The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice for my future

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Soumil

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 23, 2024
I don't want to go to college
It would mean the world to me if you can give me valuable advice!

I'm turning 18 in 2 months. I belong to an Indian middle class family and my dad's in the military.

I have ambitions of entrepreneurship, especially the synthesiser business model Hamza preaches.

I started social media a couple months back and whilst I don't have tangible success in the field, I have shown the ability to consistently post content which I am improving on daily and consider fairly good.

I made my first product a few weeks back and made the first sale of around Rs. 1299 (Around $15) which felt fantastic. Of course the product wasn't the best.

I recently started on making the next product truly majestic and it might take a few weeks to bring to life and I am planning to sell it around Rs. 15000 ($200) which could easily cover my monthly expenses (gym, healthy food, internet). One sale is all I need for survival.

I truly believe in some time I will make it big.

The problem is I have to go to college as per my parents. Tuition for the same is around 3 to 5 lakhs ($4000 to $6000) a year. My parents don't mind paying for it at all but it would waste my time as I don't care about it at all.

If I am forced to stay in a dorm with someone else it would take away from my aspirations.

I have been good at studies but I don't feel like studying anymore. My board exams (the most important exams in Indian schooling) are going on and I have worked for hours on the business instead.

I truly don't want to go to college but I am scared. I believe in myself 100% that I will make it in business but it's natural to have doubts when you go against everyone in society.

My parents support me and I can probably stay at my grandmother's place with super low expenses but I'm concerned if my business doesn't work what to do?

In India you don't get decent jobs without salaries and it's basically slavery. I am also scared of speaking to my parents about this.

They love me and want the best for me, it's just our versions of what's best differ.

I am concerned my dad will get hostile and the environment in the house will go bad and affect business.

It would genuinely mean the world to me if you could help me.

Thank you for sparing your valuable time.

Regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Why can't you conduct your business from University and make use of the resources available? Presuming they are anything like British Universties that is.

Dan

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
I don't want to go to college
Why don't you want to go to college, you can build some very valuable connections at college if you are around the right people, connections can be very beneficial in achieving success. "Its not about what you know, but who you know" is quite true in a few aspects. A degree can also get you a job in a field you may want to work in, which you can apply the knowledge from to go fastlane.

Since your parents are paying for it, I would highly recommend you go to college, you have no reason not to.
synthesiser
Describe the synthesiser business model, I haven't heard of it before
I think Hamza is a pretty shady guy to be honest. He used to actually be quite beneficial (he is the one who introduced me to TMF and MJ DeMarco), but now he is just like every other guru out there, but instead of just a financial guru, he is a guru in gym/bodybuilding and dating too.

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
I started social media a couple months back and whilst I don't have tangible success in the field, I have shown the ability to consistently post content which I am improving on daily and consider fairly good.
I wouldn't say that social media is the best business model. To succeed in this field, you need to provide very unique value in the field due to it's high saturation, which most can't provide. It is way more than just posting consistently.

This field also (potentially) violates the commandments of:

CONTROL (your content can be deleted or demonetized at any moment)

ENTRY (very low entry barrier to start, you need to provide very unique value nobody else can provide to succeed in a field with a low entry barrier)

NEED (unless your content provides value (entertainment, advice, etc..), it won't get you anywhere)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...