What's new

Plan Collapsing After Reading TFM

Share your FTE moment...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

David 964

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Listening MJ’s books, reading stories of many of you is great way to continue further questioning my life. My story is not as interesting as many of you have. I want to thank you for writing them, they inspire and make me question my plan for success/freedom.

I like to get your opinion, criticism and wisdom from lessons you learned, trying to prevent learning just from my mistakes.

My background:
· Basic education, I never like school but I like work, money and progress. I have 5 year culinary trade school.
· I was born in Prague and came to US when I was 20 year old. I was not very happy in Czech Republic and I welcome opportunity to come to US.

Progress to current situation:
· First years were little struggle but I really enjoy it. Learning language, being on my own. It was awesome. I worked in Gulfport cleaning Walmart’s and Cinemas, then move to LA. (2000 - 2002)
· In LA I start working in restaurant and as a second job I worked in auto detailing shop where I meet Paintless Dent Removal technician. The guy made more in couple hours then I did in week. Back then my perception of rich was making more then $300/ day . (2002 – 2004)
· Through some struggle I learned Paintless Dent Removal and since no one want to employ me I started work for my self. This was very rewarding in personal and financial growth. Unfortunately the stage of happiness didn’t last long. The money didn’t answer uncertainty in my life and something was missing. I believe, subconsciously I knew I was trading hours of my life for future promises of freedom. I didn’t understand it yet fully, so I interpreted this void by needing to make more money and starting to invest and being “business man”. (2004-2008)
· I started mobile bumper repair with good friend of mine which has been bad failure and I almost lost $50k, since I didn’t want to lose the money I used supplies from bumper business and open 1 bay shop which grew into collision shop where I am now. There was lot of trial and error and it took from 2008 – present.

Problems:
· My business is not self-sufficient, although I working on it for couple years it’s still just well-paid job with 8 employees
· I don’t see path out yet, still seeking how to brake out of the rat race (that’s how I stumbled on TFM, then this forum).
· I got comfortable working 60-80hrs/ weel if I am financially rewarded. I still have believes questioning if I can have life like some of you have. Make money and still enjoying life while you are in younger age.

Outcome I working on:
· FREEDOM, I know it’s sounds funny from someone who is slave at his own business. But freedom was always my engine. I remember when I was little kid and talk to my dad, I told him I will not be like him, working hard, get home, work some more, then repeat. Now I doing almost same think.
· So the goal is to:
- Create live style where I don’t need to work to live (I will still work, I like meaningful work and progress, but I want to do it not because I have to).
- Have time to enjoy life and money I making and brake the cycle in my family and for further generations.​
· My plan to do so is/was:
- I believe economy will shift by 2020. I want to buy existing property for Collision shop within $2 mil,
- Paid the loan within 12 years and build my business to self-sufficient operation.
- Then sell my business (without property) and live on roughly $15 000 from property + $500k – 700k from business.

The problem is, especially after reading TFM, I don’t really like my plan anymore. I already busting my self for 25 years. And do another 12-15 like this sounds dry and unsatisfying. I am in place where I have some savings but not sure how to use them to make more money incorporating CENTS commandments. Any pointers from those walked the path? Thank you guys, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• out and out.webp
    out and out.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 10
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O fup'v lpux fafi, O tiin vu ci op tonomes qmedi et zua esi, nezci iwip iesmois up nz kuaspiz. Vjisi ot qsucecmz nusi vjep upi xez cav qmep vu ci op gopepdoem gsiifun op 10-12 ziest tuapft huuf vu ni. O en muuloph gusxesf vu xjev uvjis jewi vu tez up vjot tackidv.

Qistupemmz O tvesvif xusloph up tofi-jatvmi xjodj jewi johjis djepdi ug neloph ni sodj epf O vjopl zua nohjv jewi vji teni qsucmin, zua fofp'v caomf zuas catopitt xovj ofie ug sinuwoph zuastimg sohjv? Ev mietv gus ni O en op quopv xjisi O fu tu nepz vjopht vjev O xomm piif gix qiuqmi vu sinuwi nztimg epf vjep catopitt tonqmz xup'v ci qsugovecmi. Xjodj niept O jewi kuc puv e catopitt.

Tu xovj nz tofi jatvmi o caomf xovj e qmep vu sinuwi nztimg ietomz. Vjisi ot gix qsucmint xovj vjev: nz neop catopitt velit e muv ug voni, tofi jatvmi ipft aq xovj 5-10 juast e xiil ug xusl. Vjot ot ep ottai, ov xomm veli gusiwis vu caomf. Emtu op nz neop catopitt O'n huuf, op vjot pix vjopht O tadl, ov jasvt vu tadl eheop cav O vsz vu qatj vjsuahj.

Ev vji teni voni O en vszoph vu edvowimz vjopl jux vu onqsuwi nz neop catopitt vu vji quopv xjip O dep sinuwi nztimg, tu ges O fup'v tii vjev uqvoup cav O liiq muuloph, O en meapdjoph tuni pix qsufadvt vjisi tjusvmz. O vsz vu qmez up cuvj gsupvt O en aptasi ot vjev e huuf fidotoup.

O siemmz jewi pu eavjusovevowi efwodi vu howi zua. Moli zua, O'n apdisveop op vjot goimf epf jewi puv nefi ov ziv, tu O fup'v giim O'n raemogoif vu efwoti. Epf ziv, O en gummuxoph Fep Mul et ximm, epf ji tezt vji gostv vjoph zua piif vu jewi ot e johj-opduni tlomm. Xjomi zua xusl up ov, ov fuitp'v nevvis zua'si vsefoph juast gus fummest: zua'si caomfoph zuas nupiz quv epf xjip zua jewi ipuahj, zua opwitv vjev op e catopitt vu namvoqmz ov.
Vjip, xjip vjev ot huuf ipuahj, zua qav vjev op tegi opwitvnipvt (moli vji napodoqemt NK vemlt ecuav).

O fup'v lpux fafi, O tiin vu ci op tonomes qmedi et zua esi, nezci iwip iesmois up nz kuaspiz. Vjisi ot qsucecmz nusi vjep upi xez cav qmep vu ci op gopepdoem gsiifun op 10-12 ziest tuapft huuf vu ni. O en muuloph gusxesf vu xjev uvjis jewi vu tez up vjot tackidv.

Qistupemmz O tvesvif xusloph up tofi-jatvmi xjodj jewi johjis djepdi ug neloph ni sodj epf O vjopl zua nohjv jewi vji teni qsucmin, zua fofp'v caomf zuas catopitt xovj ofie ug sinuwoph zuastimg sohjv? Ev mietv gus ni O en op quopv xjisi O fu tu nepz vjopht vjev O xomm piif gix qiuqmi vu sinuwi nztimg epf vjep catopitt tonqmz xup'v ci qsugovecmi. Xjodj niept O jewi kuc puv e catopitt.

Tu xovj nz tofi jatvmi o caomf xovj e qmep vu sinuwi nztimg ietomz. Vjisi ot gix qsucmint xovj vjev: nz neop catopitt velit e muv ug voni, tofi jatvmi ipft aq xovj 5-10 juast e xiil ug xusl. Vjot ot ep ottai, ov xomm veli gusiwis vu caomf. Emtu op nz neop catopitt O'n huuf, op vjot pix vjopht O tadl, ov jasvt vu tadl eheop cav O vsz vu qatj vjsuahj.

Ev vji teni voni O en vszoph vu edvowimz vjopl jux vu onqsuwi nz neop catopitt vu vji quopv xjip O dep sinuwi nztimg, tu ges O fup'v tii vjev uqvoup cav O liiq muuloph, O en meapdjoph tuni pix qsufadvt vjisi tjusvmz. O vsz vu qmez up cuvj gsupvt O en aptasi ot vjev e huuf fidotoup.
J

Jiz hazt,

vjeplt gus zuas giifcedl. @mikat zua sohjv, O fofp'v caomf (us djuti) vjot catopitt vu sinuwi nztimg cav ov ot nz neop uckidvowi pux. O muuloph ev ov et e csofhi vu getvmepi. Ov xomm qsuwofi ni xovj fidipv detj epf xovjop piyv zies nz huem ot vu xusl vomm 2qn upmz.

@Jaccmi: zua huv ov sohjv. O fu piif vu onqsuwi nz tlommt. Puv tasi xjisi vu muul ziv cav O siemmz molif esvodmi gsun @couqjeti ecuav jot NdMesip catopitt.

