The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My introduction...

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 25, 2024
Hey everyone,

It's great to be on the forum! After briefly scrolling through there seems to be so much value in one place here, which I love. I can't wait to provide some of my own value and knowledge on here too, not saying I know much right now but happy to be involved in the community. Just finished reading TFL and had to come straight on here.

I'm a 19 year old at university dreading living a life on the sidewalk or the slowlane. A life like that has always sounded imprisoning to me and I'm determined to ride in the fast lane, like everyone else here.

I hope we can all help eachother out in achieving our dreams. Looking forward to speaking to you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard!

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Welcome... if you dread the idea of the sidewalk/slowlane at 19, you will also dread it at 30, so get moving and remember that time is on your side but won't be forever.

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 25, 2024
Welcome... if you dread the idea of the sidewalk/slowlane at 19, you will also dread it at 30, so get moving and remember that time is on your side but won't be forever.
Hey, I really appreciate the advice. Time is definitely on my side right now, as you said.
My first year of university is about to finish so I have a long summer to get the ball rolling as fast as possible. But you’re completely right, it won’t stay that way so I know I need to act fast.
I feel advantageous that being young I don’t have many responsibilities so the risk of starting my own businesses is very minimal. Again, it won’t stay like this so I’m acting fast before I have too many responsibilities and a lot to lose.
Thanks for the comment!

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Hey, I really appreciate the advice. Time is definitely on my side right now, as you said.
My first year of university is about to finish so I have a long summer to get the ball rolling as fast as possible. But you’re completely right, it won’t stay that way so I know I need to act fast.
I feel advantageous that being young I don’t have many responsibilities so the risk of starting my own businesses is very minimal. Again, it won’t stay like this so I’m acting fast before I have too many responsibilities and a lot to lose.
Thanks for the comment!

I was in your exact shoes once - finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane as a freshman in college. Started a website and wanted to avoid the script, ended up getting three F's and almost failed out. Luckily righted my sails and finished up college while still chipping away at the fastlane mindset/ideas. It is a great time to dive in as your responsibilities are light and college work is easy. Focus up but also enjoy your time. I am also now back in college working on a masters part time. Cheers.

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 25, 2024
I was in your exact shoes once - finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane as a freshman in college. Started a website and wanted to avoid the script, ended up getting three F's and almost failed out. Luckily righted my sails and finished up college while still chipping away at the fastlane mindset/ideas. It is a great time to dive in as your responsibilities are light and college work is easy. Focus up but also enjoy your time. I am also now back in college working on a masters part time. Cheers.
It's cool to hear some of your story too, I hope your masters is going well mate. What are you studying?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...