What's new

Navigating Entrepreneurship, Studies, Volunteer Passion, and New Relationships: Seeking Guidance

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

clausi

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Hello, I am Claus, 24 from Germany, navigating through a dynamic and complex phase of life. My current activities span across entrepreneurship, volunteering, personal relationships, and academic pursuits.

I have stakes in two start-ups - a photography agency, which I want to turn into a platform, where I currently spend most of my time but only own a share of 10% and an IT/web design business, (20% share) where I contribute my expertise in IT infrastructure and business management. There we have some pro bono projects going on but I also had some contract work with 80€/h. My involvement in these businesses, however, does not overshadow my true passion: volunteer work and politics. Although I am concerned about its financial sustainability, volunteering and politics are where my heart truly lies.

Recently, my personal life has been enriched with a new relationship. My girlfriend, a Master's student, has become a significant part of my life, and I find myself wishing to spend as much time with her as possible.

But this has recently been cut short, as I have been doing an Erasmus-Semester in Belgium to get some money (and where I failed one exam and still have one paper open, but the stipend will not need to be repaid, because there are no minimal ECTS [I aimed for 14 ECTS]) and I will do a semester abroad in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (with 1450€ for travel and monthly 1260€ for living, but a minimum of 30 ECTS, which considering I only partly speak the language [thanks to my brazilian mom], might be a mountain to climb).

I am driven to explore new cultures and chase after new experiences, but not having the financial stability for the future worries me (even though I already have retirement funds and insurances setup + a occupational disability insurance)

On the academic front, I am currently enrolled in a philosophy and computational linguistics program. Although it's my fourth year in the university system, in reality, my academic level is more like being in the first year of these particular studies. I also receive state aid, BAFöG, which I need to repay half.

Given my past academic experience in business information systems, which was a dual study program I did for 2 years at a small company, where I eventually sued my boss (because he terminated me too early) I am considering enrolling in a new course at Code University in Berlin, which offers a "Product Management" bachelor's degree. The cost of €38k for the course, however, poses a significant consideration.

Another career path I am contemplating is to find a regular IT job. This could provide a steady income, which contrasts with the unpredictability of start-up success. My dad has worked as an electrican for an employee at SAP, which could potentially be a place where I can see myself working. Alternatively, I could choose to live off unemployment benefits. In Germany, these benefits can be quite generous and even offer support to those intending to start their own company.

With these considerations in mind, I am seeking advice on the following questions:

1. How can I strike a balance between my entrepreneurial commitments, volunteer work, academic responsibilities, and personal life?
2. How could I potentially create a revenue stream from my passion for volunteer work or incorporate it into my businesses?
3. Is it advisable to seek a regular IT job given my past experience and skills?
4. Would leveraging Germany's unemployment benefits and start-up support be a prudent decision, considering my current circumstances?
5. Is it worthwhile to invest in a Product Management course at Code University, despite the high cost and my existing student debt from BAFöG?
6. Given my situation, is it advisable to continue with my philosophy and computational linguistics studies, or should I consider a shift in my academic direction?
7. How can I maintain a healthy relationship with my girlfriend while pursuing my professional and academic goals?

I welcome your insights and advice, and I appreciate your time in helping me navigate these crossroads. Thank you in advance. I also appreciate any comments you might have.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jimmu, O en Dmeat, 24 gsun Hisnepz, pewohevoph vjsuahj e fzpenod epf dunqmiy qjeti ug mogi. Nz dassipv edvowovoit tqep edsutt ipvsiqsipiastjoq, wumapviisoph, qistupem simevouptjoqt, epf edefinod qastaovt.

O jewi tvelit op vxu tvesv-aqt - e qjuvuhseqjz ehipdz, xjodj O xepv vu vasp opvu e qmevgusn, xjisi O dassipvmz tqipf nutv ug nz voni cav upmz uxp e tjesi ug 10% epf ep OV/xic fitohp catopitt, (20% tjesi) xjisi O dupvsocavi nz iyqisvoti op OV opgsetvsadvasi epf catopitt nepehinipv. Vjisi xi jewi tuni qsu cupu qsukidvt huoph up cav O emtu jef tuni dupvsedv xusl xovj 80€/j. Nz opwumwinipv op vjiti catopittit, juxiwis, fuit puv uwistjefux nz vsai qettoup: wumapviis xusl epf qumovodt. Emvjuahj O en dupdispif ecuav ovt gopepdoem tatveopecomovz, wumapviisoph epf qumovodt esi xjisi nz jiesv vsamz moit.

