The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Organic skincare products part 1- lab setup

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
I'm currently in the process of setting up a lab in my dad's kitchen. So far I've ordered scales and a thermometer. I've been looking at glassware equipment such as heat resistant jugs, tubes and pippetes. I already have pans inside of the house to make a bain marie, but I need a glass bowl to mix all of the ingredients together. I'm doing this on a tight budget (unemployment benefits) and I have recently cut my grandma off for being a foul headwind, so there's no chance of borrowing money. My dad is also equally as broke. Inshallah, I will get a part-time job somewhere. Ideally I'd like to set up an Instagram account to do sales calls with high commissions, but it would be quicker to get employment as a cleaner. Once my lab is set up I will start buying ingredients and then do the necessary research that would allow for experimentation. I know nothing about distribution, the manufacturing process or testing. I've been action faking on this idea for the past couple of months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
You'll need to do a lot of research of what organic ingredients you could utilize and if people can react to it negatively. Depending on the country too the testing may be a rigorous process that goes through hundreds of tests from allergens to heat and cold tests, etc. before it is ready to be distributed.

I love the idea of a skincare routine that is all natural and organic and many women I know would be enthusiastic over that rather than rubbing nasty chemicals into their face. It'll take some time and lots patience, with your own testing, official testing, finding distributors and more. You could start by selling all natural cold press soaps - use some lye, olive oil or goat's milk, and add some essential oil scents and herbs and if its summer aloe (for that soothing coolness it provides) to it and that would be a good start - easier, safer, familiar, and enjoyable.
Consider buying the plants for the herbs - they need pruned anyway so you'll have plenty
This will build you some capital to front future endeavors but also you could find expositions maybe in a farmer's market or art expo and some different stores that have booths you can set up at. Its limitless and you'll be able to create a name and face for your new business.

From there you could then branch onto skin care routines that are delicate and unique, you'll need to ask questions like: Is it an exfoliator, or anti-acne, and more.

Don't give up, but always consider a different route to the same destination - like a river, we think water would flow in a determined path but in reality it flows in the path of least resistance, creating a new path to the same destination

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Following. Keep us posted. How's it going?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I'm currently in the process of setting up a lab in my dad's kitchen. So far I've ordered scales and a thermometer. I've been looking at glassware equipment such as heat resistant jugs, tubes and pippetes. I already have pans inside of the house to make a bain marie, but I need a glass bowl to mix all of the ingredients together. I'm doing this on a tight budget (unemployment benefits) and I have recently cut my grandma off for being a foul headwind, so there's no chance of borrowing money. My dad is also equally as broke. Inshallah, I will get a part-time job somewhere. Ideally I'd like to set up an Instagram account to do sales calls with high commissions, but it would be quicker to get employment as a cleaner. Once my lab is set up I will start buying ingredients and then do the necessary research that would allow for experimentation. I know nothing about distribution, the manufacturing process or testing. I've been action faking on this idea for the past couple of months.
Hey, give this a look: EXECUTION - Starting a cosmetics brand [EXECUTION]

Hope it helps.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
Following. Keep us posted. How's it going?
There's been a lot of action faking going on and I've been a little bit sidetracked getting my finances in order. I have to work a few minimum wage jobs to afford to invest in these products and my mentors on Discord don't think I can pull all of this off because they can't pull these things off themselves. They've told me that I'm delusional and the market is over-saturated, that I should learn a trade instead or take a degree I can't afford in finance in case it all goes wrong. I'm going to keep pushing forward as I'd rather be wrong than have not tried at all. I've been having trouble processing orders through the bank, but I've been looking at ingredients for making soaps and body balms (lye, protective equipment, animal fats, different types of vegetable oils, protective equipment) and I'll look around hardware shops to buy some things so that I can start making basic bars and butters which I can showcase to a farmer's market.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
There's been a lot of action faking going on and I've been a little bit sidetracked getting my finances in order. I have to work a few minimum wage jobs to afford to invest in these products and my mentors on Discord don't think I can pull all of this off because they can't pull these things off themselves. They've told me that I'm delusional and the market is over-saturated, that I should learn a trade instead or take a degree I can't afford in finance in case it all goes wrong. I'm going to keep pushing forward as I'd rather be wrong than have not tried at all. I've been having trouble processing orders through the bank, but I've been looking at ingredients for making soaps and body balms (lye, protective equipment, animal fats, different types of vegetable oils, protective equipment) and I'll look around hardware shops to buy some things so that I can start making basic bars and butters which I can showcase to a farmer's market.
I love that you're sticking to it. What your mentors on discord don't understand is that you are learning a trade right now. You're just teaching it to yourself.

That said, it might not be a bad idea to take a look at something that can pay you better. It might take a while to get this business off the ground. It would be easier to get it off the ground if you had more cash.

I'm not saying go to college. But there are skills that you can pick up through online courses that will land you a job that pays better than minimum wage. If you invest 2 months learning that skill, that can be a good use of time.

Just food for thought. Hope that helps.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
I love that you're sticking to it. What your mentors on discord don't understand is that you are learning a trade right now. You're just teaching it to yourself.

That said, it might not be a bad idea to take a look at something that can pay you better. It might take a while to get this business off the ground. It would be easier to get it off the ground if you had more cash.

I'm not saying go to college. But there are skills that you can pick up through online courses that will land you a job that pays better than minimum wage. If you invest 2 months learning that skill, that can be a good use of time.

Just food for thought. Hope that helps.
Some of the guys I was speaking to an this Discord server told me that it would be harder to start a business when I lack the network for it and hard to find a job without a college degree. They told me that my skincare business will have to be better than all the other businesses out there as the market is saturated, then suggested working in finance as an alternative.
The mentor I spoke to told me that I need to have my finances in order before starting a business. He told me to learn how to be an electrician or a plumber, then start a business in that area.

Maybe I'm taking MJs books out of context, but what I'm looking for in a business is time separated from income, the freedom to work for myself without being apart of an MLM scheme. As a tradesman or an owner of a social media marketing agency, I would be working a full-time job instead of working a creative job that would allow me more time to focus on my hobbies. There are a lot of tradesman and social media marketing agency owners on this website who are in the top 1% of income earners, but that isn't what I want. I would rather provide either digital or physical products to customers in the long-term, instead of contract work. Of course, this has to be earned through doing the work no one else wants to do and providing goods that people actually care about.

You can't run a plumbing agency and make skincare products at the same time. You could invent plumbing equipment, but I'd rather focus on seeing where the skincare products business leads first.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Some of the guys I was speaking to an this Discord server told me that it would be harder to start a business when I lack the network for it and hard to find a job without a college degree. They told me that my skincare business will have to be better than all the other businesses out there as the market is saturated, then suggested working in finance as an alternative.
The mentor I spoke to told me that I need to have my finances in order before starting a business. He told me to learn how to be an electrician or a plumber, then start a business in that area.

Maybe I'm taking MJs books out of context, but what I'm looking for in a business is time separated from income, the freedom to work for myself without being apart of an MLM scheme. As a tradesman or an owner of a social media marketing agency, I would be working a full-time job instead of working a creative job that would allow me more time to focus on my hobbies. There are a lot of tradesman and social media marketing agency owners on this website who are in the top 1% of income earners, but that isn't what I want. I would rather provide either digital or physical products to customers in the long-term, instead of contract work. Of course, this has to be earned through doing the work no one else wants to do and providing goods that people actually care about.

You can't run a plumbing agency and make skincare products at the same time. You could invent plumbing equipment, but I'd rather focus on seeing where the skincare products business leads first.
What country are you in?

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
What country are you in?
I'm in the UK. Over here, you're supposed to have a college degree or experience studying a trade as we have a very competitive job market. I'm supposed to get distracted from my One Thing.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
I've been having trouble processing orders through the bank, but I've been looking at ingredients for making soaps and body balms (lye, protective equipment, animal fats, different types of vegetable oils, protective equipment) and I'll look around hardware shops to buy some things so that I can start making basic bars and butters which I can showcase to a farmer's market.
It's awesome that you took my suggestion on the soap and farmer's market, you're exhibiting a great growth mindset. Hopefully this helps generating some immediate income for you, while you work towards your desired and more complex products

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Feb 11, 2019
I've looked into this in the past. Look up listings on Etsy, most skincare products are really easy to make. Don't "set up a lab", you won't compete with Maybelline from the start.

Instead, start with something simple that uses basic ingredients and doesn't require a lab-like setup. At the end of the day, you're not going to formulate a better product. Leading manufacturers spend billions on that annually.

The only way you can differentiate yourself is by building a brand - eco, conscious, plant-based, small business vibe and posting everything on TikTok - buying the ingredients, making the products, packing the products, testing the products, following trends, etc.

Don't compete with Kylie Jenner, become that small (but still very successful) niche brand with a smaller but super loyal community.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
I've just bought some protective equipment. I have some rubber gloves, a facemask and some goggles. All I need now are some heat resistant measuring beakers, a hand blender and a mixing bowl. I'll look into selling my products on Etsy, Amazon and a website of my own. I can't compete with Maybelline or Garnier, but my brand image is completely different to theirs anyway in that I want to only use natural preservatives and colouring instead of the white synthetic stuff scientists throw together. I could probably make it in the industry if I gain enough traction to sponsor YouTubers and Instagram influencers. My networking skills are at zero right now and having great social skills is apart of being an entrepreneur.

In the meantime, I will look into learning a trade such as plumbing. I've been looking into working in sales for a long time now and there's always the option of taking on furniture refurnishing or freelance ad writing as a side hustle, but it's never a good idea to take too much on at once. The more I take on, the more resistance I have when it comes to taking action. Action faking and wantrepreneurship are fuelled by non-essentialism.

Attachments

• WIN_20230420_12_41_47_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230420_12_41_47_Pro.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
Update:
I've brought some more equipment for my 'soapmaking lab':
  • A metal container for mixing the ingredients together
  • A stick blender for blending the ingredients together
  • Coconut oil, to add to the water and lye
I'm learning how to make soap at the moment. I'll start by making basic bars, then add in unique fragrances and ingredients which I can tailor to a brand image and test against the market once I have gained the necessary skills. If the market is appreciative of my products, then I can start creating balms and facial sets. If the market consistently doesn't give a F*ck for 6 months, I'll consider something else.

My grandma has agreed to buy the ingredients for me whilst I'm starting off. She has ordered me some tallow and some heat resistant glass measuring jugs.

I've yet to order soap moulds and lye.

Update 2:
I've brought the lye, now all I need are soap moulds.

Last edited:

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
I bought a water filter jug today and also a roasting tray, where I will cut the soap. My measuring jug has also arrived today. After buying a cheese cutter to cut the soap with, I can start making it. I can research the proper measurements and the correct temperature for the soap, then I will be able to follow basic formulas. Within a few months, I can create my own and sell them on Etsy.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Hey man, this is great. I don't have this all figured out, but reading through this I have a thought you should consider.

The main one is that you seem to be coming at this more "legit" than you need to be. If you are formulating product right now, you don't need a lab. Just experiment with recipes. I started, built, and eventually sold a small beard product company a few years ago. I created the first batch of test product on a small vinyl table with a picture of tinker bell on it in my daughters room with her. I called the product "beard potion" because that was what she called it that day. I bought a bunch of essential and carrier oils and formulated a recipe based on research. I didn't worry about equipment or even cleanliness up front because I made the product for myself first. Kinda like baking bread in your kitchen - you don't need a hairnet, gloves, and health inspection to make it at home for yourself. Worry less about that and more about the product. Once you have that, you figure out how to make that safely and effectively to sell it.

