The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My "Only $19.95!" Idea

Idea threads

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
Definitely not on the same level as Hakrjak's laundry idea, but thought I'd see what people think of this "Only $19.95!" idea I thought of recently.

A lot of people have cars with hydraulic hatchbacks. Some people have trucks with a cover/camper on back with the same hydraulic mechanism that is SUPPOSED to keep the lid UP. But what happens over time? The hydraulics lose their effectiveness, and the lid never stays up (video: a woman [or man!] with a handful of groceries opening their hatchback only to have it shut on them).

===================

Introducing "The Clamp". With this remarkable device, your headaches - sometimes literally! - are over. Just lift the hatchback, simply move the clamp in place, and with a easy "click" you're hatchback will now stay open.

(blah, blah, blah) ...

But wait - that's not all! Order today and we'll add xxxxxxxxxxxx (some other cheap but useful gadget I haven't decided on yet) for FREE!

(talk about that gadget) ...

You get "The Clamp" and xxxxxxxxxxxxx all for only $19.95.

But that's still not all! Order today and we'll double the offer! That's right - TWO "The Clamp"'s and two xxxxxxxxxxxx's - ALL for an incredible $19.95.

==================

Yes, this is true. I have a rather lame prototype of "The Clamp", but it needs some refining to make retail ready. I have a couple of ideas for the "bonus" item, but want to make it both useful AND cheap.

Comments? Suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have experience with this issue -- I used to stick a 2X4 wooden block into the hatch gap.

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
hah... i have that problem now and looking into buying a part for it. Onetime the damn thing fell on my head. lol...

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I have experience with this issue -- I used to stick a 2X4 wooden block into the hatch gap.

LOL. My FIL did this for 2-3 YEARS with the truck he had.

Onetime the damn thing fell on my head. lol...

I guess one could say "beaten into your head" was literally what gave me this idea. :smx4:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
You have been watching the TV show "Pitchmen", haven't you? :)

There certainly could be a market for your idea. The next step is probably determining the size of your market and how receptive they would be to your product...

How do you plan to do your market research?

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ

and i had a problem with watching TV and keeping warm, tried a blanket, but couldn't use the remote without my hands getting cold, then I tried a bath-robe, but it wasn't warm enough, if only someone could invent something that was a combination of both :p

in all seriousness though, it's a great idea as those hydro lifts are pretty expensive and not everyone carries a "prop" item with them. It'd even be interesting to see any statistics on how many injuries are caused by faulty lifts or even improperly seated "props" such as 2x4's, baseball bats, broomsticks, etc that come loose.

speedingpenguin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Apr 19, 2009
I work in the retail auto parts business, and I think you'll do great with this!
"Saggy headliner tacks" are an example of this sort of product. And they seem to sell pretty well!
Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.