Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

INTRO Past - One Leg in Sidewalk & Another in Slowlane; Future - Both legs in Fastlane

monishkumar

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
92%
Am I a Sidewalker or a Slowlaner? That was the toughest thing to understand for me from the three books. While rereading The Millionaire Fastlane now, I recognize that I am both in the Sidewalk and Slowlane. I have a huge mortgage & am frugal about other things (maybe they are related??).

I was a classic money chaser - always running after one thing or the other in software. I never focused on creating value. I created a Newslettr reading app in 2019 and though, it got over 1000users I failed to build on it because I ran towards something more shiny. Ever since, I have started and stopped various software product ideas without even touching a single customer. It pains me that I haven't created value for anyone outside my employer.

After being laid off last year and getting by on contracting for a year, I make enough to sustain my lifestyle and have time to do what I want to do.

Apple has launched Vision Pro and it lacks apps. I see a NEED for apps and I can create value by building apps for it. I have a CS background, so I can design & code. I know it violates the "Control" part of the CENTS framework, but it is a tradeoff I am willing to make right now. Towards the end of Unscripted , MJ DeMarco outlines the steps for validating an idea, making it a productocracy and propagating it. I plan to follow that and be a Fastlaner.

My name is Monish and I live in Edmonton (by choice, for now). I am pleased to be a member of this forum and plan to contribute a little from my experiences.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
157%
Hello! Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you. I’m wishing you the best on your journey to riches!

monishkumar

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
92%
Hello! Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you. I’m wishing you the best on your journey to riches!
Thank you. Would love to hear your intro and what you are doing. I searched, but couldn't find it

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
157%
Thank you. Would love to hear your intro and what you are doing. I searched, but couldn't find it
I have a progress thread here! https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/video-game-development-is-my-passion-and-i’m-making-it-my-fast-lane-strategy.112224/ I’m planning on updating it with a new post tomorrow night or Saturday

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...