The personal care space is super saturated for sure. You will need to be very targeted and have good messaging to communicate with that specific target audience. If you are just making skincare products for everyone, you are doomed. If you are making skincare products for Muslim men in the UK, you are a bit better. If you are making skincare products for Muslim men that helps with some specific challenge that they all seem to deal with and complain about, you are getting somewhere. Just making things up for an example.

The local angle can be a great way to get your foot in the door for sure. I would focus on that. I bootstrapped my business on about $400 before it was running on cash flow. I knew nothing about business, Fastlane ideology, or personal care products. I just took one step at a time and focused on making a great product and learned along the way.

Pulling for you man!

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
Hey man, this is great. I don't have this all figured out, but reading through this I have a thought you should consider.

The main one is that you seem to be coming at this more "legit" than you need to be. If you are formulating product right now, you don't need a lab. Just experiment with recipes. I started, built, and eventually sold a small beard product company a few years ago. I created the first batch of test product on a small vinyl table with a picture of tinker bell on it in my daughters room with her. I called the product "beard potion" because that was what she called it that day. I bought a bunch of essential and carrier oils and formulated a recipe based on research. I didn't worry about equipment or even cleanliness up front because I made the product for myself first. Kinda like baking bread in your kitchen - you don't need a hairnet, gloves, and health inspection to make it at home for yourself. Worry less about that and more about the product. Once you have that, you figure out how to make that safely and effectively to sell it.

The personal care space is super saturated for sure. You will need to be very targeted and have good messaging to communicate with that specific target audience. If you are just making skincare products for everyone, you are doomed. If you are making skincare products for Muslim men in the UK, you are a bit better. If you are making skincare products for Muslim men that helps with some specific challenge that they all seem to deal with and complain about, you are getting somewhere. Just making things up for an example.

The local angle can be a great way to get your foot in the door for sure. I would focus on that. I bootstrapped my business on about $400 before it was running on cash flow. I knew nothing about business, Fastlane ideology, or personal care products. I just took one step at a time and focused on making a great product and learned along the way.

Pulling for you man!
You're right. I can use something as simple as a ruler to cut my soaps, then figure the measurements out as I go along. Or, I can scrap using measurements entirely.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Update:
I've brought some more equipment for my 'soapmaking lab':
  • A metal container for mixing the ingredients together
  • A stick blender for blending the ingredients together
  • Coconut oil, to add to the water and lye
I'm learning how to make soap at the moment. I'll start by making basic bars, then add in unique fragrances and ingredients which I can tailor to a brand image and test against the market once I have gained the necessary skills. If the market is appreciative of my products, then I can start creating balms and facial sets. If the market consistently doesn't give a F*ck for 6 months, I'll consider something else.

My grandma has agreed to buy the ingredients for me whilst I'm starting off. She has ordered me some tallow and some heat resistant glass measuring jugs.

I've yet to order soap moulds and lye.

Update 2:
I've brought the lye, now all I need are soap moulds.
Nice man, keep going :)

Some tips from my soap selling (a friend of mine makes them I just sell them):

20221224_102216.jpg

Key things to keep in mind an make sure are good:

- Color, make sure the soaps are a vibrant color and a distinct shape
The gingerbread man and the snowflakes sold out, later the donuts. The ones in the back didnt.

- Aroma, they should have a strong pleasent smell
Cheap soap usually doesnt smell, or smells a little bit after opening and then it doesnt
For example, the brown snowflakes smelled strongly of coffee and the top side was with real ground coffe to be used for exfoliating.

- Grip, the soaps should be easy to handle, so dont use crazy shapes, or uncomfortable edges.
We tried to sell dinosaur shaped soaps as well, but they they are very akward to use to wash yourself with.

- Bubbliness, this is very important for the feel and its what will get you repeat customers.
If your soaps dont bubble well, then dont bother selling them, because they will not clean.

- Presentation, make sure your stuff looks good, is pleasing to the eye, the colors complement each other.
Here are some pics from another person I know, and her soaps are great!

1683284085481.png1683284187818.png

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
Being good at maths isn't apart of my natural skillset. In fact, it's a weak point that has caused me to fail today. I don't understand the soapmaking calculations. I need to have the correct ratio between lye to water to olive oil without blowing myself up. Once I master that, I can then add other ingredients into the mix to create more unique bars of soap.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Being good at maths isn't apart of my natural skillset. In fact, it's a weak point that has caused me to fail today. I don't understand the soapmaking calculations. I need to have the correct ratio between lye to water to olive oil without blowing myself up. Once I master that, I can then add other ingredients into the mix to create more unique bars of soap.
Not gonna lie, you'll get some chemical burns on your hands while learning, its just part of the journey of making handmadr cosmetics.

chevenix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
May 1, 2018
World Wide Web
This reminds me of one woman in my country who made and sold cosmetics targeting Muslims and now she's one of the billionaires.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
This reminds me of one woman in my country who made and sold cosmetics targeting Muslims and now she's one of the billionaires.
I'm still unsure of my:
One Avatar
One Product
One Service

I can make great soap, but at the cost of all my other planned products (face care lotions, moisterizers, balms, etc.,)

If I had to choose between all of them, it would be either balms, body butters, or soaps that I would like to produce and scale to mass. I don't know how the market would react to these products yet, so I'm just sticking with soaps for now and will get very good at it whilst thinking of a customer avatar and a problem to solve that is worth the investment on time.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I'm still unsure of my:
One Avatar
One Product
One Service

I can make great soap, but at the cost of all my other planned products (face care lotions, moisterizers, balms, etc.,)

If I had to choose between all of them, it would be either balms, body butters, or soaps that I would like to produce and scale to mass. I don't know how the market would react to these products yet, so I'm just sticking with soaps for now and will get very good at it whilst thinking of a customer avatar and a problem to solve that is worth the investment on time.
Don't get sucked into doing things "the right way" based on information.
The only thing that matters is what actual people actually want.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
Don't get sucked into doing things "the right way" based on information.
The only thing that matters is what actual people actually want.
My biggest fear is having all my hard work amount to nothing. That's why I action fake so much. It's more comfortable and easier living in a state of thinking that you know everything, especially when you fear change. The more progress you think that you're making, the more brutal the rejections or indifference becomes.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
My biggest fear is having all my hard work amount to nothing. That's why I action fake so much. It's more comfortable and easier living in a state of thinking that you know everything, especially when you fear change. The more progress you think that you're making, the more brutal the rejections or indifference becomes.
Hard work is never for nothing. You learn from it and grow. I have probably failed more than anyone else here, and I am still not doing that great. But I am getting better almost every day.

Pain is life. Avoiding pain is avoiding life. A safe, pain-free life lacks any meaning or possibility of finding any kind of fulfillment. It's also impossible. The pain people think they are avoiding by staying safe will just show up 10X worse later when they look back and realize they have been hiding from pain their whole life and haven't done anything.

Your brain feeds you fear to prevent future pain - that is pretty much your brain's primary function. Use it to be smart about your choices, not to avoid them.

That said, it will still be hard. You are trying to push back against some of our strongest human impulses. It might get easier, but it isn't easy.

Also, F*** rejection. Rejection from who? The only approval that matters is your own. Fear of rejection from others is just your own insecurities projected onto others. More fear. And if someone actually does tear you down over a failure, it's really just that person validating their own insecurities and fears. You are just the canvas. People rarely see beyond themselves, and people rarely even see themselves.

Entrepreneurship is one of the most powerful exercises in personal development if you see it from this perspective.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My biggest fear is having all my hard work amount to nothing. That's why I action fake so much.
Weird because action fakes amount to nothing. So why the fear of actual work amounting to nothing?

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
Hard work is never for nothing. You learn from it and grow. I have probably failed more than anyone else here, and I am still not doing that great. But I am getting better almost every day.

Pain is life. Avoiding pain is avoiding life. A safe, pain-free life lacks any meaning or possibility of finding any kind of fulfillment. It's also impossible. The pain people think they are avoiding by staying safe will just show up 10X worse later when they look back and realize they have been hiding from pain their whole life and haven't done anything.

Your brain feeds you fear to prevent future pain - that is pretty much your brain's primary function. Use it to be smart about your choices, not to avoid them.

That said, it will still be hard. You are trying to push back against some of our strongest human impulses. It might get easier, but it isn't easy.

Also, F*** rejection. Rejection from who? The only approval that matters is your own. Fear of rejection from others is just your own insecurities projected onto others. More fear. And if someone actually does tear you down over a failure, it's really just that person validating their own insecurities and fears. You are just the canvas. People rarely see beyond themselves, and people rarely even see themselves.

Entrepreneurship is one of the most powerful exercises in personal development if you see it from this perspective.
My addiction to pornography probably causes these feelings. It's more difficult to gain momentum when you're constantly abusing your body and causing it to feel like shit.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
Hi, so I read a book called The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida and I don't know whether skincare is something I would go into. Of course, you shouldn't follow your passions unless you can find a way to monetize them, but there are niches connected to your passions where there's probably a need. It's not as big of a need as an area completely contrary to your passion, but there could be scalability there. Skincare to me seems boring, feminine and vain. This isn't something I can feel proud of in the long term, I'd rather focus on content creation, or learning a trade. A business that requires creativity and dominance. I can see myself getting trapped inside a skincare business, like Sarah from The E-Myth. Unless I'm behind the scenes running HR/content creation systems, there's no way that this business will thrive. I'm struggling to even muster up the motivation to begin making products. Catering to men's health won't make that much difference either because I know why men should care about their skin, but why should I care? This is supposed to be a non-estrogenic, purpose-led esoteric business and I'd rather pass opportunities like this up to other people. I'd rather be the one who's inspiring these businesses and not the one who's creating them, to be the entrepreneurship mastermind and not just a guy who plays about with perfumes all day. I feel embarrassed and that's why I procrastinated on updating this thread.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
387%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Skincare to me seems boring, feminine and vain.
Well then, class me as boring, feminine & vain. I still need to look good, as I can't take off my face & it's the first thing people see about me.

I'd rather be the one who's inspiring these businesses and not the one who's creating them, to be the entrepreneurship mastermind and not just a guy who plays about with perfumes all day.
???

I don't understand why you'd want to sit in the bleachers when the entire forum encourages you to enter the field. Nothing is won by just letting it pass you by.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi, so I read a book called The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida and I don't know whether skincare is something I would go into. Of course, you shouldn't follow your passions unless you can find a way to monetize them, but there are niches connected to your passions where there's probably a need. It's not as big of a need as an area completely contrary to your passion, but there could be scalability there. Skincare to me seems boring, feminine and vain. This isn't something I can feel proud of in the long term, I'd rather focus on content creation, or learning a trade. A business that requires creativity and dominance. I can see myself getting trapped inside a skincare business, like Sarah from The E-Myth. Unless I'm behind the scenes running HR/content creation systems, there's no way that this business will thrive. I'm struggling to even muster up the motivation to begin making products. Catering to men's health won't make that much difference either because I know why men should care about their skin, but why should I care? This is supposed to be a non-estrogenic, purpose-led esoteric business and I'd rather pass opportunities like this up to other people. I'd rather be the one who's inspiring these businesses and not the one who's creating them, to be the entrepreneurship mastermind and not just a guy who plays about with perfumes all day. I feel embarrassed and that's why I procrastinated on updating this thread.
Well did you make anything at the end?
Sold any cosmetic?

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
The industrial estate down the road from me (in Australia) has 2 small warehouses that make organic skin and hair products on demand for clients.
https://www.privatelabeldynamics.com
https://www.laborganics.com.au

They have a chemist girl there making the batches in iso pallet size containers then they have a little production line. I suppose you have to figure out what goes into it first though lol. They also take care of the labelling. One of them caters for very small orders too I think. Maybe in the future there's something like that for you in your area.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.