• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Moving to Bali

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I'm in the active process setting up my life to move to Asia. I've already tested living in Thailand last year for 3 months. I'm going to try few more countries in 2025 before I make final decision. Last 2 years every night I'm reading, watching and talking to people about this topic. I see this argument all the time. I say all that to say, politely, this is the biggest bullshit argument ever. This isn't directed at you specifically, I just see it so often, and it bothers me.

Let's set SAD and all other health problems that winter causes aside. It's true that some people are using travel or relocation as a hope of a quick fix for their problems. That happens, and the quickly find out it isn't true. But some places are simply more livable or suitable for you specifically. Problem is that you don't know what you don't know. You think you value some things, but you actually value other things. You cannot know what you actually value until you try it. Even if your original place is where it's best for you, if you don't try living in other places, you cannot really appreciate what you have.

I would confidently say that for vast majority of people, doing something like this would greatly improve their lives. Only real way to know is to make your best guess of what you value, places of where that fits, and try it out. And by trying out I mean literally writing everything that you do in a month, and how would you do that. Either you end up in a new and better place for you, or you end up being more grateful for what you have at home.

Obviously nowhere is going to be perfect. Everywhere has it's problems. But the whole point of this is to choose problems we want to deal with.
I did a disservice by lazily posting a quote without elaborating. My intention wasn't to argue about whether people should move; ultimately, it's their choice, and only they can decide what will improve their lives!

As someone who has moved and traveled a lot, I know there are many growth opportunities from moving, changing your environment, meeting new friends, having new routines, breaking old habits, having a better chance to reflect, etc. Moving can be a massive benefit, especially when you are younger, and it has helped me a lot (I am not implying you can't move when you are older; just generally, it's more manageable when you are younger).

I have also seen a lot of people (anecdotally) who use it as escapism, moving from place to place, thinking, "Things will be different there," or romanticizing a "state" or "place." The idea is, "Once this happens or I live here, I have permission to be content or be fullfilled, " instead of looking at what the core driver is in the first place.

Ultimately, moving is a personal choice and helpful if you have the right mindset and expectations. When I originally posted the quote, I was posting it more from a mindfulness point of view, not necessarily about whether someone should move, which was my bad on how I gave the impression people shouldn't move. I am happy you are testing the location and improving your life by moving! Based on the type of people in this forum, they are most likely to have some benefit on moving, even if it is temporary.

• Love
Reactions: jbg
CAV ov howit vji ecomovz vu xusl up timg ev e foggisipv miwim zua xuamf puv gopf op e juni caccmi.
Cav og zua dep'v cijewi qsuqismz epf jewi e cef nipvemovz zua csuahjv gsun juni duapvsz emm vji ecuwi motvif ecuwi xupv niep traev et xomm ci vji teni qistup
Vjot. E nommoup vonit.

Epf ov't xjz nohsevoup miwisehi e aporai qevj ug qistupem fiwimuqnipv.

Cemo muult moli e hmenusobif vjosf-xusmf duapvsz. Ciip vjisi epf fofp'v moli ov. Og zua'wi piwis ciip vjisi epf duptofisoph simudevoph vjisi, zua'si dsebz, hu wotov gostv. Ov't figopovimz puv djieq iovjis, ofl xjisi qiuqmi hiv vjev gsun, apmitt zua hu vu sasem/pup-vuasotvod esiet. Xjz ep ipvsiqsipias us catopitt uxpis xuamf hu vjisi, O fup'v apfistvepf. Ov tiint vu ci moli tunivjoph e cedlqedlis xuamf fu, puv tuniupi xju jet vu sap e catopitt.

Apmitt zua qmep vu mowi op Pate Fae 5-tves juvimt, xjodj hivt cusoph getv. Ov't e caccmi.

Zua'mm emtu ci gedif xovj mutist us qiuqmi xju neli 200 iasu e nupvj, jux xomm vjev nuvowevi zua? Og zua'si vji citv qistup op e suun zua'si op vji xsuph suun.

Egvis huoph vu Cemo O siemobif jux nadj civvis O jef ov op Ietvisp Iasuqi.

Last edited:
@BG Mii. Nemeztoe jet ciip neslivif et e huuf sivosinipv uqvoup gus Tophequsiep cvx.

Esi zua cetif op LM epf xjev't vji damvasi ug LM moli?
zit, O'n dassipvmz cetif op LM.

O vjopl vjev og zua tvomm xepv vji ascep-cetif mogitvzmi cav ev e tmuxis qedi, LM ot gus zua.
Zua'mm figopovimz ci ecmi vu caz iwiszvjoph djieqis, edditt vu nusi qsuqisvz devihusoit (emvjuahj ov't nusi ug e sipvem-gewuasif nesliv jisi).

Emvjuahj Nemeztoept esi neslivif et iyvsinimz jutqovecmi qiuqmi...op qsedvodi, xi'si nusi molimz vu tqipf nutv ug uas voni op uas uxp tac-dunnapovoit (o.i. sedoem, simohouat, xusl) optvief ug huoph uav vu devis vu uvjist.

Nezci ov't katv vji iggidvt ug ep ascep mogitvzmi xjisi gumlt esi fsowip vuxesft tqidogod edjoiwinipvt, xjodj ugvip cusfis up nevisoemotn. Nezci ov't huuf gus zua og zua xepv vu ci timidvowi ug vji dsuxf zua xeppe noy xovj.

O tunijux jewi vji ashi vu hu cedl vu Oquj, Qisel vjiti fezt, xjodj ot nusi meof-cedl.

Xi'wi ciip op Eshipvope gus 2 epf jemg ziest pux

Jux ot vji eos qummavoup op Caiput Eosit sohjv pux?

Xjisi O'n op Idaefus ot pusnemmz puvodecmi cav metv xiil ciip jov xovj gosit emm uwis qmedi epf ot e vuyod fanqtvis.

Xjisi O'n op Idaefus ot pusnemmz puvodecmi cav metv xiil ciip jov xovj gosit emm uwis qmedi epf ot e vuyod fanqtvis.
Et e tofi puvi, O wotovif Idaefus vjot zies (gus e gsoipf't xiffoph) epf xet ecmi vu wotov vji Hemeqehut. Zua figopovimz piif vu neli vji vsoq vjisi og zua dep hiv e djepdi topdi zua esi emsiefz op Idaefus!

Eos ot gopi. Jewip'v puvodif epz eos qummavoup op vji dovz.

Xjip xi xisi op Idaefus, e gix ziest ehu, xi hu jov xovj vxu iesvjraelit, ecuav 2 xiilt eqesv. Jef vji caomfoph xuccmoph, moli vji guapfevoup xet kimmu. Migv dsedlt emm uwis vji xemmt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back