What's new

My turning point in online marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

JayMark

New Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
50%
I just want to use this as a journal since I have funding to do an online business right now.

Here's a quick back story:

2005-2009 I was yo-yo in the internet marketing scene. Made a few bucks here and there and starting out affiliate marketing. I didn't make crazy money but let's just say my best day was $900 but I broke even because I couldn't figure out how to track. Probably had revenue of $5k in 2 weeks. Fell apart since money was my issue.

And as a college student at the time, I ran out of money since I was broke that time. My best profit day was $0 to $800. Sad to say that I did do a few blackhat but those days are well over.

Dropped out of the online marketing game and continued college since I didn't have enough funds. I went on a life adventure and traveled the world.

In 2012 up until now I used my hobby to gain followers on IG. I don't make money but I'm considered an influencer so I get a lot of free stuff :)

Jan. 2016 left my day job, went on a 2 week cruise and Feb 2016 joined a "start up" with 2 of my past co workers at the same day job. It's fun just 3 guys with 1.3 mil in revenue (2018 expected 1.6m) . Construction so don't think it's crazy money. Profit wasn't too much. But all went back to inventory so end of day nothing really was in the pockets. I don't get shares but life is pretty flexible. I thought it was unfair but this is where it became valuable because it inspired me to get out of it. Made more than my past day job.

----------
June 2017 - My fiancee and I opened up a salon which we bought from a lady and we put another 15k on improvements. Family funded. I thought it was the dumbest idea because there's 5 other salons next to each other. She said "I'd rather fail than not do anything" and that was the end of it.

Today, the salon has 5/5 stars on yelp 60+ reviews, profitable with 5 employees + myself who does the back end work. Debt is paid for in a year. No paid marketing

So...... I'm getting tired of the start up/ day job even though it's flexible and I have a say in everything. Got a bit depressed even though I have a lot going on and the best opportunities someone can get as a worker.

I just feel like I can do more and want to be 100% on my own.

Current working hours week is : Day Job = 50, Salon = 25-30
Online = 15-20 hours (4 hrs /week) and multi tasking during these 2 jobs above

The actual online business

I'll be doing this in phases.

Phase # 1 -

I want to dropship (aliexpress) this certain household product via facebook ads and shopify. Spent $80 on competitor products. Read a lot on how everything works with strategies .

Already got the product costs via Alibaba and I don't want to spend the $1,800 to meet the MOQs because I haven't proven it will sell yet. Competition isn't too bad and there's only a few companies who does FB ads for it. Again this is going to be brand.

End of the day this isn't a "get rich" quick scheme for me, its going to be long term, IF I get it to work.

Phase #2 - 1-4 months, Test Test Test. Budget $5,000 @ $1,000/month, additional $7,000 if needed so total $12,000 to risk. Going to be a bit careful and not to blow all this money. If I can get away with $10/day I will but we'll see.

My goal is to break-even or at least get close to it to see if it works. Since I have no numbers right now I have a lot unknowns. Scaling will be around this time.

Phase #3 If I do break even and get to scale, I will private label the product and get the first shipment by either Oct/Nov. I hope to get this during the holiday rush but I don't know yet. At the same time planning on getting this on Amazon FBA and getting all the necessary trademarks etc. I'm aware it may take even longer.

Phase #4 Scaling and getting more products in. There's a chance I can also work B2B for this and since I do have B2B sales experience I might be able to pull more traction there.

So far my set up is

Facebook Ads - Need creatives/video/Ad sets/ for Cold leads, retarget, etc
Influencers - Need to contact
Shopify - 50% done, need to take pics/video / ab cart/

To be continued when I get more into it.......

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jumaq zua huppe sotl 12l? Csu zua jef civvis puv geom. Nz fanc qjomutuqjz ot, fup'v vjsux nef nupiz opvu xjev ot puv xusloph apvom ov tjuxt tuni qsuhsitt. Cetodemmz, opdsieti zuas tveli xjip zua esi xopoph epf fidsieti xjip zuas esi muutoph. cav vjip eheop en puv taddittgam ipuahj vu dmeon ov xuslt

Jumaq zua huppe sotl 12l? Csu zua jef civvis puv geom. Nz fanc qjomutuqjz ot, fup'v vjsux nef nupiz opvu xjev ot puv xusloph apvom ov tjuxt tuni qsuhsitt. Cetodemmz, opdsieti zuas tveli xjip zua esi xopoph epf fidsieti xjip zuas esi muutoph. cav vjip eheop en puv taddittgam ipuahj vu dmeon ov xuslt

Ziej O'n huoph vu ci tvesvoph uav tmux up vjot upi.

$5/fez
$10/fez
$15/fez
aq vu $30/fez up vitvoph uvjisxoti xomm nuwi vu epuvjis podji.

Vji gapfoph ot katv iyvse up ov epf og ov fuitp'v xusl O dep emxezt emmudevi vu epuvjis podji . Vjeplt vjuahj! Eqqsidoevi ov

Ziej O'n huoph vu ci tvesvoph uav tmux up vjot upi.

$5/fez
$10/fez
$15/fez
aq vu $30/fez up vitvoph uvjisxoti xomm nuwi vu epuvjis podji.

Vji gapfoph ot katv iyvse up ov epf og ov fuitp'v xusl O dep emxezt emmudevi vu epuvjis podji . Vjeplt vjuahj! Eqqsidoevi ov

Nelit tipti. Huuf madl

Zua'wi qsucecmz vjuahjv ecuav vjot, cav ov't xusvj etloph: xjz puv miwisehi vji temup vu caomf ep idunnisdi tvusi xovj qsowevi csepf qsufadvt?

Zua'wi qsucecmz vjuahjv ecuav vjot, cav ov't xusvj etloph: xjz puv miwisehi vji temup vu caomf ep idunnisdi tvusi xovj qsowevi csepf qsufadvt?

Tasi vjot xet nz usohopem qmep. O jef nz xic tovi aq ev vji 50% nesl epf fidofif vu fovdj ov. Cav puv tezoph O xup'v fu ep idunnisdi tvusi gus cieavz qsufadvt. Iwip nz tjuqogz tvusi tvomm jet vji tacfuneop ettudoevif xovj ov. O fof opraosi ecuav qsufadvt vjev xi pusnemmz ati xovj ep onqsuwif wistoup epf ov't ciip qsuwip peom vidj fof moli ov epf etl. Tu vjot xuamf ci nusi ug e C2C.

Vji neshopt xisi tnemmis cav vjisi't uvjis qsufadvt vjev duamf xusl, O katv fup'v jewi ipuahj tqedi gus ov.

Nz datvunist ev vji temup xomm puv ci vji datvunist vjev xomm caz vji qsufadvt cav tnemmis tjuqt tadj et nz dunqivovoup. Gus pux O'n katv vitvoph xjev O dep hiv xovj e quttocmz e fidipv sivasp.

Jisi't nz aqfevi gus 8/12.

O xotj O jef siwipai vu siqusv cav ov vuul ni e gix xiilt gsun nz usohopem qutv vu hiv vjot xic tovi aq epf sappoph. Et zua dep tii ov't ciip e muph voni topdi O aqfevif, O movisemmz jewi ciip cemepdoph nz fez kuc + temup.

Jisi't xjev nz mogi muult moli op vji metv nupvj , 50jst.xl Fez kuc, 20-25jst/xl op vji temup epf O xusl ecuav 20-25 juast x/l up vjot , ataem voni ot 6qn vu nofpohjv xovj foppis

O tqipv tu ges up iyqiptit

$29/nupvj Nez vu Kamz Tjuqogz
$49/nupvj Eah Tjuqogz xovj vji effovoup ug Hinqehit xjodj O'mm iwipvaemmz fovdj updi O hiv e civvis fitohp tu O fup'v jewi vu qez nupvjmz
Funeop $10.98
Dunqivovus qsufadvt + emo iyqsitt qsufadvt = $142.51
Tjavvistvudl = $49
Gowws = $30
Juni fiquv (gus qsufadv qjuvuhseqjz ati) $105
Qjuvuhseqjz mohjv cuy FOZ = $20 (O emsiefz jewi mohjvt/hsiip tdsiip gsun qsiwouat qsukidvt epf O jewi e Depup v2o)

O gopemmz meapdjif metv pohjv ev 1en tapfez.

Tvomm nittoph esuapf xovj gedicuul eft, tu ges vufez tqipv $27 op emnutv e 24js qisouf.
Vjot nupvj us ev mietv gsun Eah 12-Tiqv 12, O'n qsucecmz huoph vu tqipf $1,500 up eft (vitv raodlis tu O hiv "giim") epf veqis ugg fuxp vu 1l/nupvj fiqipfoph up vji sitamvt.

Vufez O jef e gix iphehinipvt / tjesit cav pu EVD ziv

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom