The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Possible Idea

Idea threads

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
My wife and I sometimes find ourselves at the end of the day, looking to make a meal, but not knowing what to make given the ingredients we have. I was considering building an tool that would offer up a selection of recipes given a set of ingredients or a desired time. Over time, if this has traction, the tool would allow users to filter the recipes based on dietary concerns.

Another idea would be to create a meal generator give a weekly grocery list. (Or the reverse - generate a grocery list given a meal plan). I could imagine tying this to a service like Amazon so you could put in your meal plan, and have some of the ingredients on your door.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
A few things, the most notable being Supercook. But your point is well taken.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
at the end of the day my friend ideas are kind of irrelevant to an extent , execution is what counts. you have alot of great ideas outthere but where are they now lol if you look at some of these large companies their ideas were shit at first but the smart thing they did was they create an ugly version or a prototype of their system and release it out into the wild and make the customers rip it apart.

that's where the haha moment comes in because what happens now is that when they get all those disgusting reviews which is the best reviews because they are honest. they can see what needs tweaking and implement that into the system.that's what you need to do right now because trust me by the time you are finish with the market research and other stuff relating to that trust me you are going to really see that ideas sometimes are just plain shit.

but i think your second idea though i think that's already implemented by a company on sharktank called "plated". but at the end of the day though don't get too discouraged maybe along the way you come up with some feature that can add more value to your platform. so instead of doing what they are doing you can create an entirely different user experience which is really valuable these days.

you're in the right direction but at the end of the day though you have alot of work to do, if you are serious about this well good luck on your journey wish you all the best and don't give up.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Nevermind, cooled down; found what I needed.

Last edited:

Perry Rico

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2015
My wife and I sometimes find ourselves at the end of the day, looking to make a meal, but not knowing what to make given the ingredients we have. I was considering building an tool that would offer up a selection of recipes given a set of ingredients or a desired time. Over time, if this has traction, the tool would allow users to filter the recipes based on dietary concerns.

Another idea would be to create a meal generator give a weekly grocery list. (Or the reverse - generate a grocery list given a meal plan). I could imagine tying this to a service like Amazon so you could put in your meal plan, and have some of the ingredients on your door.

Thoughts?
This is easy. Its called recomendation engine. However; you need database of existing recipe so the app can data mine it / uncover the relationship

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
This is easy. Its called recomendation engine. However; you need database of existing recipe so the app can data mine it / uncover the relationship
Thanks for the information! That gives me a few areas to start looking at once I've vetted the idea.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
The only thing I know of is "Blue Apron" and "super cook"

We just started using Blue Apron and its pretty well done. and you get to keep the nice big color recipe sheets they give you

ToniLene

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Sep 9, 2015
Even if it's been done, it can always be done better by someone else. Offer a new spin.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Even if it's been done, it can always be done better by someone else. Offer a new spin.

I know, competition is a good thing since it means there is a market.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.