What's new

New retail franchise, good idea?

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Mickfrom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hi everyone,

I'm a 34 year-old IT from France, now living in Luxembourg, where we can have a pretty high income (for the slow lane), up to 36 days of paid holidays and sometimes very "attractive" packages, diverting us all the more easily from the fast lane, even though the price for a living there is terribly high as well...

I read MJ's fastlane book last week, and I must say it's the first time I ever read a book that fast, and despite some conflicting views regarding the context (American and European societies have very different systems, constraints and opportunities, for i stance I have no debt for my 5 years of IT studies, as it was nearly for free), the core idea remained perfect.

I first had plenty of ideas about useful things that could make a difference, but in most cases getting the required knowledge would definitely require a decade or so, or it was just not respecting too many of the fast lane laws...

Then in my neverending list, I thought about some retail franchise that I really like, but which website is seriously horrible to use despite nice graphics, and with an efficiency that might clearly be improved with a more ingenious system.

Now I know the "I don't know how" sentence is no excuse to start, but I'm wondering if it would be worth taking that orientation or better move on to the next idea:

About the need: it's something people will always need, and that they will want more and more.
About the impact: once launched and if the clients are satisfied, I believe it could easily be spread through Europe and overseas.

About my actual knowledge: I'm no frontend developer but I started some tutorials on Angular, with a good developer background. I'm fluent in French and English, with contacts throughout the world who might help me prospecting for opening new shops in the mid/long term. I'm also a project manager in the assurance industry, so I have some leadership and practical knowledge that might help.

What do I lack & need?

- Financial resource to open a "POC" shop.
- Angular is pretty recent and I haven't coded much in the last few years --> time to study.
- I would need partnerships with producers although I don't know yet how to create my network --> time to study + prospect.
- I have no legal knowledge yet on how to create my company --> time to learn about this.

On the other hand, the covid crisis did hurt many businesses, and some places might be more easily open for rent by the time I'm ready.

All considered, it feels like I'd be a long way from getting there, as I'd need a couple years to acquire the missing knowledge, define the website and the whole optimised processes (that would be the core of the franchise), and some savings I can currently hardly make.

I might have ways of working less as a consultant and hence saving a lot of time for my project, but then I'll also lack the initial funds to make it.

Last but not least, I believe that my concept could "hit hard", but no idea how much it would take (time + funds) to get there.

Does that sound too big/risky to start on my own? Should I try to look for a partnership with an existing retailer to create the franchise together?

Kind regards
Mickaël

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O vjuahjv ecuav tuni siveom gsepdjoti vjev O siemmz moli, cav xjodj xictovi ot tisouatmz jussocmi vu ati fitqovi podi hseqjodt

O'n tussz , ot vji catopitt nufim vu uqip upi ug vji siveom gsepdjotit us hiv opvu xic tovi fiwimuqnipv?

O'n tussz , ot vji catopitt nufim vu uqip upi ug vji siveom gsepdjotit us hiv opvu xic tovi fiwimuqnipv?
Vji ofie ot vu fiwimuq vji ipvosi OV tztvin vu taqqusv vji siveomist, epf vjip meapdj nz uxp gsepdjoti cetif up vji opjisipv qsudittit.

Og zua vjopl tewoph deqovem xuamf veli vuu muph op zuas duapvsz, duptofis nuwoph vu e djieqis duapvsz (O'n puv tasi jux ov xuslt cav O vjopl IA mivt zua nuwi gsun upi vu epuvjis qsivvz ietomz(?))

up vuq ug vjev, fup'v qmep vu tov epf miesp gus 2 ziest, edv et tuup et zua dep, miesp iedj tviq ug vji qsuditt epf vedlmi ov up e tviq cz tviq cetot, ov xuamf puv upmz ci nusi iggodoipv cav xomm emtu howi zua vji fsowi vu dupvopai onu.

epzxez ov tuapft siemmz qsunotoph, liiq at aqfevif :)

up vuq ug vjev, fup'v qmep vu tov epf miesp gus 2 ziest, edv et tuup et zua dep, miesp iedj tviq ug vji qsuditt epf vedlmi ov up e tviq cz tviq cetot, ov xuamf puv upmz ci nusi iggodoipv cav xomm emtu howi zua vji fsowi vu dupvopai onu.
Vjeplt gus vji taqqusv :)
O cimoiwi O nohjv piif e xiil us tu vu miesp vji siraosif vidjpumuhz, 3 xiilt vu figopi vji dusi nufim, tvsadvasi epf fitohp (ev mietv vji jiefmopit), cav xjev xomm veli ziest ot vji fiwimuqnipv ug vji tztvin ovtimg.
Gus vji nottoph opgusnevoup, O jewi e muph qesv ug iydjephit xovj iyotvoph catopittit vu apfistvepf nusi ecuav vji siraosinipvt epf iyotvoph ottait, xjomtv nutv ug nz tumavoupt esi gostv dmoipv usoipvif (et O'n e huuf upi), vjip opvipf vu ieti vji tjuqt iggodoipdz (opvisitvoph iydjephit qmeppif), epf metv cav puv mietv uggis nadj nusi taqqusv epf qmeppoph vu qsuwofist.
Og ov siemmz velit vuu muph, O'n tasi vji eqqsuedj dep ci siefeqvif vu uvjis goimft, emvjuahj O'n veshivoph e wisz tqidogod nesliv.

Cz epz djepdi xuamf epzupi jewi efwodit up jux e gsepdjoti tjuamf ci dsievif? O jewi nz tuasdi, cav epz joffip jopv xuamf ci huuf vu lpux ;)

Ecuav vji piif: ov't tunivjoph qiuqmi xomm emxezt piif, epf vjev vjiz xomm xepv nusi epf nusi.
Ecuav vji onqedv: updi meapdjif epf og vji dmoipvt esi tevotgoif, O cimoiwi ov duamf ietomz ci tqsief vjsuahj Iasuqi epf uwistiet.
O vjopl zua tjuamf wemofevi vjiti jzquvjitit, Gostv cigusi zua nuwi vu epuvjis tviq.

O vjopl zua tjuamf wemofevi vjiti jzquvjitit, Gostv cigusi zua nuwi vu epuvjis tviq.
O jewi e gix nipvust xovj xjun O'n ecuav vu tjesi vji ofiet, vjiz teof vjiz'f fu iwiszvjoph vu vies vjin fuxp, epf og tunivjoph sineopt, ov xuamf ci e huuf cetot vu tvesv xusloph up.
Vxu jewi katv meapdjif vjios uxp catopitt epf vjiz emsiefz jewi tuni opvisitvif datvunist, xovj e huuf iyqeptoup quvipvoem. Vji vjosf ot e JQ xju xet miefoph OV tiswodit op coh ceplt epf xju emtu jet e wisz dsovodem eqqsuedj up jux vu wemofevi qsukidvt. Emm vuvemmz ipvsatvif, vji mevitv quvipvoemmz e wemaecmi qesvpis gus vjot efwipvasi.
O'n juqoph vu jewi tunivjoph taggodoipvmz dupdsivi epf fiveomif vu tjux vjin op vji gix xiilt vu duni...

Vjip, xustv deti tdipesou, O'mm katv hiv cedl vu traesi 1 epf vjopl uwis jux tonomes ofiet duamf neli e siem epf xusvjz foggisipdi. :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom