The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Music that Motivates

Sunscreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 1, 2015
That music video made itself to one of my YouTube playlists. Great stuff! Do you know any other ones like it?

This one isn't about overcoming the influence of gangs. It's about giving up drugs, haha. It's what came to mind when I saw that video. Still, it's about choices. Anyways, I don't think I posted it here yet.

Some more hardstyle...

and not hardstyle

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

I like the mind shift in Aaron Lewis's lyrics through the years. Its like you get a sense of before and after from when the money started coming in

Staind - Believe , 2008

Staind - Its Been A While , 2001

Staind - So Far Away , 2003

Modality laden vsl's anyone?

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
My Way (Frank Sinatra)
....... to remember me to live full every moment in my life "in my way" without regrets and remorse

The Final Count Down (Europe)
....... the suggestion of the music in the live concert

Caruso (Lucio Dalla)
...... the power of the music made from Italy to the infinity

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
thread necro +1

The new Tool album dropped a couple weeks ago, after 13 years of waiting. It's gone on to unseat T Swift as the #1 album, the first time in a year a rock album has been at the top.

Best track from the album, IMO

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ClCaPmAA7s

G

Guest3722A

Thank you so much to all of you for contributing to this thread. Music is really such a powerful force that does motivate me and many times can change my attitude from negative to positive. It's friendship will always be there for us.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here actually play an instrument or is in a band or musical group? I can honestly say that from my experience, the ability to perform, entertain and be creative within a group truly is an enjoyment that I wish everyone could experience. I don't really know how else to explain it except to say that I believe that it is good for the mind and spirit, and develops a different part of the person, and perhaps different abstracts of reasoning.

Anyway, fwiw, I use to be a drum instructor for several years and was a hired gun for a while with a couple symphony orchestras, not to mention I was a national drum-off champ and each and every one of my students has placed 1st, 2nd , or 3rd in competition, always, and if anyone is interested in getting to a level of performance, I would gladly e-teach you through the basics, and I would do it for no cost whatsoever for anyone here on this site.

Anyway...

Lamboman, I find it interesting how methodical you are with your music selection first for running, which keeps repeating the same build, with no resolve. I can definitely see how that would keep a person focused on long distances. And your selections for thought, with the dissonance of Hans Zimmer. Thank you and I tried to give you rep speed but a popup said that I couldn't because I gave you some speed previously but didn't mention it.

MJ, I truly feel your message with Stallone in his Lambo and his mansion toolin' around town like nobody's business. And the message of fight fight fight and never give up on the dream because there's nothing easy about getting there.

sswift, infinity, and SDJustin, if you guys get a second, would you mind posting links to the sound files and giving us a brief explanation of how these tunes inspire you.

I thank all of you for contributing and hope we will have many more contributions here of ALL music styles... If it moves ya, please post it!

My song that I posted above by queensryche, I didn't realize that the media source I selected was only going to play a portion of it so I apologize for the half-a**ed effort and I'm reposting it here, with a utube link: YouTube - Queensryche video - "Take Hold of the Flame" In this song, the 'flame' that the singer Geoff Tate is singing about in my interpretation is the fastlane. -Chris

G

Guest3722A

Kid Rock -American Badass

YouTube - Kid Rock - American Badass (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO WITH LYRICS)

The reason why Kid Rock aka Bobby is such an inspiration to me is because we use to jam in the same neighborhood way back in the day and back then, LA, New York and Seattle bands it seemed held the spotlight forever and outside of a couple of what we called, "tax write-off" bands (someone who would get signed but the label wouldn't put money into them), Detroit was dead on the map. I may be wrong but I believe the last artist to make it huge prior to him and MnM was Madonna in the 80s.

What's funny, and if anybody from back then reads this, I'm sure they'll get a laugh out of it too, but I use to work with Bobby's sister, and keep in mind he never EVER quit or gave up the dream so he had a couple minor label CDs out that were big in Detroit 10 years prior to his break out, but not National. But I asked her what she would do if he ever made it big, and her answer was, "My brother's a f'n a'hole"! lol... Bet she isn't saying that now

Anyway, for those of you who have musical ambitions and are talented enough to get a deal, what Kid Rock did to make an impression with the label was use the initial money the label gave him to buy his own CDs which inturn caused the label to put more money into him seeing that he was selling... :eusa_clap:

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Ronnie James Dio R.I.P.

Indeed, may he Rest in Peace-

Here are a couple of my favorites from him-

YouTube - Holy Diver - Dio Lyrics

YouTube - Lyrics :. Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell

I have always liked Jay-Z's music. This one pumps me up. (Explicit lyrics warning)

Jay-Z- Two of my favorite quotes from him below-

"I'm not a business man, I'm a business,man."

"Used to rock a throwback, ballin on the corner
Now I rock a teller suit looking like a owner."

YouTube - Jay-Z - Roc Boys (And The Winner Is...) WITH LYRICS!!!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
As posted in some other thread around here ...

YouTube - Rocky IV (Robert Tepper) - No Easy Way Out

My favorite movie scene, ever!!!!

Also I agree with It's My Life as well as Livin On A Prayer, Have A Nice Day and We Weren't Born To Follow by Bon Jovi!!!!

Been listening to a lot of comedy lately and almost forgot how much music helps through inspiration, back to Rocky here's a great one for my marathon training...

YouTube - Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)

G

Guest3722A

C9Consulting

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jul 4, 2010
Funny thing is, Drake is my "music that motivates"

Since I started listening to him in 2006 and to see him make the bright lights in 2009, it motivates me to have that same kind of perseverance. I mean come on...it took a lot of determination to shed that Degrassi image, and being from Canada in the music biz wasn't all too hot either.

G

Guest3722A

Out to Greg

Boston -More than a Feeling

YouTube - Boston- More Than A Feeling
I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away

It's more than a feeling
(More than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play
(More than a feeling)
I begin dreaming
(More than a feeling)
'Til I see Marianne walk away
I see my Marianne walkin' away

So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky

It's more than a feeling
(More than a feeling)
(More than a feeling)
I begin dreaming
(More than a feeling)
I see my Marianne walkin' away

When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away
She slipped away

It's more than a feeling
(More than a feeling)
(More than a feeling)
I begin dreaming
(More than a feeling)

More lyrics: Boston Lyrics

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Here are a few more motivational songs that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Let me know what you guys think!

Winner - Jamie Foxx ft Justin Timberlake and T.I.
[video=youtube;FD9Kb5RlsP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD9Kb5RlsP0[/video]

Winner Commercial on TNT to promote the NBA Playoffs (funny)
[video=youtube;hoToAqa8Pmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoToAqa8Pmc[/video]

Empire State of Mind - Jay Z ft. Alicia Keys
[video=youtube;0UjsXo9l6I8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8[/video]

K'NAAN - Wavin Flag (Coca Cola Remix)
[video=youtube;WTJSt4wP2ME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJSt4wP2ME[/video]

K'NAAN - Wavin' Flag (ft. Will.I.Am and David Guetta)
[video=youtube;amXeJrA-wDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amXeJrA-wDc[/video]

The following song is just a reminder and, for me, very moving.
[video=youtube;zlfKdbWwruY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY[/video]

Enjoy! Best regards.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Forgot to add 1 more..

A fun song about the DRIVERS not the usual " I buy a Lambo just cause I can" part. :urock2:

[video=youtube;rwII0k2bSpM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM[/video]

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Redline by Wolfgang Gartner - For all the EDM fans here…

I would go as far to say that this is my all time favorite song, in the sense that no matter how many times I hear it, I never tire of it.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.