The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[NEED ADVICE] Project Qudial

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

olg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 13, 2021
Hey everyone,

I'm back to the drawing board and seeking some real-talk advice from fellow aspiring entrepreneurs. Quick rundown: I dove into the Fast Lane Forum at 21, fuelled by MJ's wisdom. I live and work in the UK. Tried a few business ideas – all misses.

With a mix of my own skills and some help from freelancers on Fiverr and Facebook, I've whipped up a web app called Qudial ( www.qudial.com ) using Bubble.io. Essentially, it's a lifesaver for the self employed, helping them track income, expenses, and tax liability hassle-free. Think of it as your personal finance wingman. It was completely done around 2 weeks ago.

Now, why this project? Well, picture this: I've been in the shoes of a self-employed food delivery driver, drowning in Excel sheets come tax time. Hours wasted, hair pulled out – you name it. And it didn't stop there. Yesterday, today, and last year, I am/was helping family members with their own tax assessments, manually inputting receipts into spreadsheets. Not exactly my idea of a good time.

But here's the kicker – getting the word out ain't as easy as it sounds. Tried the usual suspects – Facebook ads, Insta promos, even braved TikTok. And yeah, I even did the whole talking-head video thing (who knew?). Slapped business cards everywhere from letterboxes to local barbershops/beauty salons. Heck, I even turned some family cars into rolling billboards. But guess what? Silence.

I know it's early days, but I'm itching for ideas. How do I turn the tide and get people onboard? Even if it's just a couple of users at first, I'm betting on that domino effect. If you have any ideas that you think might/will be helpful – I'm all ears!

Thank you for your time!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Receipts.jpg
    Receipts.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 12

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Have you tried speaking to anyone though other than family? Your list of what you have done makes no mention of this.

For example you say that you have slapped some business cards down in salons and barbers but did you seak to them? Would a self employed person in a barbers or salon who rents a chair not be a potential customer for you?

Dan

olg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 13, 2021
Hi Dan,

Most of my interactions have been with delivery drivers while they're out on the road. It still feels a bit odd for me to walk into a shop and start talking about the app out of the blue. I've dropped off cards to shops around 11 PM and haven't seen those workers in person, but during the day, that's when I was focused on residential areas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Decent idea. Don't like the branding. Don't get the name. Site feels impersonal. Like any other App, SaaS site. I will forget this site. It does not feel trustworthy. Nothing stands out. You use AI-generated images. I want to see an image of you, or some other real delivery driver. Show me a female delivery driver smiling at me. Not a model, keep it realistic. Show me a Pakistani man rushing to deliver food in harsh weather. Some guy drowning in receipts at his desk, distraught. Not AI-generated. Show me pictures of real customers, real testimonials. You could even go for a cartoon style or whatever. It has to feel human and have a story/identity. Right now, it feels like a robot made the app and the site.

"Streamline Your Finances" Why? This is a thought that sounds good in theory, but in practice, most people feel frustrated ahead of tax season, and during the rest of the year, they procrastinate or ignore. Most people DO NOT CARE about their 'finances'. It's an ABSTRACT concept. It doesn't capture the story around the app, or the benefits/feeling I will get from using it. Lead with another slogan. Tell me something interesting, because right now, I get bored. People have like 3-5 second attention spans. You have to use visuals and thought-provoking words.

Don't use three-tiered pricing plan. Give me one price or some interactive element like a slider so I can check what it's going to cost with my X receipts.

The app UI etc. looks OK, but it's not sleek enough that it should feature with more than one, or at most two, images.

The colors of the site do not INCITE purchasing behaviour. They are bland. Blue, white, grey. A nice-looking neutral site does not correlate with conversion. Give me red, yellow, orange, green, purple, black, etc. Anything. Shock me.

The photo you attached of the receipts should feature on the site. It captures some of the essence.

olg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 13, 2021
Decent idea. Don't like the branding. Don't get the name. Site feels impersonal. Like any other App, SaaS site. I will forget this site. It does not feel trustworthy. Nothing stands out. You use AI-generated images. I want to see an image of you, or some other real delivery driver. Show me a female delivery driver smiling at me. Not a model, keep it realistic. Show me a Pakistani man rushing to deliver food in harsh weather. Some guy drowning in receipts at his desk, distraught. Not AI-generated. Show me pictures of real customers, real testimonials. You could even go for a cartoon style or whatever. It has to feel human and have a story/identity. Right now, it feels like a robot made the app and the site.

"Streamline Your Finances" Why? This is a thought that sounds good in theory, but in practice, most people feel frustrated ahead of tax season, and during the rest of the year, they procrastinate or ignore. Most people DO NOT CARE about their 'finances'. It's an ABSTRACT concept. It doesn't capture the story around the app, or the benefits/feeling I will get from using it. Lead with another slogan. Tell me something interesting, because right now, I get bored. People have like 3-5 second attention spans. You have to use visuals and thought-provoking words.

Don't use three-tiered pricing plan. Give me one price or some interactive element like a slider so I can check what it's going to cost with my X receipts.

The app UI etc. looks OK, but it's not sleek enough that it should feature with more than one, or at most two, images.

The colors of the site do not INCITE purchasing behaviour. They are bland. Blue, white, grey. A nice-looking neutral site does not correlate with conversion. Give me red, yellow, orange, green, purple, black, etc. Anything. Shock me.

Thanks for the honest feedback. Appreciate that. Will consider doing some changes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.