The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Advice on Starting a Business – What Do You Think?

Idea threads

Asp3ct

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 10, 2024

Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for my bad English as it is not my first language.
I'm thinking of starting a company where I submit tenders to get deals. I've got some savings to keep things going for a year even if I don't make a profit right away. I've done tenders before and I have prior experience because I worked for a company that did exactly the same but of course they had good connections as they were in the business for some time, but I want to hear what you all think.
I am starting this company because I can't submit the tenders as an individual.
Is it a good idea to jump into this? Any advice or things to watch out for? Your thoughts would mean a lot to me!

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020

Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for my bad English as it is not my first language.
I'm thinking of starting a company where I submit tenders to get deals. I've got some savings to keep things going for a year even if I don't make a profit right away. I've done tenders before and I have prior experience because I worked for a company that did exactly the same but of course they had good connections as they were in the business for some time, but I want to hear what you all think.
I am starting this company because I can't submit the tenders as an individual.
Is it a good idea to jump into this? Any advice or things to watch out for? Your thoughts would mean a lot to me!

Thank you

If all you need is to incorporate (become a business) in your country there is no barrier to entry. However, it sounds like the connections are the barrier to entry. Why don't you just find industry connections to work with? They are also who will fund you because they understand the business, and you can keep your savings while getting to scale strategically. Resourcefulness > Resources

Five Commandments of Unscripted Entrepreneurship

"Businesses should fulfill a real need, have barriers to entry that protect against competition, give the entrepreneur control, be scalable beyond linear effort, and allow for the detachment of time from income. Read Unscripted , if you have not...

If I understand you right, you said...

"Help me start a company that allows me to leverage my experience in submitting tenders and my available savings, so I can successfully secure business deals and achieve financial independence, despite lacking the industry connections that established companies benefit from." ( Note: You could try solving this problem for others )

DO THIS...The CENTS Framework

Introducing -- Grade My Business Idea -- a website tool that will instantly grade and rate your business ideas in accordance to a weighted CENTS Framework whereas NEED and SCALE is most important, plus a MARKET ACCESS variable. (If you can't reach a market with a message, do you have a market??)

CENTS BUSINESS IDEA GRADER

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.