Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nevermind The Hype: Sales Is The Most Important Thing

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
52%
I am going to quote a thread from this forum from just over a year ago because it is so important:

You need to read and learn sales and marketing.

I have a relative that just got a massage license and opened his own storefront. When I heard this I shook his hand and said congratulations on your move to sales and marketing. He looked dumbfounded and said nope he was a massage therapist.

My response, you want business and you have something to sell and a place to sell it? You don't have money to pay salesmen and marketing? Then you are in sales and marketing.

Good luck.

Seeing sooo many posts here about "my fastlane" this and "I want to learn programming" that, or probably the most ubiquitous, "my invention," and yet a lack of what is the MAIN thing that really matters in business: Sales.

Don't fall into the trap that sales/marketing/advertising is somehow beneath you, as that notion may have come from programming that was intended to keep you down, no matter how "well meaning" the source (likely a slowlaner).

Rather than blather on and on let me provide three recommendations for books that, if read, will give you more knowledge than 99% of all business owners on what really works to turn prospects into paying customers:

Claude Hopkins "My Life in Advertising/Scientific Advertising"
John Caples "Tested Advertising Methods"
David Ogilvy "Ogilvy on Advertising"

Disregard that the books were written decades ago. As Hopkins states in "Scientific Advertising," "The principles set down in this book are as enduring as The Alps."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
34%
The principles set down in this book are as enduring as The Alps.

The principles of persuasion still work, but you really have to make it short and succinct for today's audiences. I wonder why then sites that have minimal copy incorporated in the design do so well, in fact do better than 99% of the "direct response" type websites?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
295%
Rather than blather on and on let me provide three recommendations for books that, if read, will give you more knowledge than 99% of all business owners on what really works to turn prospects into paying customers:

Also: "Ca$hvertising" Drew Eric Whitman

And for Sales: "How to Win Friends and Influence People" Dale Carnegie

Anyone have any good books on Marketing or another good sales book? I'm currently reading "Guerrilla Marketing"

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
46%
And for Sales: "How to Win Friends and Influence People" Dale Carnegie

multi-millionaire handed this to me, told me he has read one page per day for over 10 years over and over again.. of coarse i read it then...changed my life, not some fluff crap, honestly i am happier in my life regardless of money because of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
101%
If an individual can't get a significant number of paying customers, it's just a hobby.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.