The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Manager is paying for my training what would be best to learn?

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Hi

Recently my manager brought up the topic of training and is willing at the companies expense to send me on some courses, they are not too fussed what I choose so long as it can be of some benefit to them through my work.

My first thought is Project Management (something accredited like PRINCE2). Does anybody know any good accredited training centres in the UK or preferably west midlands who I can choose?

Also they want me to go on 2-4 different courses any fastlaners know any good skills to learn to leverage my way into the fastlane and perhaps recommend some accredited places in the UK or even some distance learning for any soft skills?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
If I could swing it, I would go for Carnegie Course training. It us apparently very good at building people skills and public speaking skills, which are awesome to have at work and even better to have when building a fastlane. As for PMP stuff, I would skip it unless getting your certification is something you really, really want to do. Its great for finding a job, the knowledge sans certification can probably be gained for free online, and would be less useful for an entrepreneur.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Im way off base.

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
So far Ive going to submit this to my manager, my deadline is 27/06/16:

Prince2 Foundation+Practitioner - seen as one of most valuable slowlane qualifications for management and the IT team are getting one done on site so a no brainer really considering i can do it in office hours

Six sigma Green Belt - This is a top I personally would like to explore and already apply somewhat to everyday tasks to improve efficiency and feel as though can help with my future business building.

Soft Skills - Copywriting (or any variant of written commmunication) Anyone know any good places in UK, Dale Carnegie is a bit pricey so don't think company would cover it

Please let me know your ideas or if you have done any courses you would recommend

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Paid search or Facebook advertising.

I did project management, ITIL, Oracle courses. Meh... great if you want to be an employee.

If you can help the business generate more business, they'll see the value in you rather than just the cost.

It will allow you to help other businesses on the side, and maybe your own business if you get one off the ground.

You'll also be picking up sales and marketing skills/knowledge/experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.