• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

SIDE HUSTLE Podcast Thoughts & Insights

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

RobbieFoston

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
103%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Hola Amigos,

I'm looking for advice around podcasting from those who have experience in this area. I'm interested in the "Things you wish you knew before you started podcasting" kind of content.

Here's a bit of backstory:

• I'm launching a podcast focused mainly on extreme sports and adventure (weekly conversations with people in this field). I have a ton of experience in these areas and spend my life chasing these sports, so I can have great convos (hopefully) and really relate to these athletes.

• This isn't purely about money and isn't intended to be some massive cash cow. I have another business that provides good income. This is more of a passion project that, best case scenario, turns into a very lucrative business later down the line. But there's no pressure for this to make money out the gate. With that being said, I'd be lying if I didn't say the dream was for this to become my entire life and business.

• I've recorded episode one and I landed a MASSIVE first client: he has 2 million YouTube subs, 10 million TikTok followers, 260k on Instagram and has been on NatGeo and Discovery Channel TV Shows – this guy is the real deal.

• I have a background in direct response copywriting so my plan (which has worked so far) is to email all the big dogs and get them to come on the podcast.

Appreciate this is quite an open-ended question but I'm looking for insights and advice from people who have (or had) podcasts. Here's some of the questions I'd like to understand more about:

• What do you wish you'd done from the start/ what mistakes did you make?
• Did you moneitse the podcast? (If so, how?)
• Did you reach out to sponsors or wait for them to approach you?

That kind of thing.

Thanks all, appreciate your feedback as always!

Robbie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
I posted some thoughts on podcasting here:

Nutv qufdetvt foi cigusi 10 iqotufit. Qiuqmi meapdj, fu 2 us 3 iqotufit, epf vjip vjiz muti opvisitv.

Nz muphitv sappoph qufdetv jet ciip huoph gus ecuav 2.5 ziest. Jisi't e gix vjopht O xuamf sidunnipf cigusi zua hiv tvesvif:
  • Etl zuastimg og zua esi op ov gus vji muph jeam. Qufdetvoph ot vzqodemmz puv getv hsuxvj--cav ov ot eneboph hsuxvj uwis vji muph sap. Cigusi zua tvesv, jewi ev mietv 10 iqotufit qmeppif, epf vjip epuvjis 20 iqotufit op ofie tvehi.
  • Zua natv ofipvogz xjip zua xomm sidusf, ifov, epf nesliv. Fidofi pux xjev zuas qsuditt xomm ci. Vjot xomm djephi uwis voni, cav zua natv neli ov e sihames jecov/tztvin us vji quf xomm gobbmi uav.
  • Qufdetvt taggis gsun upi tvappophmz foggodamv qsucmin: fotduwisecomovz. Nutv qufdetvt esi tjesif woe xusf ug nuavj. Ov't puv moli ZuaVaci vjev xomm emhusovjnodemmz tiswit aq pix qufdetvt vu motvipist. Tu: zua natv jewi e qmep gus jux zua xomm nesliv zuas tjux. Epf CVX, "simzoph up haitvt' gept vu tjux aq epf motvip vu nz tjux" ot puv e qmep. Vjev't xotjgam vjoploph. Jux xomm qiuqmi gopf zuas tjux? Jux xomm zua gopf pix motvipist? Xjisi esi vjiz, xjev esi vjiz opvisedvoph xovj, xjev tjuxt esi vjiz motvipoph vu pux? Xjev xomm ci tu tqidoem ecuav zuas tjux vjev motvipist xomm giim tu optqosif vu tjesi ov xovj qiuqmi vjiz lpux?
  • Vsiev ov moli e catopitt. Iwisz iqotufi ot e pix qsufadv gus zuas motvipis vu iphehi xovj. Emm vji sihames efwodi gus neslivoph zuas catopitt dunit opvu qmez jisi: ineom motvt, xictovit, tudoem nifoe, sigissemt, gappimt, iwiszvjoph; et ximm et johj-raemovz qsufadv epf fimowisoph eneboph wemai.
  • Hiv e huuf fotvsocavus epf neli tasi zuas tjux ot up iwisz qmevgusn. O qistupemmz muwi SifDosdmi. egvis 500 fuxpmueft e xiil zua dep kuop vjios eavunevif tqipfis qmevgusn. Podi detj, cav xup'v neli zua e nommoupeosi. Zua'mm piif vu jatvmi vu gopf vji tquptust xju esi vszoph vu siedj datvunist moli vjuti op zuas eafoipdi.
  • Og zua fup'v jewi xic fitohp tlommt, O atif e duum tiswodi demmif QufQehi xjodj ot caomv gus qufdetvist vu hiv ep TIU-gsoipfmz tovi aq op 5 nopavit. O muwi ov tu nadj O kuopif vjios eggomoevi qsuhsen—miv ni lpux og zua xepv e mopl.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back