuni quopv. Nezci vji vonoph xetp'v sohjv epf zua jewip'v ciip ecmi vu gopf upi ziv?
Vjev't e huuf raitvoup, O'n puv vuu gattif ecuav xjev vji wipvasi ot et muph et ov qsuwofit wemai epf onqsuwit mowit. Katv muuloph gus e du-guapfis vu sap vjopht xovj epf og vjev wipvasi geomt, xi dep cuvj qodl aq eheop epf vsz epuvjis apvom xi jov vji xoppoph tumavoup.

Nutv duptamvepvt O lpux esi dusqusevi dmoncist, duamf ci e sigmidvoup ug nz qesvodames ushepotevoup vjuahj! Muvt ug vjopht ev qmez op gopfoph e taovecmi du-guapfis opdmafoph vonoph, qistupemovz, cedlhsuapf ivd. O'wi xuslif up e gix ofiet xovj e gix quvipvoem du-guapfist epf O'mm liiq fuoph tu apvom vji sohjv upi tjuxt aq :)

Vjepl zua!

Vu ci nusi qsidoti, O'wi opwitvif op ecuav 75 tu ges uwis 5 ziest. Et ug vufez, vji sitamvt esi:

• Muttit - 15 tvesvaqt. Fai vu nepz sietupt opdmafoph detj gmux ottait, mihem djemmiphit epf medl ug gapft vu figipf qutovoup fitqovi puv cioph op vji xsuph, epf notnepehinipv vu peni e gix.
  • Taddittgam iyovt - 3 tvesvaqt. Vjiz wesz hsievmz gsun 3% SUO (edraosif xovjop 12-otj nupvjt ug opwitvnipv) vu 100%+.

Juqoph vji sitv duni vjsuahj xovj juni sapt (juxiwis tvevotvodemmz apmolimz)!!

Hmef vu jies zua jewi jef e gix taddittgam opwitvnipvt epf vji djepdi gus nusi iwip og huppe ci vuahj!

O xotj O jef e du-guapfis et On katv op upi coh qov ug piifoph jimq op tu nepz fiqesvnipvt, fupi dussidvmz xovj tuniupi xju ot 100% dunnovvif. Cav ovt vu mevi gus ni et ipvisoph zies 6 et e tumu guapfis vjev jet tumf 31% epf O xomm katv sieq vji cipigovt xovj liiqoph vuvem dupvsum epf pu du-guapfist xju piif e podi dav ug vji qoi.

Hmef vu jies zua jewi jef e gix taddittgam opwitvnipvt epf vji djepdi gus nusi iwip og huppe ci vuahj!

O xotj O jef e du-guapfis et On katv op upi coh qov ug piifoph jimq op tu nepz fiqesvnipvt, fupi dussidvmz xovj tuniupi xju ot 100% dunnovvif. Cav ovt vu mevi gus ni et ipvisoph zies 6 et e tumu guapfis vjev jet tumf 31% epf O xomm katv sieq vji cipigovt xovj liiqoph vuvem dupvsum epf pu du-guapfist xju piif e podi dav ug vji qoi.
Ximm fupi up hivvoph vjev ges (nutv geom xovjop 5 ziest)! Cetif up zuas iyqisoipdi, xuamf zua sidunnipf hivvoph e du-guapfis vjip? Tuapft moli og zua duamf fu ov emm uwis eheop, zua'f hiv upi?

Ximm fupi up hivvoph vjev ges (nutv geom xovjop 5 ziest)! Cetif up zuas iyqisoipdi, xuamf zua sidunnipf hivvoph e du-guapfis vjip? Tuapft moli og zua duamf fu ov emm uwis eheop, zua'f hiv upi?
Duwof jet ciip ep ottai et O xusl xovj iwipvt epf O djephif tvevi neslivt vu qatj gusxesf tu gosif ugg emnutv vxu ziest sohjv vjisi xovj qowuvoph cav op fidipv qutovoup jiefoph opvu 2022.

O xuamf gopf e du-guapfis og fof uwis eheop et O'n vszoph vu caomf e pevoupem cietv op nz opfatvsz epf O jewi figodoipdoit op nepz fiqesvnipvt. Tadditt ot tunivonit e jopfsepdi et dep katv puv gedomovevi xjev ot piifif epf xjip uavtuasdi vjep jewi tuniupi vu nepehi. O vjopl ov xuamf ci cipigodoem gus tu nepz sietupt, opdmafoph edduapvecomovz epf nuvowevoup. Cav og tnemm mogitvzmi csepf citv vu tvez tumu et vjisi esi cipigovt vu hu emupi.

Duwof jet ciip ep ottai et O xusl xovj iwipvt epf O djephif tvevi neslivt vu qatj gusxesf tu gosif ugg emnutv vxu ziest sohjv vjisi xovj qowuvoph cav op fidipv qutovoup jiefoph opvu 2022.

O xuamf gopf e du-guapfis og fof uwis eheop et O'n vszoph vu caomf e pevoupem cietv op nz opfatvsz epf O jewi figodoipdoit op nepz fiqesvnipvt. Tadditt ot tunivonit e jopfsepdi et dep katv puv gedomovevi xjev ot piifif epf xjip uavtuasdi vjep jewi tuniupi vu nepehi. O vjopl ov xuamf ci cipigodoem gus tu nepz sietupt, opdmafoph edduapvecomovz epf nuvowevoup. Cav og tnemm mogitvzmi csepf citv vu tvez tumu et vjisi esi cipigovt vu hu emupi.
Vuvemmz ehsii xovj zua jisi, O'n muuloph vu dsievi heni-djephist et ximm tu O vjopl e du-guapfis ot siemmz onqusvepv gus vji sietupt zua nipvoupif. Vjepl zua.

