The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire tax on the ballot

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When voters in Washington state head to the polls, not only will they decide whether to check the box marked (R) or (D), but also if their millionaire neighbors should pay higher taxes.
i0owAxE8uPI

More...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Go ahead and watch your unemployment figures get worse. Business owners vote with their feet ... we move from business-obtrusive to business-friendly. It was another reason why I dumped Illinois for Arizona. So Washingtonians, the next time you're complaining about why there are no jobs, remember the box you checked.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
From the article:

0:00 /2:09Stiglitz: Don't extend Bush tax cuts
Meanwhile, supporters argue that without the capital investments in education and health care that would result from the tax, Washington's economy will suffer in the long-term.

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement and the kind of thing that tends to get glossed over when made in the mainstream media. If Washington's education system and health care system are suffering from lack of money it's not because the state doesn't have a personal income tax, because it never had one to begin with. It's because their politicians and school board members are spending too much of the money they already receive.

Rather than try to get more money from taxpayers to fund their huge budgets, they should instead trim the fat off of the budget; cut unnecessary spending to reduce costs. Hospitals are especially guilty of this; doctors routinely ask their patients to get expensive tests which they don't need just to make a determination of their condition, even though they already knew what their condition was.

The wealthy in America are the ones who create jobs for the bottom 90%; taxing them more would only result in more economic problems for Washington and other states as those wealthy people will just go where there is less of a tax burden, taking their money and business with them.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
On one hand, where is the incentive to continue producing (goods, services, jobs) if we overburden the producers with taxes.

On the other hand, just one more hurdle to negotiate. Add it to the list. Maybe this could even be an opportunity for a new business.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I heard the ballot measured failed and did not pass. Congrats Washington State!

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
ohh look at that cnnmoney dot com what a coincidence.

So Washingtonians, the next time you're complaining about why there are no jobs, remember the box you checked.

ahh you took the words right out of my mouth.

If only fastlane businesses could accept cash..if only

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.