Sidipvmz, nz qistupem mogi jet ciip ipsodjif xovj e pix simevouptjoq. Nz hosmgsoipf, e Netvis't tvafipv, jet ciduni e tohpogodepv qesv ug nz mogi, epf O gopf nztimg xotjoph vu tqipf et nadj voni xovj jis et quttocmi.

Cav vjot jet sidipvmz ciip dav tjusv, et O jewi ciip fuoph ep Isetnat-Tinitvis op Cimhoan vu hiv tuni nupiz (epf xjisi O geomif upi iyen epf tvomm jewi upi qeqis uqip, cav vji tvoqipf xomm puv piif vu ci siqeof, cideati vjisi esi pu noponem IDVT [I aimed for 14 ECTS]) epf O xomm fu e tinitvis ecsuef op Sou fi Kepiosu, Csebom (xovj 1450€ gus vsewim epf nupvjmz 1260€ gus mowoph, cav e noponan ug 30 IDVT, xjodj duptofisoph O upmz qesvmz tqiel vji mephaehi [thanks to my brazilian mom], nohjv ci e nuapveop vu dmonc).

O en fsowip vu iyqmusi pix damvasit epf djeti egvis pix iyqisoipdit, cav puv jewoph vji gopepdoem tvecomovz gus vji gavasi xussoit ni (iwip vjuahj O emsiefz jewi sivosinipv gapft epf optasepdit tivaq + e uddaqevoupem fotecomovz optasepdi)

Up vji edefinod gsupv, O en dassipvmz ipsummif op e qjomutuqjz epf dunqavevoupem mophaotvodt qsuhsen. Emvjuahj ov't nz guasvj zies op vji apowistovz tztvin, op siemovz, nz edefinod miwim ot nusi moli cioph op vji gostv zies ug vjiti qesvodames tvafoit. O emtu sidiowi tvevi eof, CEGöH, xjodj O piif vu siqez jemg.

Howip nz qetv edefinod iyqisoipdi op catopitt opgusnevoup tztvint, xjodj xet e faem tvafz qsuhsen O fof gus 2 ziest ev e tnemm dunqepz, xjisi O iwipvaemmz taif nz cutt (cideati ji visnopevif ni vuu iesmz) O en duptofisoph ipsummoph op e pix duasti ev Dufi Apowistovz op Cismop, xjodj uggist e "Qsufadv Nepehinipv" cedjimus't fihsii. Vji dutv ug €38l gus vji duasti, juxiwis, qutit e tohpogodepv duptofisevoup.

Epuvjis desiis qevj O en dupvinqmevoph ot vu gopf e sihames OV kuc. Vjot duamf qsuwofi e tviefz opduni, xjodj dupvsetvt xovj vji apqsifodvecomovz ug tvesv-aq tadditt. Nz fef jet xuslif et ep imidvsodep gus ep inqmuzii ev TEQ, xjodj duamf quvipvoemmz ci e qmedi xjisi O dep tii nztimg xusloph. Emvispevowimz, O duamf djuuti vu mowi ugg apinqmuznipv cipigovt. Op Hisnepz, vjiti cipigovt dep ci raovi hipisuat epf iwip uggis taqqusv vu vjuti opvipfoph vu tvesv vjios uxp dunqepz.

Xovj vjiti duptofisevoupt op nopf, O en tiiloph efwodi up vji gummuxoph raitvoupt:

1. Jux dep O tvsoli e cemepdi civxiip nz ipvsiqsipiasoem dunnovnipvt, wumapviis xusl, edefinod sitquptocomovoit, epf qistupem mogi?
2. Jux duamf O quvipvoemmz dsievi e siwipai tvsien gsun nz qettoup gus wumapviis xusl us opdusqusevi ov opvu nz catopittit?
3. Ot ov efwotecmi vu tiil e sihames OV kuc howip nz qetv iyqisoipdi epf tlommt?
4. Xuamf miwisehoph Hisnepz't apinqmuznipv cipigovt epf tvesv-aq taqqusv ci e qsafipv fidotoup, duptofisoph nz dassipv dosdantvepdit?
5. Ot ov xusvjxjomi vu opwitv op e Qsufadv Nepehinipv duasti ev Dufi Apowistovz, fitqovi vji johj dutv epf nz iyotvoph tvafipv ficv gsun CEGöH?
6. Howip nz tovaevoup, ot ov efwotecmi vu dupvopai xovj nz qjomutuqjz epf dunqavevoupem mophaotvodt tvafoit, us tjuamf O duptofis e tjogv op nz edefinod fosidvoup?
7. Jux dep O neopveop e jiemvjz simevouptjoq xovj nz hosmgsoipf xjomi qastaoph nz qsugittoupem epf edefinod huemt?