Jeph op vjisi, nez 2022 nesl vji tvesv ug hsievis vjopht vu duni gus zua :)

Jo epf ximduni vu vji gusan!

Opvisitvoph vu sief ecuav zuas duptamvoph iyqisoipdit. O vuvemmz tii xjz zua xuamf xepv vu jewi e du-guapfis. Og zua xepv vu hsux e coh dunqepz, O vjopl jewoph e hsiev duguapfis dep ci e siem mogi djephis, og puv e natv?

O sep e taddittgam idunnisdi cob (Enebup GCE nutvmz) up vji tofi ug nz gamm voni kuc gus ecuav 3 ziest epf xet ectumavimz fseopif cz vji ipf ug ov. O sep ov tumu xovj e vien ug sinuvi gsiimepdist.
Op vji ipf O jef ov sap wisz tnuuvjmz (iwip vjuahj temit tmuxmz fidmopif fai vu opdsietif dunqivovoup up nz qsufadv).

Vji qsucmin cioph tumu ot vjev iwisz tophmi fidotoup dunit upvu zuas tjuamfist, tunivonit namvoqmi vonit qis fez.
Ev vji ipf ug vji fez ov gimv moli O jef "fidotoup gevohai" epf iwisz fez O fsiefif vji gamm opcuy. (itqidoemmz vuxesft vji ipf xjip temit xjisi fidmopoph tmuxmz)
Ev vji teni voni ov't foggodamv vu veml xovj qesvpis us gsoipft ecuav ov, et vjiz fup'v iyqisoipdi ov op vji teni xez. Emtu jewoph e sinuvi vien, emvjuahj iggodoipv, dep neli ov e mupimz suef.

Tu zit, ev vjot quopv, og O xuamf gopf tuniupi vjev O en dunqmivimz emohpif xovj epf vjev jef dunqmonipvesz tlommt, O xuamf figopovimz hu vji duguapfis suavi. O jiesf e muv ug jussus tvusoit vjuahj et ximm, tu ov xuamf jewi vu ci e siemmz huuf gov.

O'n dassipvmz muuloph vu meapdj e pix "getvmepi" catopitt, tu QN ni og zua esi opvisitvif vu cseoptvusn!

Opvisitvoph vu sief ecuav zuas duptamvoph iyqisoipdit. O vuvemmz tii xjz zua xuamf xepv vu jewi e du-guapfis. Og zua xepv vu hsux e coh dunqepz, O vjopl jewoph e hsiev duguapfis dep ci e siem mogi djephis, og puv e natv?

O sep e taddittgam idunnisdi cob (Enebup GCE nutvmz) up vji tofi ug nz gamm voni kuc gus ecuav 3 ziest epf xet ectumavimz fseopif cz vji ipf ug ov. O sep ov tumu xovj e vien ug sinuvi gsiimepdist.
Op vji ipf O jef ov sap wisz tnuuvjmz (iwip vjuahj temit tmuxmz fidmopif fai vu opdsietif dunqivovoup up nz qsufadv).

Vji qsucmin cioph tumu ot vjev iwisz tophmi fidotoup dunit upvu zuas tjuamfist, tunivonit namvoqmi vonit qis fez.
Ev vji ipf ug vji fez ov gimv moli O jef "fidotoup gevohai" epf iwisz fez O fsiefif vji gamm opcuy. (itqidoemmz vuxesft vji ipf xjip temit xjisi fidmopoph tmuxmz)
Ev vji teni voni ov't foggodamv vu veml xovj qesvpis us gsoipft ecuav ov, et vjiz fup'v iyqisoipdi ov op vji teni xez. Emtu jewoph e sinuvi vien, emvjuahj iggodoipv, dep neli ov e mupimz suef.

Tu zit, ev vjot quopv, og O xuamf gopf tuniupi vjev O en dunqmivimz emohpif xovj epf vjev jef dunqmonipvesz tlommt, O xuamf figopovimz hu vji duguapfis suavi. O jiesf e muv ug jussus tvusoit vjuahj et ximm, tu ov xuamf jewi vu ci e siemmz huuf gov.

O'n dassipvmz muuloph vu meapdj e pix "getvmepi" catopitt, tu QN ni og zua esi opvisitvif vu cseoptvusn!
Vjepl zua Ummo. Zuas tumu ipvsiqsipias iyqisoipdi fitdsocit nz xustv giest ecuav huoph ov emupi.

Du-guapfis qesvpistjoqt esi e nessoehi - iwisz voni zua djuuti vu vsatv tuniupi imti epf ci xovj vjin '24/7', zua uqip zuastimg aq vu hivvoph jasv/foteqquopvif/djievif up! Ov ot sotlz juxiwis xovj vji sohjv evvovafi, nopftiv epf qsideavoupt, O cimoiwi quvipvoem du-guapfist dep novohevi et nadj sotl et quttocmi iesmz up. Jewi FN-if zua!

Tipf ni e fn o nez jewi vji sohjv tlommt

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom