The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

**My Profitable Proposal For Those that Can Think In The FAST LANE**

Anything related to investing, including crypto
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Before I start, I know I don’t really have any posts, it’s because I’m new to the whole investment thing so try not to judge me on it. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this, so please bear with me. Also I don’t expect everyone to understand my position; only open minded, strategic and visionary people will be able to understand. You will understand 110% after I provide more insight to legitimate investors, in private. I will try to be as detailed as possible with my proposal without giving away my ideas and secrets to the public.

Here it goes. I have a company that has an incredibly small chance of failing. It will generate up to 1 million dollars by 2015.

First there’s a little about me that you should know.

I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state. (Autographs and all) I have been in the nightlife industry since 15 and rose to the top of it as the #1 promoter in my state, throwing one of most successful events of the year 2012, on my own. Throughout these years I have made the connections and gathered the knowledge to make my company possible. Without my company, right now I am able to make six figures in the nightlife/entertainment industry but that isn’t what I want. I am now 21 years old and a junior in college. I decided to take a semester off for this, and now I see that I will not have to go back to college.

I will be a famous performer in a few months, the first of my kind. My company is a record label and event company in one. Both parts of the company are the first of their kind in a market that is aching for a company like this to take flight and a market that is EXTREMELY easy to make money in right now, especially for me. For those who aren’t informed on the music market, the Electronic Dance Music (EDM) industry recently experienced a HUGE explosion in the United States. It’s becoming the most dominant form of music over all other genres and has dramatically transformed the cultures of our upcoming generations. This is now the music new generations grow up on. The attendance of EDM events and sales of records have increases as dramatic as 100% spikes. The flourishing of this market is not over... my company is the last ingredient to the final expansion of this cultural phenomenon, expanding electronic dance music to its fullest potential, they need us.

I have one artists signed, and he is going to turn the entire electronic dance music industry upside down. He is a star and with the right funds, if I had to say where he truly belonged, it would be elaborate Las Vegas performances. There will be 7 artists of this caliber in total, all serving a specific purpose. I have figured out the industry, I have skills to my arsenal that some people don’t even think exist or would even try and as far as my ambition for the company, I would die for it. The specific vision for this company is not only profitable, its genius.
Since I’m just a college student and I work 16-20 hours daily on my company I don't have time for a part time job. This is making it hard to fund what I need right now as I cannot go back to nightlife until this company is up and running. Essentially, with our performance abilities, revolutionary marketing campaign and connections I will be able to fund the company on my own but that isn't till launch.

One big element that has made this possible is our viral marketing. Our marketing campaign is so advanced, so accurate, it has gathered our entire niche market in the United States of America, and has prepared it for a time release and specific geographical dispensing over the course of 4 months. It has taken me 6 months working rigorously every day to prepare it and has not started yet. It is almost like an atomic bomb, and has not been attempted in the electronic dance music industry ever before, and probably never in any industry at all. It is about one week away from starting. It’s going to target millions of people at an alarming rate, making us huge. With a combination of this and our strong profitable abilities, success is inevitable.

The rough estimate of a 1 million dollar net worth by 2015 would be a combination of performances, large events, record sales, and merchandise. The average famous DJ in electronic dance music gets anywhere from $10,000-$50,000 a performance. A big famous DJ in EDM can get paid up to $500,000 for a 2 hour performance. A small EDM event can pay from $15,000-$30,000. A large event can pay up to $6,000,000 in profit for one 3 day event, (this number is growing). We will be doing performances across the United States for the duration of the year 2014 on our U.S tour as well as shooting a mini reality series. These performances in combination with record sales, small events and merchandise have the potential to realistically generate $500,000 –$ 1,000,000 by 2015. Once this money is acquired the company will further expand.

What I need is just enough money for custom SEO marketing software, money to pay some people that are going to do big things for us, and money for just one piece of equipment for me and one piece of equipment for my first artist. Each of these pieces of equipment might need to be designed by professionals and are essential key elements in our performances. So in total we'd probably be asking 7k-14k in exchange for a percentage of the company. Of course if you are interested in this deal, you will be filled in on all the details you need to make further judgments. I would never have an investor blind about anything and in fact, whoever I choose will be updated every step of the way. We will keep a close relationship and everything can be done under contract under mutually agreed terms.

I know this thread will be very controversial, as my claims are large. But everything I said is real. Whoever gives the best and most credible interest to my proposal won’t be left up in the air on anything and will be a part of the growing of this company, as a partner and as a part of a team. If you are LEGITAMATELY interested in investing in a company with this much potential and you possess the funds to invest, post if you are seriously considering. Please be polite with responses. If you are, I can then inform you on any questions you have at all about the company and more in depth on myself and the company’s talents and abilities in confidentiality.

Thank you all for your time, with sincerity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
"fluff, fluff, fluff... I need money"

Maybe you have a good idea, maybe you don't. But your post said nothing, so people won't be able to tell.

If you have a good idea— it's easy to raise money for it. If you make it extremely difficult to tell if you have a good idea— people with money don't go through the work to figure it out. Describe in 1-2 short paragraphs exactly how you will make investors money and it's going to be substantially more productive than talking about atomic bombs that are going to go off when you launch.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I had to stop reading because the incredible size of your ego was blocking most of the text.

Also, a million in revenue by 2015? GTFO. That's not a big business, that's a small, independent business for one, two, or three people.

As for being polite, I'm being polite to the other forum members in advising them not to consider your offer. :thumbsup:

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
So in total we'd probably be asking 7k-14k in exchange for a percentage of the company.

If your idea is so grand, go get a line of credit. 14K is a small price to pay for a company that has no chance at failing, don't you think?

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
It is almost like an atomic bomb, and has not been attempted in the electronic dance music industry ever before, and probably never in any industry at all. It is about one week away from starting. It’s going to target millions of people at an alarming rate, making us huge.
You should really work on your pitch. Then you go on about this:
The rough estimate of a 1 million dollar net worth by 2015 would be a combination of performances, large events, record sales, and merchandise.

Like dknise, said.

One million dollars by 2015 isn't really that big.

So, you're talking about atomic bombs and then you say
that the figure is 1 million dollars by 2015.

Something just smells funny to me.

Maybe you could send some big names a demo/sample(whatever it's called) of the music
you are about to release to the world?

Better yet, just hit up someone like Rick Rubin or something.

Try twitter or something.

If it's the kind of atomic bombs that you state.

Then, he will be interested to give you the money and maybe
cut you a good deal on the spot.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
**My Profitable Proposal to INVESTORS that Can Think In The FAST LANE**

Do you even know what the Fastlane is?

I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state. (Autographs and all)

Let me guess: You were once the star quarterback in high school who is now finding out that the real world doesn't give a shit.

I had to stop reading because the incredible size of your ego was blocking most of the text.

Ditto.

14K is a small price to pay for a company

$14k should be a piss in the bucket for a local celebrity.

This forum isn't BS'd so easily.

Whoever gives the best and most credible interest to my proposal won’t be left up in the air on anything and will be a part of the growing of this company

How many sales have you made? Revenues? Profit?

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
"fluff, fluff, fluff... I need money"

Maybe you have a good idea, maybe you don't. But your post said nothing, so people won't be able to tell.

If you have a good idea— it's easy to raise money for it. If you make it extremely difficult to tell if you have a good idea— people with money don't go through the work to figure it out. Describe in 1-2 short paragraphs exactly how you will make investors money and it's going to be substantially more productive than talking about atomic bombs that are going to go off when you launch.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. Why it might sound like fluff is only because I tried to explain the potential of the company without giving away key secrets. I'm trying to narrow down who I disclose crucial information to, to potential investors.

But in a very short statement. It would be i'm going to make investors money from the revenue the company will generate through mine and my artists paid performances, record sales online, royalty checks from the radio, money from 'small edm events' (which I have been doing for years), and sales from merchandise. We have revolutionary performances, broad connections, lots of experience and tons of knowledge. This field is home to me as Investing is to you.

Also, a million in revenue by 2015? GTFO. That's not a big business, that's a small, independent business for one, two, or three people.

Sorry if it looked like I had a large ego..it's hard to explain the potential of my company and the confidence I have in it without seeming at least a little over-confident.

We launch close to 2014 and by 2015 a million revenue I think is a good start. Lots of people in the music industry can't even achieve a million in revenue over the course of their lives. It can go faster than that but I want to be realistic with the numbers I give out. This would only be the start. Once the company is actually established I have much much bigger plans than generating income from mostly performances, it will be much more than 1 million. That's when my hard work really starts.

If your idea is so grand, go get a line of credit. 14K is a small price to pay for a company that has no chance at failing, don't you think?

Well I'm a student and I just got my first debit card, I haven't really established any credit yet.

If you're so fnkin big why do you need 14k?
Smells like bull

No, I couldn't finish the whole thing either.

lol if you had read the entire post you would have seen that I need the 14k to become 'big', then the rewards will come back to the investor.

You should really work on your pitch. Then you go on about this:
Like dknise, said.
One million dollars by 2015 isn't really that big.

So, you're talking about atomic bombs and then you say
that the figure is 1 million dollars by 2015.

Something just smells funny to me.

Maybe you could send some big names a demo/sample(whatever it's called) of the music
you are about to release to the world?

Better yet, just hit up someone like Rick Rubin or something.

Try twitter or something.

If it's the kind of atomic bombs that you state.

Then, he will be interested to give you the money and maybe
cut you a good deal on the spot.

Don't mean it to sound funny, I tried to be as realistic with the numbers as possible, it can definitely blow up faster than I announced and I have already prepared for that, but I don't want to make promises that I am unsure of.

To your music suggestion, in the industry you want to be heard about and approached first if it's possible, not be another guy trying to get a big guy to listen to his music. This makes sending big names music is almost useless if you plan to make a real impact fast., which we are.

Thank you all for ideas about ways to find investments though. I came here because I knew you guys would help either way by investing or giving good advice.

Let me guess: You were once the star quarterback in high school who is now finding out that the real world doesn't give a shit.

$14k should be a piss in the bucket for a local celebrity.

This forum isn't BS'd so easily.

lmao yes i was :) hahah I was a local celeb in the nightlife/entertainment industry.

Not really a piss in a bucket. I can make it through one event with about 2-3 weeks promotion. But as I said in my post, I cannot return to the nightlife industry until this company launched. I kind of made a dramatic exit and cut myself off from the world in order to work on this company so rigorously. Many elements involved in that. No BS brother.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Whats wrong with crowdfunding? If your a local celebrity wouldn't you be able to raise that much money in a snap on Kickstarter or something???

I think you would be an ideal crowd-funding candidate.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Funny how this is a forum for people to come share their ideas and gain constructive criticism and support, yet when someone comes by with a radical idea, all they get is scorn and hate. A simple no, or not replying would be fine, but is it really necessary for everyone (including the founder of the forum) to comment ripping apart the user who started the thread?

There becomes a point when the forum becomes less beneficial and more a group of individuals who think they are better than everyone else and let their arrogance get the best of them.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Kickstarter it.

Then you'll know.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Whats wrong with crowdfunding? If your a local celebrity wouldn't you be able to raise that much money in a snap on Kickstarter or something???

I think you would be an ideal crowd-funding candidate.

Can you please explain? I'm new the investment thing.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
Never use "SEO" and "Small Risk of Failing" in the same sentiment my friend.

I know a Nigerian Bank Manager that will send you the cash no problem actually! PM me for details!

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Write him a check and you can hang with him

No Thanks.

young yes. naive, not so much. i'm going to be a powerhouse in my industry.

Ok, you are naive in the ways of asking for money, which I would bet will translate to you being naive in business. Not a good investment for anyone. You got the self promotion/tooting your own horn down though.

Hopefully your self confidence will get you there. But you might want to learn how to pitch an idea first.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Funny how this is a forum for people to come share their ideas and gain constructive criticism and support, yet when someone comes by with a radical idea, all they get is scorn and hate. A simple no, or not replying would be fine, but is it really necessary for everyone (including the founder of the forum) to comment ripping apart the user who started the thread?

There becomes a point when the forum becomes less beneficial and more a group of individuals who think they are better than everyone else and let their arrogance get the best of them.

Many people come to this forum, share their ideas, get constructive criticism, and a lot is said, shared, and learned. When someone posts a TLDR of I'm a f***in celebrity and the coolest thing that has ever happened to this world so give me money... we're smacking him back to reality. The constructive criticism we can give back in this situation is that he's an egotistical maniac blowing smoke up people's a$$ on a forum online. That's the constructive criticism. It may sound cynical, but it's the truth, and a pill that needs to be swallowed in order to progress forward.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
yet when someone comes by with a radical idea, all they get is scorn and hate.

Sorry bro, but his *radical idea* is not the cause for scorn and hate. You know what is? Attitude. Arrogance. Lack of due diligence. Lack of respect for the forum. And lack of respect for the forum owner, who BTW, didn't create this forum to be a pitch fest for drive-by posters.

Hopefully your self confidence will get you there. But you might want to learn how to pitch an idea first.

Kickstarter it.

And yes it would be perfect, but please take Jack's advice before doing so.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa

Also google Tim Ferris' article on hacking kickstarter.

A million by 2015? So? I know of a business that went too $700k a month profit in 12 months and is legitimately in position to be a $60 mil company in the next 2 years.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Many people come to this forum, share their ideas, get constructive criticism, and a lot is said, shared, and learned. When someone posts a TLDR of I'm a f***in celebrity and the coolest thing that has ever happened to this world so give me money... we're smacking him back to reality. The constructive criticism we can give back in this situation is that he's an egotistical maniac blowing smoke up people's a$$ on a forum online. That's the constructive criticism. It may sound cynical, but it's the truth, and a pill that needs to be swallowed in order to progress forward.

Agreed. It is one thing to come to the forum, and ask for criticism of ones idea and plan. It is a completely different story to come here and ask complete strangers for money for a supposed "million dollar scheme" without even making a proper introduction. The real world is harsh, I would hope this place would reflect upon that.

OP, you said you just got your first debit card? Why would anyone in their right mind invest a measly $14k in someone with no history or documented proof? I think it is a real shot in the dark. Here, more like an impossibility.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa

OP, you said you just got your first debit card? Why would anyone in their right mind invest a measly $14k in someone with no history or documented proof? I think it is a real shot in the dark. Here, more like an impossibility.

Zen has pretty well convinced me nothing is impossible other than maybe dribbling a football. But unless this guy learns to pitch, he doesn't have a prayer in hell.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Never use "SEO" and "Small Risk of Failing" in the same sentiment my friend.

I know a Nigerian Bank Manager that will send you the cash no problem actually! PM me for details!

SEO can be used in the same sentence if you have come up with something as large as I have in involving it. Thanks, PMed.

Ok, you are naive in the ways of asking for money, which I would bet will translate to you being naive in business. Not a good investment for anyone. You got the self promotion/tooting your own horn down though.

lol you are making assumptions of little information about me, if you were one of the investors that have already decided to join me, you would know too that everything I said that is going to happen, is going to happen. My pitch is limited because I am not disclosing key information to my success in public, Which would be the factor that would drive my pitch in the first place.