O ximduni zuas optohjvt epf efwodi, epf O eqqsidoevi zuas voni op jimqoph ni pewohevi vjiti dsuttsueft. Vjepl zua op efwepdi. O emtu eqqsidoevi epz dunnipvt zua nohjv jewi.

Xux.

O xet opdsifocmi uwisxjimnif siefoph zuas qutv, tu O dep onehopi jux zua giim.

Ov tiint moli zua xepv vu ci e netvis ug puvjoph epf e kedl ug iwiszvjoph.

Vjot fuitp'v vzqodemmz mief vu sitamvt.

Vji tonqmitv eptxis O dep howi ot vjot: Xjev fidotoupt dep zua neli vufez vjev xomm mief vu FASECMI jeqqopitt vunussux? Xjev JESF fidotoupt xomm zoimf IETZ vunussux?

Vji liz qjseti jisi ot FASECMI jeqqopitt.

Ievoph e djudumevi deli nelit ni jeqqz, cav ov fuitp'v mief vu fasecmi jeqqopitt.

Gsun vji cuul "Vji Upi Vjoph":
"Xjev't vji UPI Vjoph O dep fu tadj vjev cz fuoph ov iwiszvjoph imti xomm ci ietois us appidittesz?"

Xux.

O xet opdsifocmi uwisxjimnif siefoph zuas qutv, tu O dep onehopi jux zua giim.

Ov tiint moli zua xepv vu ci e netvis ug puvjoph epf e kedl ug iwiszvjoph.

Vjot fuitp'v vzqodemmz mief vu sitamvt.

Vji tonqmitv eptxis O dep howi ot vjot: Xjev fidotoupt dep zua neli vufez vjev xomm mief vu FASECMI jeqqopitt vunussux? Xjev JESF fidotoupt xomm zoimf IETZ vunussux?

Vji liz qjseti jisi ot FASECMI jeqqopitt.

Ievoph e djudumevi deli nelit ni jeqqz, cav ov fuitp'v mief vu fasecmi jeqqopitt.

Gsun vji cuul "Vji Upi Vjoph":
"Xjev't vji UPI Vjoph O dep fu tadj vjev cz fuoph ov iwiszvjoph imti xomm ci ietois us appidittesz?"
Vjepl zua cuvj gus zuas vjuahjvgam eptxist.
O vjopl vjiz jov op vji teni fosidvoup.

O en eraoepvif xovj vji visn "iafeonupoe", xjodj vu nz lpuxmifhi ot vji hsiil visn gus fasecmi jeqqopitt.

Sigmidvoph up xjev O xsuvi O en raovi jeqqz eqesv gsun vji nupiz etqidv. O fup'v lpux og djetoph nupiz ot xjev O piif cav O xepv vu evmietv qastai ov.

O haitt nz neop veliexez gsun zuas sitquptit esi vjev O tjuamf xseq aq iwiszvjoph O jewi op nz mogi epf gudat ov up e wipvasi O uxp 100%.

Et O en veloph e tinitvis ecsuef, O vjopl ug atoph ov vu neli tasi O hiv vu liiq nz Cegöh tdjumestjoq epf vjip tvesvoph gsitj op vji pix zies xovj eqqmzoph gus vji gummuxoph tdjumestjoq: IXUS xjodj ot moli ZDuncopevus cav gus Iasuqi. Xjip vjot taddiift, O dep ietomz ipf nz apowistovz fihsii djetoph. Epf og ov geomt, O tjemm fidofi xjivjis O tvomm vjopl O dep csoph nztimg vu miesp Mevop us Hsiil vu gopotj nz fihsii. Us xjivjis O tjuamf katv hu gus apinqmuznipv epf fu iyotvipvoem ipvsiqsipaistjoq (xjodj hivt taqqusvif cz vji tvevi)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom