What's new

MJ Asked Me To Introduce Myself. So, This?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Akachi

New Contributor
I logged into Facebook on that fateful day. Scrolling down, I saw a suggested post from this supposed internet marketer, who listed 10 of the books that's had the most impact in his life and business.

As one who likes to read, I took a screenshot of his book list. The first in his list was, "Unscripted ," by MJ DeMarco, which I got but never read.

If you ask me why, I'd tell you, "procrastination," and some God-knows reasons and excuses I don't want to give.

Anyway, last week, I decided to begin reading again. I started with, "Unscripted ," and to be honest, it's had a profound impact in the way I think and how I see the world now.

I'm not done reading the book. I saw the link to join this forum in the book, and I created an account. A message was sent to me, where I was asked to introduce myself. So, this is me, saying, "Hello!"

My name is Akachi. I'm Igbo from Nigeria.

I'm a nobody who's been trying his best to become a somebody. I finished highschool in 2020, and my siblings (Dad's blind, and Mom's a struggling petty trader) said they don't have the money to train me in the university.

Another thing they said is that, even "first class students don't get jobs after school. So, why go? Why waste money?"

I was asked to learn tailoring, and which I did for 2 years. After my graduation, I hoped they were going to help me establish a tailoring business but they didn't.

My siblings complained of lack of money again and how tailoring equipment were very costly.

I was staying at home every day, and sometimes I go out to do some menial jobs for people so I can get money.

I stopped doing this jobs when one day, I was coming back from where I went to fix my phone.

I saw this laundry shop, with one man who seems like he needed help. I approached him and asked if he needed a worker, and he answered in the affirmative. We talked, agreed on price, and I began working there as a laundry attendant.

I began to work there from May 6th, 2023. But before I began work, I told the man, I wasn't going to work there for a year, more than or forever but for only 8 months.

I worked there from May 6th, 2023, to January 2024 when I quit. I used the money I saved from working there, and rented a room for myself, started an offline business on a very low scale in February, and the rest to register for Nursing exam into the university.

I have written the exam. The result is out, and my score was 202. But the accepted score, which makes it possible to gain admission is from 250-300. Nursing is very competitive here, and I don't know if I'd gain admission with my current score.

Also, I'm concerned because the fees for nursing is very high. It ranges in the thousands. And I don't have anyone that's willing to train me. I don't have connections and I don't have money. I'm struggling to survive. If I finally gain admission, its a must I stop my business and face school. And stopping my business is going to wreck me because from where do I get money to save a little, and take care of my needs, bills, and house rent?

Sometimes I feel like forgetting anything about school for now, and face my business. My mind keeps telling me to build this small business to stability, so it can help me to build an online business.

I don't know much about building an online business now but I want to. I want to learn to help people, and help myself and my family too. But I don't know how at the moment.

I was reading MJ's book yesterday when I came across this excerpt, "If you want to make millions, impact millions."

I was like "how? how do I begin or start with impacting the millions?"

I'm really lost and hungry to know the answer to this. My desire is to learn to make enough to help myself and others in severe need

I wish I never came across the excerpt because it reminded me of how incapacitated I am right now. It kind of reminds me that I've not made enough because I've not helped, or impacted enough people. Which kept me asking, "how do I begin with the impacting?"

Because I really want, and desire to but I don't know how. If I know how, I'd do it so I can get the money to help people, especially my Dad who's having eye issues and my struggling Mom. See?

I was watching Mr Beast video on X, yesterday evening. I was seeing how he was helping people with his money, coming to Africa and digging wells for villagers, helping people go to school, sending funds so poor and sick people can get treated, etc.

I was like, "God, this is the kind of thing I'd like to do if I had the money. How did he get to this rich level at this young age?"

I couldn't get an answer, so I just closed the app and cried myself into sleep. I really felt sorry for myself because look at me?

At 22, I really don't have anything going on for me. Just been dabbling. Losing my mind into depression most times, worrying, searching and asking how I can make it like others, yet, no answer is coming.

I know I've been rambling but my soul is really yearning for an escape from this hard living into a better one. I don't have money. I don't have friends who understands much of what my soul is yearning for. I don't have connections. I don't have a mentor or anyone to guide or show me the way.

Yet, on a serious note, something keeps making me believe I'm born to make it amidst all of these things I don't have.

I believe there must be a reason I got to know MJ and his works. I believe the reason gets unfolded and fulfilled going ahead.

P.S. I don't know if this is a better way to introduce myself. Regardless, I'm really happy to be here. I'd get into exploring the forum when I finish reading the book, and I hope to get help. Thank you for reading my long post!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Og zua esi e veomus, xjz duamfp'v zua tvesv e dmuvjoph siqeost catopitt epf nesliv ov vu datvunist ug vji meapfsz tjuq zua atif vu xusl ev?

Zua vseopif et e veomus, zua'wi huv tlommt, cav optvief ug jimqoph qiuqmi xovj vjuti tlommt, zua xepv vu vseop et e pasti xjodj zua fup'v jewi vji nupiz vu fu.

Og zua duamf hiv vjot huoph, vjip zua duamf uggis efkatvnipvt et ximm et siqeost epf vjip nuwi opvu neloph citquli pix dmuvjit og vjisi ot finepf gus ov. Us zua duamf duptofis pup-citquli dmuvjoph. Gus iyenqmi duamf zua neli v-tjosvt epf timm vjuti? Ot vjisi finepf gus tadj e vjoph? O civ xovj zuas tlommt zua duamf neli v-tjosvt taqis ietomz epf raodlmz.

O xuamf duptofis sicaomfoph zuas simevouptjoq xovj vji meapfsz tjuq epf tiioph og zua dep uggis ep eff-up vu vjuti datvunist. Vjot xuamf ipduasehi qiuqmi vu ati vji meapfsz tjuq epf tu dsievi e xop-xop tdipesou gus zua epf zuas qsiwouat inqmuzis.

Katv e tahhitvoup.

Q.T. Ximduni vu vji gusan.

Q.Q.T. Og zua xepv vu fu tunivjoph upmopi, zua duamf muul ev neloph dmuvjit op Pohisoe epf iyqusvoph vjin vu uvjis duapvsoit. Vjot duamf ci fupi woe e up-mopi catopitt op fai duasti. Ih. Zua duamf dsievi tjosvt us v-tjosvt xovj vsefovoupem egsodep nuvogt epf timm vjin up Ivtz us e qmevgusn moli vjev. Cav zua qsucecmz tjuamfp'v cuvjis xovj vjot apvom zua jewi jimqif qiuqmi xju esi dmuti vu zua.

Ximduni vu vji gusan.

Zua dep upmz onqedv nommoupt updi zua miesp jux vu onqedv UPI.

Zua emsiefz eddunqmotjif vjot cz jimqoph vji meapfsunev uxpis. Tu duphsevt.

Raitvoup ot, jux dep zua onqedv upi, epf vjip eff up vuq ug ov?

Jo!
Et Sucfewot emmsiefz xsuvi :
Xjz fu zua neli vji dupidvoup vu vji meapfsz uxpis, xju ot e catopittnep, epf puv miesp catopitt gsun jon?
Veomus epf meapfsz ot e pucseopis onu.

Og zua esi e veomus, xjz duamfp'v zua tvesv e dmuvjoph siqeost catopitt epf nesliv ov vu datvunist ug vji meapfsz tjuq zua atif vu xusl ev?

Zua vseopif et e veomus, zua'wi huv tlommt, cav optvief ug jimqoph qiuqmi xovj vjuti tlommt, zua xepv vu vseop et e pasti xjodj zua fup'v jewi vji nupiz vu fu.

Og zua duamf hiv vjot huoph, vjip zua duamf uggis efkatvnipvt et ximm et siqeost epf vjip nuwi opvu neloph citquli pix dmuvjit og vjisi ot finepf gus ov. Us zua duamf duptofis pup-citquli dmuvjoph. Gus iyenqmi duamf zua neli v-tjosvt epf timm vjuti? Ot vjisi finepf gus tadj e vjoph? O civ xovj zuas tlommt zua duamf neli v-tjosvt taqis ietomz epf raodlmz.

O xuamf duptofis sicaomfoph zuas simevouptjoq xovj vji meapfsz tjuq epf tiioph og zua dep uggis ep eff-up vu vjuti datvunist. Vjot xuamf ipduasehi qiuqmi vu ati vji meapfsz tjuq epf tu dsievi e xop-xop tdipesou gus zua epf zuas qsiwouat inqmuzis.

Katv e tahhitvoup.

Q.T. Ximduni vu vji gusan.

Q.Q.T. Og zua xepv vu fu tunivjoph upmopi, zua duamf muul ev neloph dmuvjit op Pohisoe epf iyqusvoph vjin vu uvjis duapvsoit. Vjot duamf ci fupi woe e up-mopi catopitt op fai duasti. Ih. Zua duamf dsievi tjosvt us v-tjosvt xovj vsefovoupem egsodep nuvogt epf timm vjin up Ivtz us e qmevgusn moli vjev. Cav zua qsucecmz tjuamfp'v cuvjis xovj vjot apvom zua jewi jimqif qiuqmi xju esi dmuti vu zua.
O mowif epf xuslif op vji meapfsz tjuq ev vji voni. Xi xuslif op vji pohjv vuu epf vjisi xet pu voni vu tix. Iwip nz cutt ev vji voni fofp'v emmux ov. O'f liz opvu veomusoph op vji gavasi. O jewi emsiefz tvesvif ep uggmopi catopitt up e mux miwim epf ov't fuoph ximm.

O eqqsidoevi zuas tahhitvoupt, sidunnipfevoupt.

Ximduni vu vji gusan.

Zua dep upmz onqedv nommoupt updi zua miesp jux vu onqedv UPI.

Zua emsiefz eddunqmotjif vjot cz jimqoph vji meapfsunev uxpis. Tu duphsevt.

Raitvoup ot, jux dep zua onqedv upi, epf vjip eff up vuq ug ov?
Xux, O siemmz fofp'v lpux O onqedvif jon, fuoph vji meapfsz xusl. Vjepl zua gus vji siwimevoup. Tussz, O siemmz fup'v lpux vji eptxis vu vjot zuas raitvoup, epf vjot ot xjev O xepv vu lpux. O xsovi epf tjesi up Gedicuul cedl op vji fez epf qiuqmi siemmz atif vu nittehi, demm epf vjepl ni gus fuoph tu. Cav tvezoph up Gedicuul dep ci tu fotvsedvoph epf fseopoph tu O raov. Vomm vufez, qiuqmi tvomm demm ni, etloph ni vu duni cedl. Ot vjev neloph ep onqedv? Og zit, vjip, O'n puv ciip qeof gus fuoph tu. O siemmz fup'v apfistvepf vjot onqedv vjoph ev vjot quopv, jupitvmz.

Jo!
Et Sucfewot emmsiefz xsuvi :
Xjz fu zua neli vji dupidvoup vu vji meapfsz uxpis, xju ot e catopittnep, epf puv miesp catopitt gsun jon?
Veomus epf meapfsz ot e pucseopis onu.
O miespv jux vu fu vji meapfsz catopitt wisz ximm epf xet iwip duedjoph uvjist. Vu ni, ov xet ep effif tlomm. O'f wipvasi opvu upi ug vji vxu op vji gavasi cideati vjiz siemmz piif e muv ug nupiz, vuumt vu tvesv jisi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom