The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
With declining interest in alcohol, mocktails are becoming a "thing."

I find myself looking for them when dining out, so I can confirm the "thing."

Alcoholic ginger beer is huge in Australia now too, tastes way better than beer but is a very similar drink

If this hasn’t happened in your country yet I’m sure it would work

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Alcoholic ginger beer is huge in Australia now too, tastes way better than beer but is a very similar drink

If this hasn’t happened in your country yet I’m sure it would work
My friends Australian and his dad buys it. It’s certainly here in Canada, and probably thriving.

If it’s here in Canada, probably is in the us

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
- Creating amazing co-op video games and bringing back the feeling of Blockbuster video game sessions (there are not a lot of these anymore)
- Creating a productivity app that makes it fun to accomplish their daily to do lists and goals
- Creating music videos and cinematography
- Building a private gym with a focus on basketball and helping school athletes improve (most of the dozens of gyms I have spent time in are overcrowded with random players which makes it difficult for people who are serious about their game to work on their game)

FltLevel391

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jul 31, 2020
Denver, CO
View attachment 50484

Create a parody/satirical website of the WEF and name it the World Misanthropic Forum. Think Babylon Bee style.

This a-holes need to be marginalized as the joke they are.

And then perhaps, billionaires and politicians will stop being puppeteered by them.
Is this an actual article that the WEF put out MJ? Completely agree with the potential to comedically expose the misguided nature of this group.

aDollarMight

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 26, 2023
Canada
Someone should create a series of wallets with sentences like ''This si why I'm poor'' or ''I can't stop spending!'' written on it for compulsive buyers who want to be less tempted to pull out their wallet in public.

People are going to want to hide their wallet in their pockets with sentences like that.

Targeting compulsive buyers can't possibly be a bad business idea, right?

Angel Meza

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 20, 2023
I think we need a random off topic chat thread where we just dump all of our half fleshed out ideas that we will never do anything with and discuss them, things that are not worthy of an INE or their own thread.

Why? Maybe someone from the forum will solve your problem for you. Maybe you’ll find a half baked idea you can develop into something.

I’ll start with mine:
- Uber for freight, there’s a massive shortage of freight drivers right now, how about someone with a Ute/truck can just do bulk local b2b deliveries for warehouses like an Uber.
- people with Crohn’s disease sometimes have to do these strict diets where they only eat these shakes, they do this for months and they only have 3 flavours. I think this is the case anyway I don’t have crohns but I remember a workmate doing it years ago and complaining there was only 3 flavours, how to spot an idea 101.
- a phone charger cable that’s some kind of folding circuit board that folds up shaped like a credit card. Definitely doable with the new thin connectors and the usb that are just the flat board part of it.
- a print on demand 3D printing business that prints peoples custom in game characters from games like RuneScape, this is probably the best of these ideas, it would make a huge business if it was done well
- when houses are auctioned people have to get a house inspection before they bid because they can’t do it after they bid, this can get really expensive if you lose a bunch of auctions and is so inefficient. Set up a business that inspects every house being auctioned and just resells the same inspection to anyone interested. Even better if you just pay a share to someone who’s had an inspection done there already and gives it to you to resell to recoup some money.
- yoga mat covers like towels that slip over the mat, cool patterns, washable, grippy. I think I’ve started seeing these now but still an idea.

That’s all I’ve got, hopefully some others a willing to share theirs.

It doesn’t matter how terrible they are just share them here it’s what it’s for.
This is my first time posting anything like this on this forum but here is my idea. Someone making a offerup/craigslist(but better of course) like app or facebook like app but for the selling and purchasing of dogs. Ive been looking for certain breeds of dogs like xoloitzcuintli's, Shiba Inus, and Belgian malinouis. And i can never find them on any website or app like FB marketplace. Its really irritating. I want to find these dog breeds but i want to see like all other the country. most sites i visit are outdated or are very far out of state. Some basic user interface for the app or website could be a price comparison of how much each dog usually goes for like how facebook does it or kbb where it averages what the price usually is vs what the seller is listing the dog for. It could have loads of dog breads with either private sellers selling pups or certified dog breeders. In order for it to be profitable it could charge a small 5-20$ fee for listing a pup. This would just be to get the word out the sale of the pup between customer and seller would be private or by wire transfer. It could also add location or relative distance from you where you would only enter the zip code for where you are and itll show you all dogs in your area you could buy. Might seem like a dumb idea to some, but all im going to say is that there is big money is dog breeds and selling them. If you can connect more buyers to pup sellers you will catch a nifty dollar. Keep in mind cane corso puppys go for $4,000s. someone would definitely pay to have it sold on the website or app

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
There's an idea I've at the back of my mind which I'm putting off currently, to focus on another project which has a higher odds of success without that much capital needed upfront.

The problem:

A google search will reveal a list of issues with this type of product.
(btw, I'm a daily user of this product)

The solution:

An all-natural handmade alternative (the recipes are already online), targeted at a specific subculture / segment of the market (this is the secret which is why I'm not afraid to post this idea online lol).

A search on Etsy will reveal some products that are similar.

My reason for not executing this is due to the issue of "Where and how am I going to sell this?" I don't trust Etsy : I've a lot to say about their rigged algorithm and that's for another day.

I may end up executing on this one day, but if you do it and become a multi-millionaire aka the next founders of FrankBody, please throw some spare coins you've when you see a beggar by the roadside, because that would be me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great idea ripe for the taking: News They Aren't Telling You

I'm tired of these News Aggregators like 1440 who are lying to you with the marketing position of being NON-BIASED.

No, they are BIASED. Don't be fooled. When these "non biased" sources omit news and quarantine information, they are biased.

If your only sources are NPR, CNN, WAPO and all the other corporate media cartels, your "news" is implicitly and systemically biased.

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
Th
I think we need a random off topic chat thread where we just dump all of our half fleshed out ideas that we will never do anything with and discuss them, things that are not worthy of an INE or their own thread.

Why? Maybe someone from the forum will solve your problem for you. Maybe you’ll find a half baked idea you can develop into something.

I’ll start with mine:
- Uber for freight, there’s a massive shortage of freight drivers right now, how about someone with a Ute/truck can just do bulk local b2b deliveries for warehouses like an Uber.
- people with Crohn’s disease sometimes have to do these strict diets where they only eat these shakes, they do this for months and they only have 3 flavours. I think this is the case anyway I don’t have crohns but I remember a workmate doing it years ago and complaining there was only 3 flavours, how to spot an idea 101.
- a phone charger cable that’s some kind of folding circuit board that folds up shaped like a credit card. Definitely doable with the new thin connectors and the usb that are just the flat board part of it.
- a print on demand 3D printing business that prints peoples custom in game characters from games like RuneScape, this is probably the best of these ideas, it would make a huge business if it was done well
- when houses are auctioned people have to get a house inspection before they bid because they can’t do it after they bid, this can get really expensive if you lose a bunch of auctions and is so inefficient. Set up a business that inspects every house being auctioned and just resells the same inspection to anyone interested. Even better if you just pay a share to someone who’s had an inspection done there already and gives it to you to resell to recoup some money.
- yoga mat covers like towels that slip over the mat, cool patterns, washable, grippy. I think I’ve started seeing these now but still an idea.

It doesn’t matter how terrible they are just share them here it’s what it’s for.
There amazing ideas the 3d pod one has been in my mind for months now aswell there’s quite a few people already doing it on Etsy and stuff so I’d say you could use some sort of ghost kitchen method with them give them your packaging and filament you want used and they use they’re printer and ship out for you. Win win for everyone you get them more business and you make money all you have to do is run the site do some marketing/SEO/ Brand (kinda like dropshipping but better)

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
It
I ended up making some homemade ice cream over the weekend and as I was dumping rock salt onto the ice I had the though, 'Why isn't there ice with salt already in it, made specially for homemade ice cream making?'