You are being rude. I actually gave everyone background information about myself. This is reality and I am going to make it in this industry very shortly. How you feel about that is your own matter, my friend. And as far as blowing smoke up people's asses. In depth, concrete, facts and ideas are being filled in with investors who want to take the next step of the process. They are filled in on every detail, and then they can make their judgement whether to go through with investing or not, they aren't asked to make any commitments before this point. :)

Sorry bro, but his *radical idea* is not the cause for scorn and hate. You know what is? Attitude. Arrogance. Lack of due diligence. Lack of respect for the forum. And lack of respect for the forum owner, who BTW, didn't create this forum to be a pitch fest for drive-by posters.
And yes it would be perfect, but please take Jack's advice before doing so.

Well, I have much respect for the forum and all of its creators and posters. This is why I am not a drive by poster. I'm here to become apart of this community. I've been reading a lot here and found useful content.
I see a kick starter would be one good option for me. Thank you for that as well.

Google crowdfunding. Google Kickstarter. And maybe look over the info on the following links.

Top 10 Crowdfunding Sites For Fundraising - Forbes

Crowdfunding | Inc.com

Thank you very much. Plus Rep.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Curious... Why hasn't your local celebrity status produced any investors? Here your issue will be credibility. At home (the geography in which you are a celebrity) you should easily be able to overcome a credibility gap. Have you approached individuals familiar with your track record? Friends? Family? HS buddies? Coworkers?

Serious question.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

:bgh:

Hopefully you understand better after reading MJ's and dknise response.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Curious... Why hasn't your local celebrity status produced any investors? Here your issue will be credibility. At home (the geography in which you are a celebrity) you should easily be able to overcome a credibility gap. Have you approached individuals familiar with your track record? Friends? Family? HS buddies? Coworkers?

Serious question.

I've designed my company in a time release geographical dispensing in which the people in my state will hear about it last out of everyone in the united states. I'm hitting my most intimately connected fans with the 'surprise factor'. I don't come from any money or fortune.. my family is all middle class and I try to help my mother out when I can, she struggles. My friends don't have any money either. I'm 21 and I have distanced myself from everyone in order to be able to work this hard. The only people that could have been a possibility would be people in my industry and I don't want any of them knowing how I did it and not to mention they aren't really the most trust-able people in the world, they would be the ones to attempt to steal my ideas.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

It's because posters don't let fluffy/hype posts fly around here that Fastlane is a high quality forum. If threads like this ran rampart, all the high quality users would leave and it would be like every other forum, where a bunch of people who don't know what they're talking about are giving each other advice on how to sell ebooks.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
You are being rude. I actually gave everyone background information about myself. This is reality and I am going to make it in this industry very shortly. How you feel about that is your own matter, my friend. And as far as blowing smoke up people's asses. In depth, concrete, facts and ideas are being filled in with investors who want to take the next step of the process. They are filled in on every detail, and then they can make their judgement whether to go through with investing or not, they aren't asked to make any commitments before this point. :)

My time is very valuable, so the fact that I take time to reply to you means I do actually care about your success on some level.

I'm going to quote you on exactly where you need to be more humble and honest. If you threw that pitch up on Kickstarter, people would think the exact same things I'm thinking right now.
I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state. (Autographs and all)
I will be a famous performer in a few months, the first of my kind.
Since I’m just a college student and I work 16-20 hours daily on my company I don't have time for a part time job.
BS btw, unless you're skipping class. Also you must consider eating, showering, doing dishes, doing laundry work, otherwise that time schedule just doesn't work out.
I know this thread will be very controversial, as my claims are large.
It's not the thread or the idea that makes it controversial, it's your attitude. I'm not saying this to be an a**hole, I'm saying this because it's honestly what you need to hear to be successful.
it’s because I’m new to the whole investment thing so try not to judge me on it
Which you responded with:
young yes. naive, not so much. i'm going to be a powerhouse in my industry.
Say what?

I will try to be as detailed as possible with my proposal without giving away my ideas and secrets to the public.
We have a little joke about this. It's that someone has a million dollar idea for a social network, but for cats, and before they even tell you about it, they have you sign an NDA and contract rights to your first born.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
You should invest in his idea. Tell us how it goes.

Funny how this is a forum for people to come share their ideas and gain constructive criticism and support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.