The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

People can be so F'n Nice !

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I called my Dermatologist office to cancel an appointment for tomorrow...no $.

Louise, the lady on the phone, started asking questions..."Do you have a 'collectible' ?"
Me: yep, I was a 'no show' and was charged $25.
I'm working for myself so cash is up, down, negative, positive.
L- Oh I see. Did you miss an appointment and not cancel ?
Me: yep.
L- Is this something you do often, or is it a first time ?
Me: Oh no...My first time.
L-Did you just ask me if I could do something about this fee ?
Me: :rolleyes: .. oh, yes I did.
L- Did I hear you ask me if I could do a one time courtesy cancellation of this $25 fee ?
Me: Yes. I'm so glad you understand.
:)

In other good news:
My neighbor has an absolutely beautiful, smart, respectful, funny, 8 yr old Daughter. She was riding her bike and I said to her, "Your bike looks very small for you. Is it ?" She said "Yea, my Mom was going to get me one for my Birthday, but...."

Later that day I brought over my Daughter's 'old' bike for her to have. My Daughter out grew hers and it's the perfect size for an 8 yr old.

She's been out riding every day since. :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
Posts like this reminds me why I enjoy browsing this forum. Real stories from real people doing nice things.
images

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, yeah. Pat you on the back. U da MAN, bro!

Kidding, I love doing stuff like this when I can. A lot of people have a hard time with things, and even holding a door open for an extra 15 seconds for someone on crutches seems to be a life changing event.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@IAmTheJeff funny bro. Lol. After I posted what I did for my neighbor.... I was like... Ugh... Sounds like my own pat on the back....

You are right though, sometimes the smallest kind thing we do for someone will seriously change their life.

The bicycle incident occurred two days ago and the phone call to the Doctors was yesterday. The weird thing was I saw people doing kind things for each other the entire time I ran errands yesterday, which was only for an hour. :eek:

That's not really normal around here but I think it was contagious.

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
In other good news:
My neighbor has an absolutely beautiful, smart, respectful, funny, 8 yr old Daughter. She was riding her bike and I said to her, "Your bike looks very small for you. Is it ?" She said "Yea, my Mom was going to get me one for my Birthday, but...."

Later that day I brought over my Daughter's 'old' bike for her to have. My Daughter out grew hers and it's the perfect size for an 8 yr old.

She's been out riding every day since. :D

I'll never forget Arnold Schwarzenegger's 6th rule to success/happiness. Give back to the people. Feels damn good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
@IAmTheJeff funny bro. Lol. After I posted what I did for my neighbor.... I was like... Ugh... Sounds like my own pat on the back....

You are right though, sometimes the smallest kind thing we do for someone will seriously change their life.

The bicycle incident occurred two days ago and the phone call to the Doctors was yesterday. The weird thing was I saw people doing kind things for each other the entire time I ran errands yesterday, which was only for an hour. :eek:

That's not really normal around here but I think it was contagious.
Whoa! See? Give first, then receive from a different direction. LOVE PEOPLE! It's the first post in ICK's astonishing secret of the Z thread.

Guess what - it works every time!

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
We cannot ask the food to be cooked first and then light the firewood.

It always is heartwarming to see genuine human beings still exist!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.