The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My full planche achievement that gave me the confidence for entrepreneurship

cYn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 25, 2023
Achieving the full planche is one of my proudest event. It gave me the final stack of confidence to prove that I can achieve greatness if I commit to something hard for a long time. This process took me under 3 years.

It all started from an ACL injury. It required 2 surgeries. After my final surgery I was immobilized for the first few days. My loving wife had to help me shower and wipe me down. I felt helpless. That night I laid in bed and saw a Reddit post of an athlete performing the full planche pushup. I was awestruck at how amazing it looked. It didn't look real at all.

When healed from my surgery, I spent time studying up. I watched a few Chris Heria videos, learned about progression from easy to harder variations, and started training after a couple of days watching tutorial videos. The progression goes like this:

1. Be able to do pushups
2. Planche lean
3. Tuck planche
4. One leg planche
5. Straddle planche
6. Full planche
7. Full planche push up.

There are progressions between the full planche and full planche pushup but I'm skipping those details here.

I practiced every day since. Thinking back now I find it hard to believe how dedicated and committed I was. It's borderline insane to me. I did it every day. I first started practicing on the floor. Didn't need any expensive equipment because the floor is free. And thus my journey began.

Months 0 - 3

It was rough achieving the tuck planche. The tendons in my wrist has never supported this much weight before. It took 3 months to build it and finally got a good tuck planche going.

Months 4 - 8

This is where I graduated to one leg planche. Attempted the straddle planche many times but fell flat quick. One thing to note, regressions happen all the time and some days I can only do the tuck planche depending what I ate for the day, and how well I recovered.

Months 9 - 18

I graduated to straddle planche. I could feel the goal getting much closer. I was addicted. I felt like I went over the biggest hurdle and it's downhill/easier from here. Many attempts at the full planche but still far away.

Months 19 - 27

I did it. I performed the full planche. With a caveat that it's on parallette bars. But I did it. OMG. I dropped to the floor covering my face, tears welling. I know that the full planche looks cool. But let me tell you, it felt 10x cooler. I felt like I was flying, that I was defying gravity.

Months 28 - 31

I had to do it for real, which is performing the move on the floor. I continued going. But felt this achievement was trivial. At this point there were no more guessing or doubting. I knew what to do. It was effortless training. After all, I've been doing this ever day for 2 years now. When I achieved the floor full planche, there were no excitement needed. The achievement was mine well in advance of this, it was a matter of time.

Now we’re up to date. The full planche pushup continues to be a goal. However, it requires next level training and discipline. I’m chipping away at it.

Now I want to tie this to entrepreneurship, and this forum.

I finished MJ’s The Millionaire Fastlane half a year ago, and his book closely ties to the experience during my full planche journey.

I had a F*ck-this-event (feeling helpless from ACL injury). I wanted to be better and got inspired (Reddit post). Instead of drowning in research, social media content, or purchasing courses (action faking), I got started without any equipments.

For the first few weeks I saw good progression (tested the market) and decided to invest in equipments. I learned that you don't just try to do the full planche, but structure the training to progress through harder variations (focus on systems).

I yearned for the results (event), but I understand it requires raw work to get there (process). I committed to it every day with consistency, determination, and discipline (execution excellence).

My entire life revolved around this goal. It no longer involved exercising, but everything in my life. I had to make good choices (quality of your choice) like food, sleep, recovery and habits to support my goal.

In closing, I know that my fitness journey isn’t a predictor to my entrepreneur success. But it brought for me great confidence in myself to climb mountains.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
In closing, I know that my fitness journey isn’t a predictor to my entrepreneur success. But it brought for me great confidence in myself to climb mountains.
So you already know it. But! This is one of the best ways to fuel your confidence and it shows competence (at least in a domain) after lots of struggle, time, effort, and energy.

This shows not only determination for a goal, but determination for a better life.
I would definitely work with a guy like you. (the thing here is that I refuse to "make" money with people who don't care about their bodies).

I also respect the progress you have made, as I have been doing calisthenics since 2016 and I know how hard it is to master a skill. I won't go deeper into that as this forum is about entrepreneurship.

cYn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 25, 2023
This shows not only determination for a goal, but determination for a better life.
I would definitely work with a guy like you. (the thing here is that I refuse to "make" money with people who don't care about their bodies).
I really appreciate this. My parents came to the United States as immigrants. I was bullied in grade school because I didn't speak English well. That contributed to my low self esteem and confidence. Hearing that you would definitely work with me is so heart felt because that's the total opposite of my bully experience. I'm a lot better now in terms of believing in myself.

I also respect the progress you have made, as I have been doing calisthenics since 2016 and I know how hard it is to master a skill. I won't go deeper into that as this forum is about entrepreneurship.
Hey, this is a fitness sub-forum so I'd say talking calisthenics is fair game!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.