A speech translating communicator - speak into it in one end and the other spits out the translation

A 360 degree treadmill with a full haptic suit so you can play video games, run on the treadmill = motion in-game and the haptic suit responds to your avatar taking damage.
You would have to get ice home faster salt water ice melts quicker then ice

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
A flower pot that changes color according to the moisture level of the soil so people will know and remember the ideal time to water their plants.. or maybe they already exist :) just popped in to my mind

Edit: or somekind of fancy indicator stick that does the same and can be sticked in the pot
There ubsordly simple to make I made one that watered itself, LUCKLY HOWEVER all the companies that make them are terrible at excuting the idea, so much I entered one I built from a few pieces of wood, shopping bags and a few electronic things in the national science competition of Ireland the same one the stripe brothers where in and one 2 bd in my category. They really just need to be made simple and available in local gardening shops and they’d dell like hot cakes

Kyrieles

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 17, 2023
A friend of mine and I came up with a sound-isolated jar. You scream in it, and nobody will hear you. I think it's unironically an ok idea, but I don't know if it's doable, lol. We also gave it a name: "Yell Coffer". You're welcome if you become a millionaire by making this. Send me one.
I have a friend who executed on this idea years ago. It's called "Belt Box" and is targeted towards singers who need to warm up. Sold it on Amazon. He was a former musical theater performer. Not sure how much he made, but was able to live in a super nice apartment building in the most expensive part of Manhattan (near times square) with his income.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Th

There amazing ideas the 3d pod one has been in my mind for months now aswell there’s quite a few people already doing it on Etsy and stuff so I’d say you could use some sort of ghost kitchen method with them give them your packaging and filament you want used and they use they’re printer and ship out for you. Win win for everyone you get them more business and you make money all you have to do is run the site do some marketing/SEO/ Brand (kinda like dropshipping but better)
we did some recherche on that, but theres a big copyright problem!

hayden47c

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 11, 2023
Here's one, why the f*ck is every jar of chip dip/cheese taller than it is wide? You could fit the same amount of dip into a wider, less tall jar, and it would be 10 times easier to reach it all, without getting it all over your hands.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
A discreet doomsday prepper
packages that can be hidden from family members who live under the same roof.

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
we did some recherche on that, but theres a big copyright problem!
Aw that’s annoying it would be such a good project the good parts of drop shipping and pod combined with a great niche I know from experience, when I didn’t have a printer I was really into arduino and raspberry pi stuff and all the cool projects required printed stuff I would have bought so many 3d prints

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Aw that’s annoying it would be such a good project the good parts of drop shipping and pod combined with a great niche I know from experience, when I didn’t have a printer I was really into arduino and raspberry pi stuff and all the cool projects required printed stuff I would have bought so many 3d prints
If you need something printed, no problem, we can print everything, but things with copyright are a no go.

Lochlan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 9, 2023
If you need something printed, no problem, we can print everything, but things with copyright are a no go.
Oh I thought u were talking about the business idea was patented but you’re talking about 3d models it wouldn’t be that difficult my 3d model search engines tell u if u can use them commercially. Have you started a 3d pod business???

ksingking

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 6, 2023
Here's a half baked from me!

An app that lets servers sign up under their restaurants, like door dash, maybe even using door dash to fulfill.

Essentially instead of placing the order with doordash, you pick out your restaurant and server on this app, they chat or video with you, they check over your order, make sure your sauces are in there, make sure everything is right, maybe even review it via video. Then it goes out for delivery.

The benefit is to directly profit the restaurant and servers who now are kind of getting screwed by uber and doordash, and to get the customer direct, better service those apps don't really give

The problem is, I don't know if that better service is worth the extra tip to a real person. The next problem is I'm not entirely sure how I'd profit from such a thing, it'd just be nice for the customers and servers

Somebody help me bake it or steal it and I'll use it :)
my first question is wouldn't then the new app become the middleman? Essentially just trying to undercut an existing middleman?

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
Generating coloring pages with Midjourney (it can do wonderful coloring page images by a push of a button), then posting it under your own domain, ranking for keywords such as "X coloring pages", where "X" could be anything, like owl coloring pages, elephant coloring pages, castle coloring pages, beach coloring pages, tractor coloring pages, rose coloring pages, princess coloring pages etc. You can generate the text with ChatGPT (so don't just publish the images, you also need text content). Search for "midjourney coloring pages prompt". You might monetize the site by display ads (such as Adsense, Ezoic or Mediavine). Learn SEO properly first. These coloring pages keywords have huge search volumes on Google.

UKageng

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 10, 2016

I’ll start with mine:

The phone charger idea is really interesting.

lakepoet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 6, 2023
I had this idea for an app I would call "Wakey"
The basic idea: crowdsourcing wake up calls OR The Uber for wake up calls.

The problem: I find that traditional alarm systems, automated voice calls etc. cannot defeat sleep inertia that pulls most people back to sleep after they turn off the alarm or hit the snooze button. But when you have a real human being talking to you, something happens in your brain after 1 -2 min of small talk you are truly awake.

The solution: An app that routes callers to "callees" as needed. Callers can make up to a $1 for a 1-2 minute phone call. Which means if there is enough demand, a caller could make $20-$40 per hour from anywhere in the world.

This may appeal to providers in developing countries serving customers in developed countries.
The app would require identification and allow for two-way feedback like most gig apps.
The app would not reveal either party's phone number (I'm not sure if this is feasible).
There could also be an optional checklist with goals and reminders for every customer.

Stan_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Apr 25, 2022
A web app to create and edit rap beats

tldr. Basically what Figma is to Photoshop but with an extra library of audio added

Problems in the current editor space
-too complicated to use audio editing software (high learning curve)
-no fast access to an audio library
-hard to collaborate with other persons
-kinda hard to find the right sound effects and put them in
-web solutions already look pretty ugly (no offense if anyone from there is reading this)( Beatmaker: Make a Beat for Free on Splice | Splice )
-a little bit hard to host and share some samples securely
-a little bit time consuming to share it and download it

Solutions
-a fast web / phone app to import, create and edit audio
-minimalist in the sense of it does throws away many complicated but barely useful features and is also easy to use
-a fully accessible library audio library that you can import from right in the editor
-a good filtering system for searching audio and some extra "find similar" features that would use some basic AI tool to find similar audio
-easy tool to share and collaborate with others on the audio
-some small scaled (maybe paid tier) ability to host audio
-some nice design (something graffiti like)

G

GuestR401x3

A news source that always posts multiple articles per topic at hand. One written by a Democrat, one by a Republican, and one by an independent.

Or a news source that is true to the facts and is unbiased, but this would be hard to pull off.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here you go, startup cost is virtually nothing but hustle and grind.

1702308173550.png

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
I found two business ideas while working on my actual business. First, I needed racks for my storage boxes, but they were crazy expensive. So, I made them myself using my granddad's tools, spending about 200 euros and a few hours of labour. If I had bought them, it would've cost 2000-3000 euros for standard-sized racks. And they would not even be custom made for the exact sizes i needed. Since many people have storage boxes in the Netherlands, I thought others might have the same problem.

The second idea came up when I had to pick up returned packages from a drop-off point daily. I wanted a big mailbox for them, but couldn't find any at reasonable prices with quick delivery. Or they would be too small or with no security so everybody could just steal em. I even started making prototypes with a guy from a steel bending factory, but my main business got busier, so I put this idea on hold. I think lots of people who shop online a ton, especially some girls i know who buy clothes all the time, might prefer a convenient solution instead of going to pick up packages or bothering neighbors. Could be an easy business to test out with some google ads or facebook ads to see if there is any interest.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
Self-storage REITs performance: REITs vs. Stocks: What Does the Data Say? | The Motley Fool
The self-storage REIT sector has the best performance from 1994 to 2021 among all the REIT sectors.

The idea is to open self storage facilites in your local area. Automate the whole process to make it as passive as you can. But the competition might be fierce.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Someone needs to come up with some type of storage container for high altitudes that can increase the lifespan of mushrooms. I eat of ton of them, and as soon as I open the package, they are bad 2 days later.

Now if you're thinking this has been solved; no it hasn't—despite the marketing claims.

PS: Yes, we've tried the paper lunch bag, does nothing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.