The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paving a way for the kiddos

VijayKChary

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 6, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Good day folks!

First and foremost, a big thank you to @MJ for writing these books and for creating this platform for like-minded individuals to come together. It's an earnest attempt from him to help those who are willing to help themselves out of the rat race and I am sure it must have brought you countless blessings at the very least.

I am a 39yr old, living with my beautiful wife and wonderful two young kids (1 and 6 yr old) - something I am very grateful for. Unfortunately, things are not too rosy on the financial front yet. I come from a family that did not make sound financial choices and I on my part did not learn the right lessons from those learnings. Without boring you with the details, my parents were on the slow lane, living paycheck to paycheck and when my father tried his hand at business, I guess it was not thought through well. Though the business generated considerable revenue, the expenses and his generosity ate through it, leaving us severely out of pocket. He unexpectedly fell ill and hospital bills pushed us into further debt. He sadly passed away as I stepped into college. I for sure attribute the illness to financial stress and vowed never to get my family in that situation. My mum worked hard to get us through college to land me into a job and soon quit her measly paying job to pursue her hobbies once I was able to stand on my feet. She did not convert her hobby into anything that generated revenue and thus to date relies on me to pay the bills, which I gladly do.

The whole experience of my dad dissuaded me from venturing into businesses as I felt, that people like us did not have the killer instincts to survive running a business. So, I have been working my a$$ off as an IT developer and moved to Sydney, Australia. My wife is my childhood sweetheart and supports me in everything that I do. She does not have a stable job herself and comes from a family who also are not financially sound so, here I am keeping my family afloat along with my mum's back home and also my in-laws and it is taking a toll on my savings and after all these years have barely anything to show. I don't blame them for my situation as I choose to help them and I didn't strive to earn more to be more self-sufficient early. They have worked very hard in their own times and certainly don't deserve to live in poverty.

I have read several books on how to make money, from investing in real estate, stocks, options (CFDs), mutual funds, self-managed super funds and whatnot. I have tried my hand at them all without lasting success. I was not convinced these will get me to where I wanted to be in the time I want to be. I kept on searching for new ways, and I am so glad I did, otherwise, I would not have stumbled across MJ's books. They opened my eyes to why these systems have failed me and threw light on what I did wrong.

Now, I am starting into the world of entrepreneurship and believe I have found some problems/gaps in the market that I can crack at. I can't afford to quit my job so my time is short but I am committed to working long hours to make up for that. I feel I have gathered the tools that my parents lacked to do this right. I only hope I do the due diligence with my business decisions and not mess things up and hopefully pave the way for my kids to enjoy the benefits from my ventures responsibly and carry them forward when I am gone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...