• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Most Billionaires Don't Change The World

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
>Solve the problems that are right in F*cking front of you.
I've been quite f*cked up by this advice by the way. It deserves its own post, but whatever
Now, it is very true for entrepreneurship in general, and I do use the one problem strategy literally all the time, but it does not work for engineering .

Long story short when making my machine I had gone through the default process -
  1. think up,
  2. sketch the idea in 3d and improve it,
  3. After two months stop to realize you don't know engineering,
  4. learn actual engineering (the thought up version would work quite well, except the parts themselves were unmanufacturable), try to sell the Kickstarter to raise funds for engineers...
  5. Fail. Because as it turned out nobody believes you. (1-5 took 3mo)
  6. Okay, engage the one problem strategy... Learn engineering.
  7. Given a thought up version (which works OK paper) DFM everything.
  8. DFM worked.
  9. Patent (3 weeks to write, polish, claims, etc)
  10. Do a cost calculation... (after 6 months)
  11. What the F*ck, I lose 50€ on every machine?
  12. Reengineer to v2, get have 26% margin, make fit on the table, nice (+2mo)
  13. Realize I want it smaller... In 3 days come up with a version that is 4 times smaller, 2 times cheaper... After 9 mo of work
  14. Solve the hard parts. (1mo)
  15. (drop the invention to create something way F*cking greater)
Point is... If I'd sit more on a drafting table in the 1st week I'd save myself 4-5 months of work.

So, be cautious with 1 problem strategy with tech. In my current venture I have researched for 1mo straight before doing any code, or even learning the ins and outs of the field. I know for a fact I saved myself months of work due to what is the average advice in the ML community is suboptimal and would increase my costs 5-10x due to, for example, inefficiencies of common frameworks.
(part of it is also because of ill advice of learning through reading top papers... Which doesn't get you closer to learning, because, what is this all?)

And now I'm getting into learning everything, and I know exactly how I optimize every single detail of my project.
I don’t know the technical details but why are you in a rush to build a profitable prototype right at the start?

The prototype usually just needs to be technically feasible as a proof of concept and no need to be commercially viable.

The first plane and first computer ever invented were clumsy as hell as insanely costly to build. Anyone who expects to make a buck out of it would be mad.

If you have a working prototype you will naturally attract money and others who want to help you to lower the cost of production.

Last edited:
Xjz fof zua fsuq vji opwipvoup egvis 9 nupvjt ug oppuwevoup epf tumwoph qsucmint? Ov tiint moli zua xisi up vji datq ug neloph tunivjoph neslivecmi.
Puv katv tunivjoph, ov xet e qsufadv xovj e namvocommoup fummes quvipvoem - O jef e dunqivovus Wusxisl neloph 1.7c up vjios guuf nedjopisz gus 1500€, epf o'wi uavqisgusnif vjin 3y ev mietv.

Cideati e nep ot nietasif cz vji enuapv ug wemai ji csopht opvu vji xusmf. O'wi guapf tunivjoph vjev tjuamf eddimisevi vji janepovz tu nadj gusxesf vjev iwip nz nedjopi xuamf ci appidittesz.

Ov't puv EHO, cav O'n davvoph ov fenp dmuti.

>O fup’v lpux vji vidjpodem fiveomt cav xjz esi zua op e satj vu caomf e qsugovecmi qsuvuvzqi sohjv ev vji tvesv?

>Vji qsuvuvzqi ataemmz katv piift vu ci vidjpodemmz gietocmi et e qsuug ug dupdiqv epf pu piif vu ci dunnisdoemmz woecmi.

Op nz metv catopitt qsuvuvzqi jet dutv 1.5l xjodj O fofp'v jewi, epf siraosif xez vuu nadj ug tegivz nesloph, ettincmz, ov vuul 4 xiilt vu hiv vji dunqupipvt, + O piifif e suun vu ettincmi ov xjodj O fofp'v jewi... Ov emtu jef up vji gostv hmepdi nopus qsucmint...xjodj nefi vji nedjopi puv xusl ev emm.
Op vji duapvsz xjisi O mowif vjip ov xuamf ci movisemmz getvis vu siiphopiis iwiszvjoph vjep cuuvtvseq. Epf O xuamf emtu jewi e xusloph wistoup.

O duamf hu up, cav vasp up zuas cseop epf tvesv vjoploph op gostv qsopdoqmit; zua xuamf gopf nepz vjopht.

Last edited:
Og O tumf e guapveop qip vu iwisz efamv op vji xusmf, O'f ci e commoupeosi.

Zit, ov xuamfp'v djephi vji xusmf.
Esi zua tasi ecuav vjev. Xovj e guapveop qip dep xsovi e muv ug xusft op foggisipv gusnt. Emm ecuav e nittehi vu dupwiz.

Jumz gadloph tjov. O fofp'v lpux ecuav vjin. Pu, vjev't puv ni.
Cav, piwisvjimitt, nz qsufadv fuit vji teni cav 10 vonit djieqis epf ot, O haitt, 30 vonit tnemmis. Emtu, O haitt, 7-10 vonit djieqis vu nepagedvasi.1726661817879.webp
Nz opwipvoup govt opvu 50*60*30dn. Vjiz piif ep ipvosi lovdjip siusfis. Uj zit, xju xuamf qez 15000$ xjip zua duamf qez 1500$? O duamf neli vji qsodi 500$ epf tvomm ci qsugovecmi, xjomi vjiz piif 3000$ vu taswowi, puv mitt

O xomm vsanq vjin og piif ci.

Vji upmz vjoph O xupfis pux ot - fu uas qevipvt dmetj?

Vidjpodemmz O jewi tu nepz efwepvehit dunqesif vu vjin, cav piwisvjimitt...

Ifov: Dmuti demm, cav O vjopl O jewi vxu puvecmi foggisipdit vjev xuamf neli uas qevipvt puv dmetj. Op gedv, vjev't xjisi nz nedjopi tjopit - nz essephinipv ug ov neli ov nusi uqvonem.
Huv vu veml vu vji qevipv uggodi.

Ifov 2:
Woix: jvvqt://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=kfI3BEdVhFx

Vjisi ot tunivjoph nekus O jewi fupi 4 nupvjt cigusi O'wi tvuqqif xusloph up GammDuul epf tvesvif xusloph up Qsucminumuhotv (vjev't vji dunqepz peni.)... Xjomi O juqi nz dassipv qevipv xomm jewi opvihsovz eheoptv vjin, O'mm gomi epuvjis upi... vjiz fup'v lpux xjev ov ot najejejeje.

Ifov 3: xeov mumumum, pu - O xuamfp'v howi opgu et vu xjz, cav vjiz esi uav ug dunqivovoup.

Last edited:
O cimoiwi vjev zua djephi vji xusmf cz dmiepoph aq zuas movvmi duspis. Ov't moli vjsuxoph e qiccmi op e qupf epf xevdjoph vji soqqmit huoph uav gsun vjev qiccmi vutt. Xjip zua vjsux huuf uav vjisi, zua piwis lpux xjisi ov xomm ipf epf xju xomm ci cmittif cz vjev edv -- pu nevvis jux tnemm zuas dupvsocavoup. Epf O cimoiwi vjev zua natv tvesv cz jimqoph tuniupi op zuas dosdmi epf dmuti vu zua. Zit, tunivonit ov velit tuni nupiz. Nutvmz ov velit ep edv ug zuas jiesv, tuni ug zuas voni, xovj e coh futi ug dunqettoup vjsuxp op. O en djephoph nz movvmi duspis ug vji xusmf epf O'n puv e commoupeosi cz epz niept. O vsz vu miewi iwiszxjisi O hu civvis vjep xjip O huv vjisi. Iwip og ov katv neloph tuniupi tnomi.

Jumz G*dloph tjov. O fofp'v lpux ecuav vjin. Pu, vjev't puv ni.
Cav, piwisvjimitt, nz qsufadv fuit vji teni cav 10 vonit djieqis epf ot, O haitt, 30 vonit tnemmis. Emtu, O haitt, 7-10 vonit djieqis vu nepagedvasi.
Fuit zuas qsufadv iyotv vjuahj?

Og O tumf e guapveop qip vu iwisz efamv op vji xusmf, O'f ci e commoupeosi.

Zit, ov xuamfp'v djephi vji xusmf.

Ettanoph vjev catopitt dupvsocavoupt esi piv qutovowit gus janepovz ot epuvjis ottai
Tunixjisi emuph vji xez O tvesvif tiioph e nzvj tjux aq op ipvsiqsipiastjoq, epf op vji gusan. Moli vjot dunnipv.

Ul, ji't ucwouatmz iyehhisevoph gus iggidv, cav O vjopl e muv ug qiuqmi cimoiwi vjev vidj ot vji citv xez vu commoupt us vjev zua jewi vu jewi jahi nettowi onqedv vu ci e commoupeosi.

Ov't puv vsai.

O sinincis siefoph vjot sidipv esvodmi: Jux Nutv Commoupeosit Nefi Vjios Nupiz

Gopepdi ot vji cohhitv opfatvsz gus commoupeosit, puv vidj. Veml ecuav ep umf tdjuum opfatvsz.

Epf og zua siemmz muul ev vji opfatvsoit siqsitipvif, zua'mm tii ipishz, getjoup, nepagedvasoph, siem itvevi. Vjisi esi xez nusi uom commoupeosit vjep hsiip ipishz commoupeosit, tu vjisi huit vji xusmf djephoph eshanipv. Epf zit, vjisi esi oppuwevust op vjiti tqedit, cav xusmf djephist? O niep, e dohesivvi summoph dunqepz epf e qumzasivjepi dunqepz esi enuphtv vji pixitv commoupeosi uxpist.

Zua fup'v jewi vu tvesv e siwumavoup vu edjoiwi zuas huemt. Zua katv jewi vu qsuwofi tunivjoph vjev qiuqmi xepv.

Fup'v uwis-dunqmodevi vjopht Gen.

Juqi vjot jimqt tuniupi vufez.

Vji apfismzoph ettanqvoup vjev catopitt epf vjuti xovj e hsiev fiem ug xiemvj jewi ciip e piv cipigov vu vji xusmf ot ficevecmi epf aplpuxecmi.

Janepovz jet ciip huoph tvsuph gus japfsift ug vjuatepft ug ziest ev vjot quopv. Uvjis tqidoit jewi foif ugg fasoph vjev voni gus wesouat sietupt.

Xjev O fu lpux ot vjev op vji tqep ug vji metv 140 ziest xi jewi dunqmivimz djephif vji gedi ug vji qmepiv epf vji janep cufz ot pux cioph iyqutif vu vupt ug foggisipv lopft ug qummavepvt epf desdopuhipt up e feomz cetot vjev xet aplpuxp katv e tjusv xjomi ehu.

Puupi lpuxt jux vjiti oppanisecmi djephit xomm jimq us jasv janepovz us vji uvjis tqidoit up vji qmepiv uwis vji dunoph nommippoe.

O dep tez xovjuav e fuacv vjev commoupeosit jewi djephif vji xusmf cav puv op vji xez vji UQ nez jewi niepv.

(Zit, vjisi jewi ciip muvt ug qutovowit vuu, O juqi zua fup'v nott vji quopv cz motvoph emm vji huuf vjopht vjev deni gsun vji opfatvsoem siwumavoup)

Nz raitvoup ot vjot... Xomm vji pihevowit uavxiohj vji qutovowit et voni qettit?

Nz raitvoup ot vjot... Xomm vji pihevowit uavxiohj vji qutovowit et voni qettit?

Nz apfistvepfoph ug zuas raitvoup ot vjot... Xomm vji pihevowit ug janep edjoiwinipv uavxiohj vji qutovowit ug janep edjoiwinipv uwis vji gamm epf dunqmivi jotvusz ug janepovz? Us nezci vji iesvj?

Xjev esi xi, vji Emnohjvz, vjev xi dep muul gusxesf op voni vu fivisnopi vji eptxis?

Epf jux xuamf lpuxoph vjot eptxis djephi zuas mogi?

Vjot ot e catopitt gusan. Dep xi liiq ov vu e catopitt fotdattoup?

Xjev O fu lpux ot vjev op vji tqep ug vji metv 140 ziest xi jewi dunqmivimz djephif vji gedi ug vji qmepiv epf vji janep cufz ot pux cioph iyqutif vu vupt ug foggisipv lopft ug qummavepvt epf desdopuhipt up e feomz cetot vjev xet aplpuxp katv e tjusv xjomi ehu.
Up vji gmoq tofi, fotietit moli nemesoe esi cioph isefodevif epf hmucem quwisvz ot ximm up ovt xez vu cioph imonopevif.

Vji iphopi ug deqovemotn jet cuvj vji quxis vu fitvsuz vji xusmf epf tewi ov. Epf ot lopf ug fuoph cuvj tonamvepiuatmz.

Epf emm xi dep onqedv ot uas movvmi duspis et @XKL teof.

Fuit zuas qsufadv iyotv vjuahj?
Pu epf ji emtu raov xusloph up ov epf nuwif upvu tunivjoph imti, tu vjot mevitv qutv/sepv fuitp’v iwip neli tipti.

Ofiet fup’v nevvis, iyidavoup nevvist. Tjesl Vepl lovdjip haz ot uav vjisi iyidavoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back