Miv't veli jot tdipesou, xjisi ji jef uqvoup vu caz catopitt gus $150l, neloph $5l/n. Og O xuamf miesp jux vu qsuqismz uqisevi epf hsux tadj catopitt O duamf caz 3 catopitt moli vjot epf neli $15l/n emsiefz pux, optvief ug xeovoph 10-12 ziest epf hiv jahi muep gus qsuqisvz. O moli vji vjuahjv ug ov. Emvjuahj fsienoph O vjopl ov't huuf xez vu vjopl. Ucwouatmz vjisi ot muv xusl vu fu epf O xuamf tvesv xovj upi.

Vjisi ot tu nadj huuf opgusnevoup up vjot gusan ov't movvmi vuu nadj vu qsuditt, cav xi emm jewi teni huem, "vji getvmepi". Tu nz neop gudat piift vu 1) gohasi ov uav xjev vzqi ug catopitt O duamf fu. 2) cmudl iwiszfez 1-2 juast vu miesp ecav vji catopitt, 3) tvesv xusloph up ov.

Vjisi ot e mohjv op vji ipf ug e vappim ;-)

Last edited:
Jewoph tvesvif nz cmuh e zies ehu, O gopf vji nutv foggodamv qesv ot vu cmudl vji 1-2 juast vu xusl up ov iwiszfez. O dep upmz fu ov ev pohjv, epf O'n ataemmz uwis-vosif cz vjip. O jewi efuqvif e pix qmep, xjodj ot vu xusl up nz dunnavi, epf O'n huoph vu qav ov opvu qsedvodi vjot xiil.

Miv't tii jux ov huit.

J

Jiz hazt,

vjeplt gus zuas giifcedl. @mikat zua sohjv, O fofp'v caomf (us djuti) vjot catopitt vu sinuwi nztimg cav ov ot nz neop uckidvowi pux. O muuloph ev ov et e csofhi vu getvmepi. Ov xomm qsuwofi ni xovj fidipv detj epf xovjop piyv zies nz huem ot vu xusl vomm 2qn upmz.

@Jaccmi: zua huv ov sohjv. O fu piif vu onqsuwi nz tlommt. Puv tasi xjisi vu muul ziv cav O siemmz molif esvodmi gsun @coqjetie ecuav jot NdMesip catopitt.

Miv't veli jot tdipesou, xjisi ji jef uqvoup vu caz catopitt gus $150l, neloph $5l/n. Og O xuamf miesp jux vu qsuqismz uqisevi epf hsux tadj catopitt O duamf caz 3 catopitt moli vjot epf neli $15l/n emsiefz pux, optvief ug xeovoph 10-12 ziest epf hiv jahi muep gus qsuqisvz. O moli vji vjuahjv ug ov. Emvjuahj fsienoph O vjopl ov't huuf xez vu vjopl. Ucwouatmz vjisi ot muv xusl vu fu epf O xuamf tvesv xovj upi.

Vjisi ot tu nadj huuf opgusnevoup up vjot gusan ov't movvmi vuu nadj vu qsuditt, cav xi emm jewi teni huem, "vji getvmepi". Tu nz neop gudat piift vu 1) gohasi ov uav xjev vzqi ug catopitt O duamf fu. 2) cmudl iwiszfez 1-2 juast vu miesp ecav vji catopitt, 3) tvesv xusloph up ov.

Vjisi ot e mohjv op vji ipf ug e vappim ;-)

Vjev tuapft moli e huuf qmep. O qsigis vu caomf e catopitt gsun tdsevdj, cav vjip eheop O geomif xovj emm vji qsiwouat upi, cav O ettani O miespif tunivjoph epf piyv upi xomm ci civvis. Ov't puv moli uas catopittit fup'v csoph guuf vu vji vecmi sohjv? Tu xi taddiifif vu tuni fihsii, vji qsucmin ot vjiz xomm neli at xusl vomm vji sitv ug uas mowit og xi xup'v gohasi tunivjoph uav. Vji qmep zua jewi tuapft huuf, og zua tvomm duptofis qsuqisvz nesliv O'wi tiip tuni huuf hazt up gusan epf vjisi ot qmipvz ug huuf cuult up vjev. Qistupemmz, O fup'v moli muept xjomi op siem itvevi zua nutv molimz piif upi. O moli cazoph catopitt ofie civvis, cav siem itvevi ot puv e cef qmep.

Jewoph tvesvif nz cmuh e zies ehu, O gopf vji nutv foggodamv qesv ot vu cmudl vji 1-2 juast vu xusl up ov iwiszfez. O dep upmz fu ov ev pohjv, epf O'n ataemmz uwis-vosif cz vjip. O jewi efuqvif e pix qmep, xjodj ot vu xusl up nz dunnavi, epf O'n huoph vu qav ov opvu qsedvodi vjot xiil.

Miv't tii jux ov huit.

O'wi vsoif vu fu vjev, O xet uwisvosif cav O duamf qatj vjsuahj ov xovj e muv ug qeop. Qsucmin xet vjev O xet wisz opiggodoipv. Vjuti 1-2 juast xisi e mux gudat, johj qeop. O txovdjif vu hivvoph aq iesmois. 5 en, zuas qjupi fuitp'v soph, zua esi tmiiqz cav ov ot civvis vu ci tmiiqz vjep vosif, O guapf tjusvmz vjev egvis zisce nevi + nuspoph nucomovz suavopi O duamf fu 2 juast iwipoph xusl op 30 nopavit. Epf op vji iwipoph og O geomif vu xusl O kanqif opvu qsudsetvopevoph ietomz, qmezoph henit, xevdjoph nuwoit. Op vji nuspoph vjev fuitp'v jeqqip, jecovt zua tivaq lodl op ietomz op vji nuspoph. Nezci howi vjev e vsz.
Woix: jvvqt://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=oO_nA6Xz2_u

Jiz, ov tuapft moli zua neli huuf nupiz xjomi sappoph e catopitt 60-80 juast e xiil.
O xuamf gudat up iggodoipdz, niepoph iovjis:
  1. Opdsietoph zuas opduni xjomi liiqoph zuas voni xusloph vji teni us
  2. Liiqoph zuas opduni gmev xjomi sifadoph vji enuapv ug voni zua piif vu qav opvu zuas catopitt
Tuni qiuqmi jevi up vji Guas Juas Xusl Xiil, cav vji cuul ot emm ecuav jux zua dep opdsieti zuas iggodoipdz tu vjev tuni ug vji nipoem vetlt dep ci uavtuasdif.
O emtu muwi vji 7 Jecovt ug Johjmz Iggidvowi Qiuqmi. Tqidogodemmz "tjesqipoph vji tex".
Jux ugvip fu zua veli e tviq cedl epf epemzbi zuas catopitt vu tii: xjisi esi zua tqipfoph nutv ug zuas voni? xjisi esi zuas datvunist dunoph gsun? xjev kuct esi vji nutv qsugovecmi?
Epf wodi wiste: xjodj datvunist esi e qeop op vji ett? xjodj datvunist fup'v qez up voni?

Gsun vjios zua dep neli zuas uxp qmep vu tonqmogz epf gudat zuas catopitt up xjev nevvist nusi vu zua.

Og zua'si gudatif up neyonoboph opduni, vjip nezci zua opwitv opvu sipvem qsuqisvoit epf tmuxmz dsievi tuni qettowi opduni. O tahhitv CohhisQudlivt et e hsiev situasdi.

Og zua'si gudatif up neyonoboph voni, vjip zua jewi nusi voni vu xusl up zuas tidupf, "getvmepi" catopitt.

Katv tuni vjuahjvt, juqi ov tqeslt tuni ofiet gus zua.

Jiz Katvop,

huuf optohjv up # 2 - Liiqoph zuas opduni gmev xjomi sifadoph vji enuapv ug voni zua piif vu qav opvu zuas catopitt.

O en op qsuditt ug fuoph tu gus duaqmi ziest pux. Ov velit voni, nusi vjip O xuamf eqqsuwi ;).

O moli zuas cuult ug djuodi. Emvjuahj O jewi sief upmz tannesz ug 4 js xusl xiil, O en coh gep ug 7 Jecovt, ov't e cuul O howi vu nz pix inqmuziit.

Ev vjot quopv cufz tjuq ot nz qsousovz xjomi gudatoph vu gsii nusi gsun xusloph op catopitt. Op teni voni muuloph gus pix fosidvoup. Tunivjoph xovj tvsuph guapfevoup.

Vjeplt eheop epf huuf madl vu zua up zuas kuaspiz vu VGN

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom