The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing? Money? Emails? What?

Marketing, social media, advertising

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Okay, while I can think clearly.

So I have a product. You've seen it. For the past 2 months I have been working on it and aside from wiring it is ready. I will post pictures with detailed engineering drawings, schemes on INSIDERS if you wish. Even renders.

I've sent some to @Aidan04 and he can confirm I have them.

Now, after I finish it I need to get that to market.

To get it to market I need demo.
To demo I need to buy the whole engineering which is calculated and working already.
To buy I need money.
To get money I either bootstrap which is hardmode in my country or get VCs. Some of you suggested licencing but I'll get to that later.

So licencing.
As far as I understand licencing is basically giving your invention to someone else and effectively giving up ownership of your company for royalties.

I will stick to the rule that Felix Dennis - the guy behind Maxim, net worth about 300m- has repeatedly enforced "ownership is not the important thing - it's the only thing". I am not settling for mediocre outcome and giving up 99% from my company for a measly 1% of royalties return, even if that will take longer to start. Mine.

VCs want a good part of the company too, but 3-15% is better than 99% lost from royalty path.

The key to cheaper capital here I believe is soft proof. If I can get soft proof I can derisk the investment for VCs and thus get less capital.

That's why I am doing the soft proof. Not because I am trying to action-fake but to get to VCs with damn results. I have been working on the product for the 2 months daily too. I need to run more physical calculations to be absolutely sure, but I think it's about ready.

Literally the best approach here is to create the physical version. As @Aidan04 said, I must demo it, and for that I need to create and test and tweak it, and then it will work.

Okay.

Which strategy would you propose for this kind of proof? How can I market it for low-cost?

A website can be done, but will I place CAD renderings on it? Can be, but it looks shammy. I can try to create a Blender rendering on my laptop, and it would look much better, but does it make the marketing strategy?

What I see:
Emailing wealthy individuals starting from anything like programmers up to CEOs and business owners. Question is, where to get non-B2B emails.
Cold calling by specific numbers. How do you get those phone numbers? Apollo.io allows for phone credits, but it's expensive.
Voicemail drops (?)
Do bolt food until I get 500€ and run marketing to something like a Kickstarter. Problem is - it freezes money for a long time - 45 days after the campaign. Again, CAD only?

Or just go to VCs directly? I did and got zero response the last time. As well as anything else I did.

So, what marketing strategy to employ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
Okay, while I can think clearly.

So I have a product. You've seen it. For the past 2 months I have been working on it and aside from wiring it is ready. I will post pictures with detailed engineering drawings, schemes on INSIDERS if you wish. Even renders.

I've sent some to @Aidan04 and he can confirm I have them.

Now, after I finish it I need to get that to market.

To get it to market I need demo.
To demo I need to buy the whole engineering which is calculated and working already.
To buy I need money.
To get money I either bootstrap which is hardmode in my country or get VCs. Some of you suggested licencing but I'll get to that later.

So licencing.
As far as I understand licencing is basically giving your invention to someone else and effectively giving up ownership of your company for royalties.

I will stick to the rule that Felix Dennis - the guy behind Maxim, net worth about 300m- has repeatedly enforced "ownership is not the important thing - it's the only thing". I am not settling for mediocre outcome and giving up 99% from my company for a measly 1% of royalties return, even if that will take longer to start. Mine.

VCs want a good part of the company too, but 3-15% is better than 99% lost from royalty path.

The key to cheaper capital here I believe is soft proof. If I can get soft proof I can derisk the investment for VCs and thus get less capital.

That's why I am doing the soft proof. Not because I am trying to action-fake but to get to VCs with damn results. I have been working on the product for the 2 months daily too. I need to run more physical calculations to be absolutely sure, but I think it's about ready.

Literally the best approach here is to create the physical version. As @Aidan04 said, I must demo it, and for that I need to create and test and tweak it, and then it will work.

Okay.

Which strategy would you propose for this kind of proof? How can I market it for low-cost?

A website can be done, but will I place CAD renderings on it? Can be, but it looks shammy. I can try to create a Blender rendering on my laptop, and it would look much better, but does it make the marketing strategy?

What I see:
Emailing wealthy individuals starting from anything like programmers up to CEOs and business owners. Question is, where to get non-B2B emails.
Cold calling by specific numbers. How do you get those phone numbers? Apollo.io allows for phone credits, but it's expensive.
Voicemail drops (?)
Do bolt food until I get 500€ and run marketing to something like a Kickstarter. Problem is - it freezes money for a long time - 45 days after the campaign. Again, CAD only?

Or just go to VCs directly? I did and got zero response the last time. As well as anything else I did.

So, what marketing strategy?
Awesome!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Nice retroactive backlinking attempt, shall I delete your account or just mark it as spam?

EDIT: Marked as SPAM.

G

Guest6x3pod4

Boss you need to make yourself/product undeniable. Literally just put your nose down and act as though you are the CEO and you are bringing it to market yourself. Make 5-10-100 units, whatever you can. Your valuation will 10X when you have sales and tangible photo and videos. Also a trade show can vastly expand your value and customer knowledge. Business to consumer events are hot right now. Check out this Youtube video on inventors and B2C markets. Over all just keep crushing it! Drop licensing from your vocab for now. Eyes on the prize!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.